Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Kos Aqua Beach Club
1856 Posts
it sounds good, i would think the hotel will have to be on the beach front, as thats how the photo in the brochure is.
Would that make the waterslides over the road then???????
When i booked this in May, FC did say that the slides would be built first, as they are the main selling point of the hotel.
it must be a split complex then (hotel opposite side of the road). if i remember rightly, the beach is quite a distance away. anyway im sure theyll have a bus or something to help us with the babies / prams/ toddlers who wont walk, blisters on my feet etc.......i'm almost sure that it will be ready by may, the waterpark was looking almost complete, and there's alot of development around there so i would think that the hotel / apartments are the ones opposite (shells in june) but hey the greeks will go hammer and tongue in the winter to make sure its ready im sure
I am getting confused now, you must be looking at wrong hotel as this one is beachfront I am sure thats the reason I bookedit? surely it wouldnt be split across a road?!! :cry:
Just checked the brochure and the Kos Aqua beach club is most Definately beachfront so the water park you have seen can't be the one that belongs to the hotel, my friend has also just come back from Kos and saw this water park, she said it was almost finished also its in the wrong place I think unless I am totally wrong??
Oh well I will find out in 10 months time.
Sam xx
i have just returned from the pegasos palace holiday village in turkey and even after all the bad press we had a fantastic time, the pools/gardens/rooms are absolutely stunning...rumour has it this was built from october 04 and opened june 05........with teething problems, some things not ready etc......but the place is now outstanding.....so if your thinking of changing your accommadation i can reccommend the palace...........hopefully kos will open on time, but i think earlier visitor should expect some teething problems...good luck :?
If you look at the photo in the brochure on the right hand page you can see that the waterpark is behind the hotel. I would hope that when the property is actually built that it pretty much resembles the pictures in the brochure. One of the main reasons I booked was because it is beachfront, NOT that we would have to cross any roads to access any part of the complex. Oh I wish they would get a move on I hate all this unknown speculation! Surely they have to provide what they have advertised, don't they?
bob
Maybe Bob, but hopefully the beach and the hotel arent seperated by a road because they could be as it doesnt say they are not, but I really hope not because the kids won't be able to just go on there own if they have to cross a road. (god i am a rambler) does that make sense?
I will ring first choice next week and find out to put all our minds at rest.
:cry:
Samij, I totally agree, the whole idea is that the kids can wander safely between beach and hotel, but this won't be possible if there is a road, you would never be able to relax.
Hello, Im Michelle from Basildon and I am booked to go to the Aqua Beach Club with my family and also my friend and her family on 14th June next year, after reading through some of the posts on here im more than worried now, especially with regards to building work not starting under the winter season, I have a friend who went this June to the Pegasus Palace in Turkey which was not finished (she went the week it opened) and is currently in a big dispute with first choice over this. Her family lived on egg and chips for nearly the whole 2 weeks until 3 english chefs were finally flown out, I could go on and on about turkey but my conerns are definalty that this complex wont be ready on time, We went on an awful holiday this year with first choice to their Holiday Village in Lanzarote, I had read on this website that the main pool was shut so before I flew out (27th June) I contacted first choice who informed me that the pool would be opening the day before I went and that there were no delays or extensions on that day (the reason why they hadnt written to me was that it didnt affect me) anyway we got there to the pool still closed and all the surrounding areas fenced off (where the all inclusive pool bar drinks and snacks also were), no one would give any answer as to when it was gonna reopen (Still dont no why a huge pool like that was drained going into high season) anyway the pool didnt reopen until 29th, and although this dont seem like too much of a problem it just highlights the fact that first choice do not open things on time. I am currently in the middle of a big complaint with first choice over lots of things with regards to the holiday village one being Id prebooked a baby pack (holiday booked 13 months before whilst pregnant) we arrived late at night to find no cot, pram, sterlizer etc, also the self catering guests staying were given yellow wristbands for their kids to have free drinks, snacks, ice creams etc, something that id paid all inclusive for, for my kids, apparently it says about this in the brochure, well not the one I booked from (summer sun) and also the families I spoke to on holiday were not aware about this and were confused as to why their kids had them. We also all had gastroentirits (sp) on holiday with my partner needing the emergency doctor twice for injections to stop him from being sick and to enable us to fly home, First choice say that we were to only family to be ill but if we want to take this further and think the hotelier are to blame then we need to contact their legal department. Im still in 2 minds as to wether to cancel Kos, and if wasnt for the fact we are going with another family I think I may have cancelled by now.
hiya jellie well i fly out the same day as you 14th June so perhaps i will meet up with you whilst hunting for the first choice reps hehehehe, yesterday i was talking to a friend online who is a travel agent for an offspring of first choice, i explained my concerns to her and the next day she made contact with first choice who told her just what we have been told that the hotel is scheduled to be completed early May and everything is working to plan....soooo if they are telling their own travel agents this perhaps we should just hope for the best.
Well, i have just paid the rest of my £421 deposit :shock:
I am just keeping an open mind.........will see nearer the time how the building work is going.........dont expect FC to tell me the truth about it anyway............I will also email the hotel nearer the time to make sure my request are noted..........fingers crossed
I really do hope that for once first choice prove us all wrong and open on time with everything as stated in the brochure. We dont have to pay the balance of our deposit (we booked in April on the £99 low cost family deposit) until 1st january think its because we booked over the phone instead of using a travel agent.
I'm trying to be confident about everything. We go on 15th May (ish!) and have decided that we will not cancel but that if not as we have been promised by FC then we will complain!
I know from last year that the hotel we went to had terrible write-ups but we found it not so bad (if you ignored the behavious of certain people!).
We booked this one because of the beachfront, the waterslides, and the fact it was a Family plus so kids clubs and adults join in too.
We booked over the net and the price has risen quite a bit since we booked. My main concern is that we booked 2 inter-connecting rooms and we have been assured that we will get them: but in the past this did not happen. Just a shame so few places have family rooms for 5.
Keping an eye on it all...
hi, thought this site maybe of interest..also discussing Corfu Aqua Beach Club new with FC http://way.to/greekallinclusive

have a look at the photos
thanks ive just had a look at that dont seem to encouraging really does it, does anyone know wether those booked for corfu have been told about the archilogical found? and have these people been refunded etc?
Deep breaths. Don't panic! 7.5 months to go till I go. Please be ready in time! :?
Aint worth the risk. I cancelled and got my deposit back.
Hi, the waterpark seen on the road to Marmari is probably the Hotel. The road into Kos town runs metres away from the sea for a couple of miles out of Tingaki, whereas the road to Marmari is set at least 500 metres back. I guess that the hotel is being built here.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.