Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
The only information I can find on it is on the First Choice website HERE although I'm intrigued how they have 21 photos of it if it doesn't open till next year. :hmmm It also says there is a video tour of the HV Algarve, but it shows the Alta Colina apartments.

luci :wave
Hi,

The "new" holiday village is actually already a first choice property that is being revamped and redecorated and reopened as a HV!

I think it is called the Balahia at the moment??

Perhaps someone else can confirm?

Kelly x
Hi again!!

I have done some research and:

The New Algarve HV is currently the Club Alto da Colina in Balahia. It is being revamped and redecorated and extra facilities put in before opening next year as the "new" HV!!

Hence, the pics of Club Alto Colina!

We have been to the HV in spain and absolutely loved it, as did our children.

Kelly
Hi, Thanks for your reply. Jodie
You're welcome. :wink:

luci :wave
Have a look on previous threads for Alto da Colina at Balaia, they have been been doing lots of building work throughout 2006/2007 around this complex and maybe thats the reason why. It's situated about 1.5/2km from Praia da Oura/ Albufeira New Town, nice and peacefull but not far from all the nightllife.We have an Algarvian villa which is situated not too far from the Alto da Colina. Cheers Jayjan
We stayed at the Balaia Plaza this summer and I think the Alto da Colina is directly behind this hotel. We visited the Alto da Colina one evening to say hello to a ex work colleague of mine who is now a First Choice Rep there and I was very impressed with the hotel and wished that we had booked there! There are two new hotels being built beside and in front of the Balaia Plaza and I was told that one of these was connected to the Alto da Colina and when opened would be AI. I loved the area even though it was a good 15 minute walk into the shops/restaurants. The little beach across the road was gorgeous and when the new hotels/HV are completed I will be very tempted to go back to one of those.
We booked ages ago (May i think) to go to Club Alto Colina on an AI basis for May 2008 as we had been there self catering in 2006 and loved the place.

We have just had a letter from First Choice confirming the change of name to Holiday Village Algarve and that there will be a new Italian A La Carte Restaurant and a new Portugese A La Carte restaurant as well as a buffet restaurant. Pizzas' etc that were/are sold in the snack bar/entertainment room are also part of the AI up until 6pm.
Can also confirm Holiday Village is the new name for the Club Alta da Colina. We stayed there two years ago (its first year of opening). Fantastic complex. Apartments lovely, spacious and spotlessly clean. Lots going on then for the kids, so would imagine, even more so now. Would thoroughly recommend these apartments, one of the best we have stayed at, and we've stayed at some good 'uns!

Elaine :fly
I've emailed the accommodation to verify the name change as their website is still showing the original name. As soon as confirmation is received I'll change the details on our review site.

Thanks Folks
Email been returned as not found so I'll have to assume that the website is now out of date?
Is this the e-mail you used : colina@mail.telepac.pt ?

The Hotel Manager is actually a poster on this forum, a guy called Goncala who uses the username gogas.
Ah no it wasn't it was the one shown on their website which I got from our hotel reviews.

Have sent another email to the alternative addie.

stayed there this yaer best holiday i have ever had, accomadation 5 star,greatalround family holiday with the main emphasis on alround family fun. have a great stay
:D Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows what they are adding to this hotel to make it a holiday villiage? Thankyou.
We stayed at the holiday village last september which back then was called alto da colina we absolutely loved it and have booked to go back there 4 th sept this year i assure you you will not be disappointed . if you have any questions feel free to ask
Hi, Ive booked to go there with my two daughters who will be 9 and 7 when we go, just hoping that ive made the right choice as I havnt heard or seen much about this place before! :think I have booked for the 25th of sep for two weeks, im a bit worried though about the weather as i havnt been to the algarve before and dont know what it will be like that time of the year? Jodie.
Hi everyone. I've booked to go to this Holiday Village on 6 Sep 08 with my husband and 2 kids on AI basis, we are staying in a family room with a kids den. Read all the reviews about Alto Da Colina and really nothing bad reported. Would appreciate any info/tips

We usually go to Turkey each year and have never been to Portugal so hope to be pleasantly surprised.
Thanks
I'm also going to this hotel at the end of May with my 13 and 11 year olds and we are really looking forward to it.

However, this morning I received a letter from First Choice saying what a great choice of holiday I have made, blah, blah - then, tucked away at the bottom of the third paragraph (I almost didn't spot it) is the sentence 'we can no longer provide you with a full sea view however, we are pleased to confirm you will receive a partial sea view'.

Whilst this may not be a big deal to most people, I admit I am slightly annoyed and wonder whether it's worth making a fuss over (something I never normally do) or am I wasting my breath?

Any advice gratefully received!

Rose
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.