Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi all....should know this but brain doing its gone dumb thing it usually does the week before I go away....I want to take a small pack of cleansing wipes in my hand luggage.....do I have to put them inmy liquids bag...there wont be much room for anything else if I do

The other thing is my teenage lad cant take tablets ....he is sick if he tries to swallow them...always been like that....doctor always gives him medication in liquid form because of this.....so I have to buy the 6+ ibrufen or calpol......and take it away with me just incase......I had some single dose calpol sachets and I bought an 100ml bottle of 6+ ibrufen.....put them in his liquid bag for handluggage....thought it would be OK.....but reading the not allowed list am not sure....it says medicine over 50mls not allowed...so will I have to put the 100ml bottle of ibrufen in his hold luggage....tweetie
TWEETIE PIE,

Cleansing wipes are fine as they aren't a liquid, they're just damp tissues. I would take medication that you need for the flight, and a contigency in hand luggage, and the rest in hold luggage. If you have a note from the doctor, that will cover you. If not, anything <100ml in your clear plastic bag should be fine.

Darren
thanks Darren......he is fine he shouldnt need to take anything on the flight....I just take it away with me incase as he wont even take the disolvable stuff....and is a nuiscience having to get it if I need it....thought I would be able to take the 100ml bottle as hand luggage in his liquids bag....using his weight allowance for hand luggage ...saving weight in his case.....if they class the bottle of liquid ibrufen as medine they might confiscate it as its more than 50mls........so think best put it in the case instead....will just take the calpol sachets in his liquid bag incase he gets earache after take off.....tweetie
going to crete soon first s/c holiday in a long time , can you still take cool/freezer bags with bits and pieces in , aslong as it fits the correct weight and size requirements ?
Hi Llindy ... under current hand luggage restrictions (details on page 1), cooler bags containing ice or gel packs are not permitted.

David :wave
thank you for your reply David, in the hold it goes then
I had a 100ml bottle of Calpol in my liquids bag and it wasn't a problem at Stansted. Also with cool bags it's the gel pack that's not allowed, the cool bag without the gel packs is allowed (unless rules have changed in the last few months). Cool bag does need to be in hand luggage or used as the one piece of hand luggage.
Hoping to go to Icmeler in October and have promised to make a 1 tier Fruit wedding cake for our friends wedding. Will I be allowed to take it in a tin packed inside a small bag as my hand luggage.Hopefully flying Thomas Cook or Thomson from Doncaster.
Thanks
Shaz150
shaz150,

As long as it's within size and weight restrictions for hand luggage, there's nothing to stop you taking a cake with you.

Darren
Thanks Darren :tup
Hope I can get it there in one piece
Shaz
Wedding cake shouldn't be a problem shaz as it will be quite firm and the icing set. Just try and keep it the right way up in your luggage I've taken a Christmas pudding out to Tunisia without any problems, though of course that was in a basin.
Hiya,
We are off to Cuba in the morning with Direct Holidays can I put my husband's electric shears and charger in my hand luggage? I can't put them in the hold as I am already 1kg over do you think they will charge for this? If so how much would it be.

Cheers,

Anne
As you can't even take a small pair of nail scissors I very much doubt you will get away with shears, electric or otherwise. :yikes
We are off to Cuba in the morning with Direct Holidays can I put my husband's electric shears and charger in my hand luggage?

Bit late because you'll have left by now but he might find that they are useless in Cuba anyway! Most sockets are only 110v and not 220v as here so a lot of things that need re-charging just won't charge-up anyway.

I can't put them in the hold as I am already 1kg over do you think they will charge for this? If so how much would it be.

By the time you read this you'll already know the answer but it very much depends on who the carrier is and the frame of mind of the staff on the check-in desk. I always travel out to Cuba with a lot of extra stuff and so like to use Cubana whenever possible because they not only give you a 30kg allowance but tend to be lax about enforcing it. The one time I used a standard holiday charter with their 20kgs allowance, my pal was more than 10kgs over and I was approx 7kgs over but we weren't charged a thing despite taking nearly 60kgs between us. But a young women we got talking to on the plane and who had less baggage than either of us was stung for £80 on her credit card. Her pal was also charged a good whack too and she had to ring her Dad to provide his CC details over the phone!

Assuming that you are talking about something that your man uses to shave his head and chin and not cut the garden hedge, I'd have told him to give his bonce the once over just before we left and to either pop a pack of disposable razors in his case or take a chance on being able to buy them in Boots once we were airside :D

SM
We flew out of Manchester Airport last Wednesday, wasn't until I was looking through my backpack hand luggage at the hotel in Ibiza, that I realised I had in a zipped compartment near the bottom of the pack, a small locking knife with a near three inch blade inside a pouch, I was amazed, I thought I'd emptied the pockets like I always do when off abroad.

Security? :(
danzante wrote:
a small locking knife with a near three inch blade inside a pouch, Security? :(

well, its not too good that security missed a knife with a three inch blade, but then again it was lucky for you they didn't pull your bag and find it because if they find a lock knife they are obliged to call the police over to have a little chat and the probability of a caution , any lock knife with a long blade could be a charge. while people might have them for good reason like fishing etc , they are illegal in this country and the police will take action if they are found on you.

electric shears for cutting hair are ok to carry in hand luggage, as are disposable razors.
We are flying with Jet2, if we buy our usual couple of bottles in the duty free will this count towards hand luggage.

Only ask as a couple we know had a row at dep gate last time with the Easyjet staff under similar conditions.
bigbaddad,

Many airlines are strict these days with the number of bags you are permitted onboard the aircraft. This is due to limited space in the cabin and overhead storage areas. Jet2 allow one piece of hand luggage per person up the the prescribed limits. It's best if you can fit your duty free inside your hand luggage then there are no problems at the boarding gate.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.