Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
price
1856 Posts
hi
lots of different prices here then
i am going with my husband and two teenage kids , we had to pay for four adults, which with a king size bed and sea view, flying :roll: :roll: from bristol on july 12th for 14 nights came fo £3011, i notice its gone up quite a bit now.
just hope its all finished we booked this one because of the water park so i hope its all finished in time
anne from honiton
For several days i have been trying to contact first choice's building line, but no one ever answers, it just rings and rings, so i will call in at the travel agents soon and ask them to find out how things are going.
It seems ages till we go, who is the first to go........? any ideas?
im off 2nd august for 14 nights paid for 3 adults 1 child with eclipse direct upgraded to sea view room and booked late check out room as our flight back to manchester isn t till 3am,paid 3500 dearest weeks out of six week hols though, any one else paid as much as me?
:D hi all we fly on the 3rd may the day it opens two adults and two children we got a bargain price £1399 for 2 weeks including late check out and free child place we fly at 8pm so wont arrive till midnight getting really excited as just over 6 months away
we have been asured by first choice that the hotel will be up and running on time fingers crossed :gluck is anyone else going at this time
i will post back here when we get back hopefully with good news

linda
How lucky is that, you will be invaluable to us on your return, i do hope every thing is up and running on time........we dont go till july, it seems so far away.............
Hi my husband and I fly out on the 23 july from glasgow. Just to give other holiday makers some warning we have 5 kids 13,8,5,2 & 14 months. We are also taking my parents and our friends with there 3 kids. we also hope it,s ready on time. 8)
k&r
Hi K&R I know this isnt relevant to the aqua beach club but, I just wanted to know how you changed your name from Karen and rich to K&R?? I want to change mine because I didn't realise that samij (terrible name for 35yr old) would appear on every post.
Sam x
Hi my friend whom we are going with rang first choice to check on a few things one was if the building work had started, she was informed that we shouldnt panic everything was on schedule and it will all open according to plan! we were also offered a late check out room for £40 yet when we booked back in April we were told that there were none available and that we could ask the management when actually on holiday makes us think that maybe they have had a few cancellations now for a check out room to have become available, she also asked for a reduction in the holiday price due to downgrade of hotel star, and was told that they had decided to grade to a 3 as this is what other hotels in the area were, my answer to this was so if all the other hotels in the area had been a 1 or 2 star would the aqua beach club have been downgraded to this too! 4 star is plush in my eyes - 3 star is just average, we are lead to belive that this complex would be plush when we booked (ie 4 star)
FC are building these Auqa Beach Complex's in Kefalonia, when friends of our were in Kefalonia 1st September, building work had not started but thet were taking bookings, seem Corfu are having the same problem reading the forum a lot of people are changing there holidays so really do some checking up as you maybe very dissapointed wwhen you arrive and find you could be put elsewhere.
pojo
apparently in greece they are not allowed to build in summer months and all their building work is carried out over the winter season, thats how they got away with the pegasus palace fiasco, blamed it on the fact that turkey had very bad weather for 8 weeks which put them 8 weeks behind. My friend went to pegasus palace the week it opened and had a nightmare time with half the coach refusing even to get off, really think that maybe May is too early to open and FC would be better given themselves that extra month to make sure everything is up and running.
Hi All, I went to the PP in August and it was fantastic, but i do feel sorry for the popele who went the first two weeks it was open, if it was me going to the Kos HV i would not take the risk of going the first month it opended as fc have had alot of problems with all their HV being ready on time, i would ask FC if you can change your booking until later in the year if i was going when its due to open, also to anyone who is going next year in June or July i would like you to let us know about the following, food, rooms aquapark, wavepool, and drinks as im thinking about going thier in 2007, but need to book in June or July 2006, so any information would be great.
Hi bellingham, there are a few of us going in the summer of 2006 so i am sure you will be kept up to date.
We were talking to some people who went to holiday village the first few weeks it opened and they seemed to have a good time, i suppose it just depends on FC and the builders now as to wether the Aqua Beach clubs are ready.
Hi everyone,

We have booked to go to the Aqua Beach Club in August 2006. Is the hotel already up and running? I'm a little confused as to whether 2005 was its first year or 2006 will be!!

Had a disaster this year (2005) with a First Choice holiday to Zante in a Louis Hotel. They are usually really good, but this one was awful. Really don't want to repeat the same mistake again.

Any news on the Beach Club would be really appreciated.
No, as far as we can determine, none of the 3 proposed Aqua Beach Club resorts in Greece have been built as yet, in fact as far as I can tell no real work has started on any of them.

I have had information suggesting that the Corfu development is the subject of a legal challenge at the moment, which will probably delay construction further, if it doesn't stop it completely.

In Kefolnia I have heard ( from postings on this forum ) that there is a problem in getting permission to build an access road.

As for Kos, I do not know what the current situation is, but there were posts in this forum stating that no construction had taken place during September.

First Choice are hopeful that all of these resorts will be fully built over the winter months, they hoped much the same for one of their resorts in Turkey this year, which opened in an incomplete state and generated quite a few complaints and an appearence on "Package Holiday Undercover" when they tried to offer unhappy holidaymakers just a 10% refund.

In fact the PHU team are watching developments ( or lack of ) closely on the Corfu site and have confirmed that they are "very interested" in running a story on it when Package Holiday Undercover comes back on air.

First Choice are taking a gamble that the weather over winter will be kind to them, and allow the local owners to get the resorts built and ready to go on time.

There is certainly alot of confusion regarding these developments mainly because the tour operator has been publishing inaccurate photos and information in their brochures and on the website.

The photos give the impression that the promised waterparks are up & running when in fact construction has not started as yet, and have merely been taken from another resort, whose owners are also partners in this project.

http://allinclusiveingreece.bravehost.com/photos.htm
Thank you for your reply. I really don't know what to do now. Should I change my holiday or take a chance. Anyone got any suggestions?
Hi Carolyn 1st, I went to the Pegasos Place in August and had a fantastic time and so did my children, but i think if we had gone the first month it opended i would be telling a differant story, it ok for people to say well if its not ready FC will inform us because they wont they will just send you thier and hope for the best and as for compensation the people who sent to the PP the first week it opended and still had lots of bulding work have only been offered 20% refund which i think is totally unacceptable, so if i was you if you are going later in the year August/ Sept i would still go, but i would not even consider going if i was going in the first month it opens, just look at the other holiday villages. Costa del sol. and the PP, just take a look at the photos from when they first opended and see for your self, but on the other hand look at the photos from when the hotel have been built a couple of months and you will see the differance, Hope that gives you the answer you have been looking for. Good luck :hmmm
Thank you Bellingham for your reply.

I think we are going to chance it. We are going in August and hopefully everything will be sorted by then. Can whoever goes first on this forum please report back to us all so at least we know what to expect.

Happy holidays everyone, fingers crossed.
HI Crolyn 1st, This is what the poeple did for us at the PP, their are 370potos of the pp, due to us asking people to show us photos and keeping us infomed of the building work, i would just ask the peolpe who go in may, june , july to put some photos on this site so you can see what the place is like, i will also be looking on this forum, because i might be going in 2007,i dont think you will have any problems going in August. Good Luck :wave
hi lexy, what Brochure have you got? we are thinking of going to Kos Aqua Beach club next year. if its as good as it looks it should be some holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.