Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Two weeks at the Thalassaki Beach in Ayia Napa from 2nd September, just booked!
Just booked to go to Chrystallo apartments Paphos 17th June for a week,cost £418 for 2.
First time to Cyprus and a bit apprehensive.
Just booked 12th July for 1 week Sandra Apts in Protaras - first time in Cyprus - dead excited!!

just need to work out how many sleeps left and slim into those summer clothes!!! :D
I stayed at Sandra Apts in Protaras about 5 years ago and head a great time there.

The worse aspect was the weather, it rained for most of the week. However, we still had a great time.
thanks David

it's good hear as there are so many mixed reports! worried about the costs of eats and drinks too!
The pound is getting stonger against the Euro so thats a good start!, I think everywhere in the Euro is struggling a bit at the minute, but you can eat as cheaply or as expensively as you want.Word of warning though if your in an apartment supermarket food is expensive especially if you want all your normal UK stuff, like anchor butter, heinz beens that sort of thing.
thanks for that we usually just get the local brand basics in for the fridge; bread, marg, water and milk and then snack at lunchtime around the pool and 1 course meal at night.
with having a 4 year old don't get to stay out too late but do like a drink or 2!!
:cheers
fingers crossed for the exchange rate improving!
We're going to Sandra apartments August 23rd anyone stayed there recently and what is food like. What's the prices in Protaras like? Thanks
we have just booked for the rising star for august 19th. stayed there last year and very happy to return! :cheers :cheers
hi deborah5, we stayed at sandra two years ago and found them fine. very well placed for fig tree bay. we had lunch there a few times and i particularly liked the salads. we nipped in there last year and found prices had soared somewhat. for a cheaper option cheers bar over the road do really good food for more realistic prices if its pub type grub you want. :cheers
Davetraceyuk

Thanks,
Are there ant traditiona tavernas, Greek dancing etc

Deborah
hi deborah, yes there are those too. i'm pretty sure the very highly rated nicolas tavern 2 minutes walk from the sandra does the greek dancing and gets everyone involved. there is lots of reference to there on this forum so have a dig about. i have never eaten there im afraid but believe food is wonderful ;) maybe other forum members can advise better than me on this :cheers
davetraceyuk

we're staying at the sandra in july but before we booked were considering loads of diff places and i've read so many different views on things forget what've read about what.

can you remember if they had towels in the bathrooms and if so how often they got changed, or should I take our own

thanks
Hi Flooz, Yes they do have towels and these are changed about 6 days a week if i remember rightly.The only towels you need are beach towels really. The pool area is pleasant , they have a main pool a kids splash pool on a another level and then more terraces back from there. We would have probably gone back but thomson currently want £2850 for a family of four in apartments which are perfectly adequate but there isnt much in daytime entertainment for the kids. Hence we are going to the rising star with lots going on for about £2100. You won't be diappointed with the sandra though, they have a great location ;) :cheers
Hi Deborah, Nicholas Taverna is really lovely and very nice food, but not entertainment as such, if you want to see Greek dancing, plate smashing etc try Romeos, just actoss the road from Nicholas Taverna, food isn't as good but they do have entertainment, but not every day.
:cheers
thanks for your reply we've only paid 824.00 for the 3 of us in a one bed apt in mid july so am really not expecting much but am always hopefully for a pleasant suprise!! ;)

really getting excited now just 5 weeks to go :hols
hi keels, yes, meant to edit post as i realised the greek dancing bit is over the road at romeos not the nicolas tavern. They did have plate smashing at the nicolas but have now sacked the waiter :D
Were off to the Aloe hotel in 3 weeks tomorrow, cant wait :sun2 :sun2 :sun2
Off to the Capo Bay tomorrow....... :hols Can't wait although not ever packed yet!!!....
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.