Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I just thought i'd post a comment on my booking confirmation call, for my holiday gems holiday, from a ****. Wanted to say how very pleasant the agent was, patiently clarifing things I may have misheard. and giving clear accurate information. A most efficient service, most professional.

Thank you for the good service, I just hope my holiday lives up to it.!
I just thought i'd post a comment on my booking confirmation call, for my holiday gems holiday, from a ****. Wanted to say how very pleasant the agent was, patiently clarifing things I may have misheard. and giving clear accurate information. A most efficient service, most professional.
Thank you for the good service, I just hope my holiday lives up to it.!

:think
  • Edited by Glynis HT Admin 2010-11-23 02:23:53
    Edit to remove potentially libelous comment. Please pm me for details.
*Admin edit post removed*
  • Edited by Glynis HT Admin 2010-10-27 09:35:38
    Post removed as it relates to the post above's removed comment
I've had to delete the above comments as HG are monitoring the posts and contacting us regarding some of the postings and asking that they be removed.

We have offered on numerous occassions for them to join the forums in order to assist with any queries, unfortunately so far, this offer hasn't been taken up.

We'd therefore ask that members just stick to facts regarding their problems when posting.

Many thanks.
FACT - I find the new member greenspice's post ever so slightly suspicious

FACT - it contains a slightly unnatural wording which wouldn't be used in every day conversation and which mimics similar complimentary one off posts by new members marie08 on September 2nd and linaanritz on September 10th

FACT - I believe the above is not a coincedence and I believe someone has orchestrated it.

if the people at holiday gems wish to challenge what I believe then the Administrators of Holiday Truths have my permision to pass on my contact details.
what rubbish, can't i be pleased with the service I receive, you guys are too cynical
Steve, you're absolutely spot on mate.

Greenspice, if you're not a HG employee then I can only assume you are in some way affiliated with them in some way? (you're welcome to challenge my view).

Bottom line is, Google Holiday Gems and I'm sure you will find many more complaints on forums other than this one with many more being negative than positive, you'll also find that the negative ones all have similar issues with the company and have a more complete story/experience about them rather than these "oooh Agent 35 was soooo nice!!!", just dosen't fit in my experience.

I can't beleive the admins on this site have to remove peoples honest views on a company that are not trading up to british standards yet they allow these anonymous robot like posts to go unchallenged, whatever happend to freedom of speech?

MT
I can't beleive the admins on this site have to remove peoples honest views on a company

The problem is that the site is held equally responsible for any comments posted. Personally, I have no objection if the the moderators decide that it is in the best interests of HT to err on the cautious side and remove one of my posts. HT as an independent site is far to valuable.

If there are people who consider that posting spurious comments as a means of trying to change members views are effective, then perhaps they might consider they cause more harm to themselves - the majority of people can see what they are trying to do and are not taken in.

fwh
We are not removing people's honest views - we are only removing potentionally libels comments which we do in all of the forums/topics, not just those connected to HG.

http://www.urban75.org/info/libel.html
So where are you going greenspice? Will you be writing a review here? When we see one/two post wonders, are you surprised that we're cynical?
greenspice, I am cynical, never denied it.

If you are genuine you should take time to trawl through this site and see some of things that go on in the travel trade. We've got all sorts of dodgy operations which disappear and leave people out of pocket. Trails of mailbox addresses and multiple websites to confuse people, some completely fake. My current main "project" is one that claimed to be in the City Of London (or Regents St. or Marylebone depending which site you were on) but actually seems to be operating from a housing estate in Riga (Latvia).

So, when something seems too good to be true, some of us oldtimers stop and think "where's the catch?".

And for the record, Holiday Gems really do seem to operating from where it says on their website so that at least puts them one up on some others!
Steve,

You are correct in their trading address on companies house does relate to a "real" address, from conversations on the phone with them they do seem to have people "working from home". I don't think its impossible they have that as a registered address but have their "people" work from where ever.

Cheers,

MT
I don't rely on things as weak as the Companies House register, I'm more thorough than them.............!
Hi just joined this site and would like to comment on my recent holiday experience with Holiday Gems as I have read some negative accounts of holidays...

Our Family Holiday was booked in Lanzarote with them and was over £2000.00 cheaper than I could find on the web so I expected a few problems. But this certainly was not the case!!!

We stayed in Playa blanca at Hotel; Princess Yazi. The resort & hotel was excellent. In fact much better than actually said on there site!!!

Tickets, flights, transportation & hotel were 5 star.

Great holiday and service. Will be definetly booking again next year.

Thanks

STW
Found the whole process when booking very easy. No trouble getting through and the agent I dealt with was very helpful **. Was provided with a reasonable selection of apartments given that I need 2 bedrooms and want to be in a particular area of Gran Canaria (Maspalomas) but close to Fara 2 Shopping Centre. Have yet to take the holiday, but we'll see. The price is the best quoted - £540 for 11 nights accommodation for 3 adults and one child.
  • Edited by Glynis HT Admin 2010-11-23 02:22:32
    Edit to remove personal name and number identification
And did the agent point you to this board and asked you to mention her? This seems to be the one of only two holiday companies in Britain where people join HT to leave compliments like this. In all the others any compliments generally come from existing members who joined for, and posted, on other matters first and continue to post on other subjects afterwards. Very odd.
I wonder if the mods on this site were to trace the source IP address's of these "positive" posts they would lead back to the same domain?

They are quick enough to remove any "negative" (honest "ahem"!!) posts regarding this company how about doing some detective work?

MT

MT, thanks for your concern regarding the way forums are moderated, however ALL IP addresses are always checked and a great deal of 'detective work' is done behind the scenes to ensure that posts are honest, accurate and non libelous.

During our detective work it is very interesting what you can find out about people and their posts on other forums!!

Kiltman HT Moderator
There will always be satisfied customers. But then some people are very easily satisfied. Anyone visiting here for the first time is highly unlikely to be taken in with all these one post wonders, indeed this little campaign to try to convince us that this firm are paragons of virtue is quite amusing really.

Like many others I enjoy good fiction, and that is what these posts are. Just waiting for the car chase, the stunning blond and the exotic locations. Tell me is there a computer game to go with it?

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.