Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Remember that the hand luggage allowance with Thomas Cook is only 5kgs.

luci :wave
Hi

Strange question, are you permitted to carry toy plastic cowboy guns in hold luggage ? We are going to a fancy dress party soon after we land in Spain, so wouldn't have time to buy them there.

Would hate there to be a potential problem at the airport

Many thanks

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
pmrita,

Welcome onboard :tup
This isn't so much a question for Ryanair, but with airport security. It's a no for the transport of any replica firearm. I would be very dubious about taking them with me even for fancy dress. I would advise against having them in a public area as they may cause a police response if reported. Toy gun or not, they can look real from a distance.

Darren
Hi Darren

Thanks for the quick response. The "cowboy" guns are plastic from a toy shop and would be in the hold luggage. The fancy dress party is in a private house and they would be binned after the party.

Regards
Hi Darren

Just located the info I requested, you cannot take toy guns in hold luggage

Restricted Items

Removed copyright material and replaced with link. Dazbo HT Mod
Sorry if this has already been asked - I have posted somewhere but can't find it plus some extra items here :rofl

Can you pack following in hand luggage - hairdryer, straighteners, camera, video camera, mobile phone chargers, ipods, Nintendo ds - also can you use these on the plane?

Just trying to be careful with the weight as having to put all creams & lotions etc into cases

:cheers
Yes, you can pack all those items in your hand luggage and you can use ipods and games consoles on the plane but they must be switched off for take off :tup
Thanks loads - right zips to be locked and early to bed as early up for early flight - yahooooo!! :cheers
Hand luggage regulations ...April 2012

is there any update on the preposed changes to hand luggage at major Uk airports, will we be able to take liquid through security tyhat are more than 100ml
joeseptuk,

There are no changes at present. Keep a lookout on here and in the news for any relaxing of the liquids restrictions.

Darren
Going over to England next week with twin girls who are now 2 and got a couple of questions:

1) As they have their own seats, they have hand luggage allowance but will be in their pushchairs as the distance from check in to the gates at both airports (Belfast International & Stansted) is more than they'd happily walk. Will there be problems at security due to them being in pushchairs and having their own hand luggage. The bags for them are small backpacks which'll be on the handles of the pushchairs. Once pushchairs have been handed in at the gate, I'll carry both the girl's bags in one hand.

2) Are they still young enough that their beakers with juice in will be allowed? Hubby & I will taste it, it's likely that H's cup will be empty, but S's might not be. If it comes to it, one of us will drink what's in the cups. I assume that if the girls are now old enough that we're not allowed to have anything in the cups, that the cups themselves will be allowed through.
cate_taylor,

Pushchairs aren't a problem, but they'll still have to go through security screening (x-rays machines) along with their hand luggage. The juice is as previous although if it's just fruit juice and it's being applied strictly on the day, you may be asked to dispose of it and just take empty beakers through and purchase it airside.

Darren
I know the pushchairs can go through security, what I'm actually trying to find out is if the girls are still allowed their own hand luggage with being in the pushchairs?
cate_taylor,

Of course they are, yes. As long as they are allocated ahand luggage allowance by the airline you're travelling with, there's no problem. Push chairs are treated seperately and don't count as hand luggage (with the majority of airlines). Security don't monitor luggage regulations other than the airport limit on number of bags and prohibited items, that's what the check-in and gate staff do.

Darren
Girls have hand luggage allowance with Easyjet so that's not a problem. I was wondering if security would get awkward about children in pushchairs having hand luggage.

Next thing does the tablet PC have to be removed from my hand luggage to be screened seperately?
cate_taylor,

There's no reason for security to get awkward about children with luggage, pushchair or otherwise. As long as it all goes through screening and you're prepared for it, there's no problem. The tablet pc will need to be removed from the bag and screened seperately so have it easily accessible. There haven't been any changes to security screening since you last travelled.

Darren
Thanks Darren, will pack tablet where it'll be easily accessible. Am leaving my DS at home as there's games on the tablet and I've got some new books on my Kindle. Hopefully the liquid restrictions will have been relaxed before the summer which is when our next trip over is being planned.
Can I bring my Tweezers & nail clippers? They're unlikely to be perceived as a threat?!
toastedmallow,

Those items are fine. A full list of prohibited and restricted items is here. If you don't need them before or during the flight though, you're be better with them in hold luggage to minimise the chances of you being held up at security having baggage searched.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.