Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
hi also could you tell me how long youre transfer from the airport was thanx :D
Yippee :pele
Got our tickets today
Cant wait for the 13th June :glynis
Myself, Hubby and 2 children under 5 years old have just spent 2 wonderful weeks in The Jupiter Hotel in Alcudia. If any of you have any questions that you would like to ask me about the place, including Marte and Saturno then I will try and give you as much information as I can.

I read the reviews after booking and was really dubious about going but glad that we did. Don't get me wrong, it had it's good points and bad points but none nearly half as bad as mentioned in some reviews!

One thing that I will mention now as there is bound to be loads of people wanting to know is about the transfer time. The new road is just about complete and when we returned to the airport on Tuesday it took around 50 minutes from Alcudia to Palma. WOW! So I really would not bother forking out a fortune for a taxi.

So ask away Guys

Claire
hi claire,

just wondering about pubs nearby..i was there (jupiter) 3 years ago, and there was..'barney rubbles' 'britannia' and irish 'harp bar'(not worried about that one!)..are they still there and advertising quizzes/soaps etc at night.????

cheers buddy

trev.(shoestring)
Hi, the Brittania and Harp bar are still there with all your soaps and football, quizzes and kareoke etc. Not sure about Barney Rubbles, I'll check with my husband and get back to you. I think there was one called Hollywoods where you could get pizza too which was open til 3am. Hope this helps.
hi
hi claire
what were the bad things about the hotel and what would u say are the best
when do they stop serving alchohol is it midnight
hiya im going to the marte on the 3rd of june went there 9 yrs ago hope its changed just wondering what time the beer stops and if there are hair dryers in the rooms thx
Hi, yes they stop serving alcohol at midnight now. There were no hairdryers in the Jupiter rooms so I can only presume that there are none in the Marte also.

Bad points about the hotel are, as you may already of heard, the lifts. Although there are 3 new ones, 3 old ones and a huge Panoramic Express one. The new ones were mostly out of order for our 2 week stay. The old ones have a mind of their own and sometimes take you all the way to the top (when you want ground floor) then stop at every floor on the way down. It was bearable for us, but then we were not there at high season. A little tip for you all is to use the maids lift after they have finished cleaning for the day, it's to the right as you go in towards the luggage room near the new Jupiter lifts. We used it all the time, it comes straight away and you don't need to mess about with putting your card in!

Another bad point are the noisy corridors, the noise echos like mad down them. The room doors are practically impossible to shut quietly, but there really is no need to slam them like some people did.

The mozzies. Because of the lake there are loads of mozzies at night. Get yourself a really good aftersun with insect repellent (Boots Soltan worked well for us) Our first 2 days were quite cloudy so we didn't use any aftersun at night, boy did we regret it. They especially like to feast on your ankles so slap plenty on. The mozzies were out in force at the Childrens Village in the evening (as it is near the lake) Once we realised we stayed away from there at night. The main entertainment is over the other side of the lake though so you will need protecting from the little blighters!

The food was not really bad, but it was the worst All Inclusive food that we have ever had and we go All Inclusive every holiday. There was a lot of choice but mostly quite bland and boring. The childrens food was very poor. My little boy had pasty and alphabites nearly every night which was quite worrying, he's real faddy though but even his faves like spag bol and pizza were reaaly bland and tasteless. BUT the was always are really good selection of vegetable, I'm not a veggie but love vegetables so I had a healthy holiday. The desserts were OK but watch out for the swiss roll EVERY night, in fact most of the desserts consisted of sponge cake in various disguises.

So, I think thats all of the bad points I'll bore you no more til I get another question (or think of more bad points)

Claire
what were the mozzies like during the day? what was the hotels good points should i consider chainging my hotel to another one if the foods bad we are going on the 4th july
Hi, didn't get bitten during the day, I presume mozzies only come out later in the day but someone else on here may know different.

The food was not bad at all, all I said was that it had been the worst of all of the All Inclusives that I had been to. It was totally edible, fresh, lots of variety (for adults) There was 3 different areas where you help yourself PLUS a grill area in the middle where chefs are constantly cooking stuff on a huge griddle (ie, fried eggs in the morning, chicken breasts, pork chops, kebabs, sausages) A pizza oven but the pizzas were really tasteless :yuck . Then there was 2 dessert stands (one at either end of the restaurant). It sounds great, doesn't it? It's just that some nights there was not anything that we really fancied and we've never had this before at any other hotel, usually there are so many dishes that we want to try that we end up going back for another helping :oops: (at least I didn't put much weight on at the Jupiter!)

I'll have to list the good points of the hotel tomorrow night because there are soooooo many and I really need an early night :shock:

Speak to y'all tomorrow

Claire
By the way xxnastyxx it sounds like you didn't have a good holiday at the Marte 9 years ago. Why are you going back there if you're hoping that it's better? What if it's the same? :?
lol going back cos it was a last min deal n it wasnt that bad 9 yr ago just hoping the food got a bit better
hi
claire
what are the good points about the hotel
Hi, here I am again to tell you some of the good points about Club Mac. Please bear in mind though that I went at low/med season and things may be different at high season.

The staff at the hotel are ALWAYS cleaning something and clearing up after the more scruffy Brits. I read in a review that the pools were never cleaned, well they are. All the work is done in the night as I saw them on a few occasions.

If you have kids then this hotel is fantastic, my kids went in the First Choice kids club and loved it (especially Crazy Carleen) but aswell as the tour operators clubs there is also the Club Mac entertainment team who work their socks off all day and night! At the childrens village, which is past the lake, there is a really good playground/park set in a huge sand pit. There is a shallow pool there and also a sheltered area where the kids activities are held. So you can get comfy and the kids have loads to do and leave you in peace (depending on their age of course)

There are loads of pools to choose from, you could laze by a different one every day if you so wished. The new Leisure River is great, it goes from the Marte pool right over to the far side near the splash park and it always seemed warmer than the other pools.

The queues at the bar where never too bad, the amounts of spirits were very generous (especially if you got the new barmaid who speaks very little English!) My husband assures me that the beer (San Miguel) was NOT watered down and you help yourself to fizzy drinks and water so this also helps to keep the queues down.

At half past 4 every day they put out a huge basket of biscuits which are so scrummy (not so hot on the aniseed flavoured ones though!)

In the evening there are loads of different entertainments going on. After the mini disco there is usually a movie on the outdoor cinema. The Marte and Saturno seemed to have more chilled out entertainment for a relaxing evening. The circus tent across the lake was where the bingo at 9pm then the main entertainment was held. You will struggle to get a table if you turn up later than 8pm but there are American style bleachers to sit on, we had no trouble getting a seat but would this be the case in August? The Mac teams Grease production was good with Giorgio as Danny.

The room itself was better than I was expecting after reading the reviews before going. The tiles in the bathroom were a bit wild but it was clean and the balcony was OK for us. It had 2 chairs, a small table and a small washing line thingy.

If you are going with First Choice we found the reps to be very helpful, going out of their way to get us information etc, one even brought her Nokia charger in for my Hubby to borrow. Check out Dan though, he only looks about 16 bless him!

What other areas do you want me to talk about? I'll have to have a think now about what else I can tell you.

Toodle-oo for now

Claire
hi
hi claire
would you go again to the jupiter what things do they charge you for and what things do you get free like the tennis pistol shooting etcand things for kids
sorry forgot to ask you claire what was your best bit about your hoilday and what airport did you fly from i am going with first choice and i am flying from glasgow on the 4th july we have 2 kids aged 2 and 8 and my neice who is 13 will they enjoy it
one more thing i forgot what was the air con like was it any good and did you have any mozzies in your room
there are a few new reviews on this site about the jupiter dont know if i want to go now
take a look under the hotel reviews
hiya claire,
I've been to the marte a few years ago, and is going again in July, just wondering what the new leisure river is like
Cheers Trev
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.