General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
No, never won a holiday unfortunately. I'm always entering online competitions so there's still hope for me yet. :)
When we had a pub OH won a holiday for 2 to Jerez thanks to a Sherry company. I got all excited planning the new wardrobe etc to be told that I could not go as our Area Manager was the second name on the ticket and I would have to stay home and work. :(

Last year I won a week-end at Ragdale Hall health farm in Leicestershire so I got my own back as my friend and I enjoyed the break - worth about £900 as we had all the treatments and the best room. I won it online through SnackaJacks.
One of the reasons I don't tend to bother is because I can't holiday in peak season due to my job, so chances are I won't be able to take them if I did win.
no...unfortunately i´ve got to pay for all of my holidays :-( but never give up...maybe some day i´ll win a holiday too ;-
Never won a holiday unfortunately but I have won a few other things in the past. Now I mainly do the on-line comps in hotukdeals. I have a hot-mail address which I only use for them, so 'spam' goes in there and can be easily deleted and if they insist on a phone number I use my spare mobile one and have never had 'cold calls' from anyone through this
Many years ago I came 2nd in a spot the ball competition in our local paper for a trip to Jersey for 1 week by train and ferry.
We had to pay for the hotel which was the Merton in St Helier (£62)
Unfortunately the journey there was in a force 8 gale and a force 9 on the way back. :yikes
We had a great holiday and although we have returned to Jersey a few times since it has always been by air. :rofl
When my daughter was married in the Seychelles we met 2 couples who had won their holiday.
One with Wish you were here, the TV programme and the others with Best magazine. :tup
Both couples got to choose where they wanted to go and chose the Seychelles.
I could think of better places to spend a holiday. :rofl :rofl
I have never won a holiday but my son and his girl friend (now his wife) won their wedding and honeymoon in a bridal magazine. They flew to Fort Lauderdale (1st Class) and then had a 14 night cruise on the Caribbean Princess, where they were married onboard. The whole thing was worth £40,000 and the only thing they had to provide were their wedding rings!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.