Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
:que You will never get asked to look at anyones shop that is alledgedly 'cheaper than Asda' that doesn't sell anything that anybody actually wants.
Newtons have started to trust its customers :rofl :rofl :rofl

GM06
Ian
;) You won't find ANY cows coming into restaurants in Goa...nor cats or rats.

Power cuts - NEVER! Hot water? CONSTANT! :rofl
Riding a scooter with your wife and 4 children is now a thing of the past

The use of the horn is now illegal

No one ever over/undertakes you

All road signs are obeyed

Beggars are giving holidaymakers handouts

GM06
Ian
Riding a scooter with your wife and 4 children is now a thing of the past
neither will you see live chickesn/pigs as 'passengers' - nor ladders or sheets of glass.

Buses are 'state of the art' and no longer made out of bits of the one original bus introduced to Goa many, many moons ago.

Radley bags are ALL genuine - even if the 'dog' resembles a sheep.
Boy am I going to miss the old Goa :rofl :rofl :rofl
This is a really funny thread more please:rofl
Vijay Malia has forbidden the painting of
signs/sunbeds,shacks/umbrellas and anything else with a flat surface advertising his beer.

GM06
Ian
taxi drivers have now got more change than they know what to do with
Nobody gives sweets given as change any more. :really
Nobody pushes in any more and everyone queues up nicely.

John
I have it from a reliable source that Taxis drivers are refusing to overtake on blind bends when there is a lorry or a bus hurtling towards you , well thats going to be a really boring trip :(
I remember one trip in an Airport Taxi :yikes
Marian remarked " last time I had a ride like that I was wearing a wristband" :omg :omg
You no longer need to shake hands with the your room boy, the cleaner, security guard, hotel receptionist, restaurant manager, hotel manger or waiters before you get to breakfast :que
Boiled eggs are now available for breakfast at no extra charge.

GM06
Ian
even though the price has increased for eggs :rofl
chilly
... the River Princess has been declared a national monument in an area of outstanding natural beauty

GM06
Ian
Sorry to contradict you Ian, and you know me, i'm not one to gossip, but a reliable source has informed me that Mr. Micky Bunga Bakskeesh Pancheco (minister for tourism) has sent an envoy to the North Western Frontier and is now in fact involved in dialogue with the Friends of the Earth branch of Al Qaeda for a swift and eco-friendly removal of the aforesaid vessel. He sincerely hopes that any loud bangs will not unduly stress or upset anyone during afternoon siesta or massage on that part of the beach.
The police are no longer accepting gratuities from the public :yikes

GM06
Ian
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.