Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi,my son has a leapfrog laptop (he's 2yrs) it has 2 volume controls so it wouldn't annoy other passengers,is he allowed to take this onboard to use,it's battery operated.I'm trying to find a few toys aswell as his crayons and paper to occupy him on our 4 hour flight to tenerife next month.
Thanks!
sunny days,

Laptops are fine onboard aircraft and in your hand luggage. It'll need to be taken out of your hand luggage and screened seperately at security so don't pack it in too tightly. The laptop can be used on the aicraft apart from at taxi, take-off and landing, ie only while in the cruise. Even thought the volume may be low, it's requested passengers use headphones to prevent disturbing other passengers, of have it on mute.

Darren
Hi all

I have been trawling through the forum for answers but can some-one clarify the rules for makeup/toiletries in habd luggage for me.

I think it is 100ml limit either decanted into bottles or buy travel sizes - this has to be placed in a clear zipped bag (will a cheap pencil case do ??) and is there any limit to the total amount you can take.

Also do these have to go seperate in the "bin " going through security.

Am I right in that if you buy suncream etc after going through security there are no limits ??

Many thanks - first time travelling just with hand luggage (only to Ibizia)

Tina x
Hi. Max of 10 x 100ml containers allowed in clear resealable bag. Pencil case will do as long as it doesn't exceed the size dimensions. You will need to remove them from your hand luggage for separate screening.

If you buy liquids/suncreams airside there is no limit to what you can take but some airlines will insist they fit inside your hand luggage- although I've always carried mine through in the carrier bag the shop supplied.
Hi Tina,I took mine through in a clear make up bag and was told that it wasn't allowed .We flew with Ryannair from Stansted and there was a machine selling 4 bags for £1 just in front of security.T.
we just used resealable sandwhich bags they were ok

:tup We always use the medium sized resealable freezer/sandwich bags that they seel in Tesco and Asda.
Hello all

Can someone please tell me if you are allowed to take food i.e packed lunch through security at Gatwick, last time a tried to take food through for my little boy it was taken off me :que
mickyjo,

You can take food items through security as long as they aren't in the form of liquids or gels. Sandwiches etc are fine. This includes liquid baby food or sterilised water, sufficient for the journey but the accompanying adult will be required to verify by tasting at securty. Essential liquid dietary foodstuffs which are deemed essential can be taken through airport security and will be subject to verification by the passenger. Any other liquids or gels must conform to the 100ml rule.

Darren
Hi guys (or Darren, who is the expert ;))
Just wondering, my 16 year old daughter is like a walking pill box.. Will it be OK for her to take ibuprofens, sickness tablets, travel sickness tablets and the pill in her hand luggage? Don't want to get stopped for any reason.

CourtneeLouise xx :tup
Courtney I have lots of meds which I take through with me and take in hand luggage, just in case my suitcase gets lost (touch wood it doesn't), in fact going tomorrow armed with pills, mine are prescriptions and I keep the doc label on box just in case, but I have never had any issues before
Thanks shirley, all my daughters pills except ibuprofens have the doctors label on them so I will do the same as you and keep them on. Thankyou!

CourtneeLouise xx
CourtneeLouise,

The rules state that you are permitted to take enough medication on a flight in hand luggage to cover the duration of the flight and a contingency for any delays. However in reality, I'd play it safe and take them all in hand luggage as the last thing you want is prescription medication to go missing in a suitcase that may not be available at your destination. As long as they are labelled with the prescription so you can justify having them, you shouldn't have a problem.

Darren
Just incase (excuse the pun :D ) anybody is interested this backpack is designed to fit the maximum lugguage size of most budget airlines and still gives 44 litres capacity.

It seems to be on offer at a good price today (please check other retailers first) and if you sign up to their news letter you can get an extra 5% off ( 5life ;) )

http://www.dealtastic.co.uk/ultra-light-backpack-designed-for-travelling.html

Edit
If anybody is still considering you use code Murray16 the price drops to £9.96
Just make sure you are not in a hurry to get this as I've read the goods can take weeks to arrive from this site.

luci :wave
hi kiltman.....wish I'd seen this last year....took son and a friend for 4days to salou on ryanair...got flylite ones in the end after info off HT....I think these back packs are better as it is awkward packing the flylite ones so your stuff dont spread out and turn into a big bulge at the bottom and an empty top half....the backpacks have lots of zipped spaces so this is less of a problem....will be buying a few of these for future use as only bought 2 flylites ....handy for taking a few kids out to salou for a short break...tweetie
Just make sure you are not in a hurry to get this as I've read the goods can take weeks to arrive from this site.

My only experience with them was when I ordered a TripneedsTrackerlock http://www.dealtastic.co.uk/previous-deals and it arrived within a week.

Again at a good price £13.97 for 2 as compared to Amazon £12.52 for one, an even better deal now £9.97 :( if you use Murray16 as your discount code.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.