General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Nope, but then again i never enter anything so it will never be me
Same as Llindy really never entered competitiions for any holidays, have you then Mari?
I have done them occasionally but i have never been lucky enough to win anything :cry
I must be the lucky one here. I have won 2 holidays a few years ago, one to Tenerife and one to Kos. They were both self catering and excellent. The first one was a Thomson holiday and the second one with Thomas Cook.
Well done you Digby - maybe I should look in magazines and then e-mail my coupon to you :cheers
Digby how did you win them? Was it mags or tv?? Think i may give my mags another go cos i was just never sure if they were for real or not :think
no I haven't but my partner did before he met me unfortunately : - ( I used to do Take a break with my mum when i was a kid but never won anything.
i have won a free weekend which i thoroughly enjoyed, through a national newspaper.

apparently i have also won a couple of cruises in florida, a coach trip to europe and a few self catering holidays in tenerife but for some reason :think i have never actually taken these up
I won a trip to Disneyland Paris a few years ago just for entering my name in a free prize draw in Woolworths. The prize was for 100 families and they opened the park exclusively for the prize winners at night and put on special entertainment and a banquet. We stayed at the Newport Bay hotel which was really nice.

I also won a weekend theatre break in Glasgow, again in a free prize draw.

luci :wave
Hi Miss Pink. I would love to win another holiday so, much as I would like to help my luck has definately run out so no point sending me your coupon :D Hi, alsbaby. Well, my tenerife holiday I won online. I just happened to be browsing online when I saw Thomsons in conjunction with Dairylea cheese offering a holiday. All I had to do was enter the code off a tube of Dairylea. I always have some in, so just entered my code and next day I got an email to say I had won. They told me the accomodation we had to go to for 1 wk, so I asked if we could have 14 days if we paid extra and that was it! The next holiday was when Thomas Cook and Direct holidays were getting together and in the daily paper I spotted that they were giving away 10 holidays a day for a week!! That was so tempting so I just entered my name and by return was told I could choose any holiday in their brochure to the value of £1000. Brilliant. We had never been to Kos so we chose a holiday there. Pity I wouldn't win one now as I am retired and money is not what it used to be!
I won a weeks holiday to Greece for me and Mrs Kiltie a few years ago through the Coop :tup

Oh I also won a car a few years ago as well via Road Safety Scotland and just a couple of months ago I won a complete Sony Home Cinema System from LOVEFILM.

:think Maybe I should enter the lottery :rofl
I won a holiday to Israel,it was through a brewery,we had just opened a new bar at Norwich Airport and I was the manageress,the brewery set a sales target and we exceeded it so I won a week in Israel for my then husband and myself.We were with lots of licensees from all over Norfolk and boy could they drink,we went out on a boat trip one day and they drank the boat dry.Haven't won anything else ,worst luck.
I won a 5 day break to Bruges years ago. It was a charity raffle ticket first prize. I used to sell these at work and everyone used to whinge every time I brought them out (quarterly I think it was), so the last time I was sent some I bought them all myself - £15 worth I think. And I won! Should've seen their faces at work, ha ha!
nope, never, I was going to say never entered than I realised that I have done :rofl
I wish I never win anything..unlucky family..
Years ago I won a family holiday for my daughter and her family in France.That was 2nd. prize. Thank goodness I didn't win 1st. prize------------it was a ride-on mower. I only have a small concrete back yard!That same year I won a gas bbq, a microwave and £50. Seem to have got out of the habit of doing comps. now.
You have done well Kiltman! :tup
Started doing competitions a few months ago, it is very addictive! Won a weekend break to Germany just before Christmas. As they say, you have to be in it to win it. ;)
I did start doing all those online competitions a while back . You can find links to them on websites such as moneysavingexpert and hotukdeals and they even give you the answers :tup .

I went mad entering hundreds of them for a few weeks . All travel ones as I wasnt interested in winning such things as an xbox or years supply of baked beans.

Never won a sausage so I got bored and gave up. :sulk
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.