Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I appreciate that these things are never cut + dried, but do also appreciate CityBoy62's efforts in making me aware of some relevant info on the subject. I get the feeling that there are many in the travel business who would prefer the consumer to be blissfully unaware of such things. At very least raising the issue acts as a warning to others in the future.
Booked a hol through the site, got to the payment page entered my card details and after a few moments an error page occured, informing booking had failed, refresh caches and try again, no payment taken, luckily i wrote down the error code & time. So i left it an hour & as no email confirmation came through, i proceeded with a new booking no
Few days later had a look at my bank account, double taken out of my account. The CALL CENTRE is useless, all's you get is which one should i cancel, it's the same date you muppet & then to be told theres a cancellation charge, just made me laugh
So i emailed the company as it was FREE. The first advisor must of been on same training course as the call centre, as they too where not getting it. So in the subject title i put the term "COMPLAINT i want a manager" and bingo, within one email it was sorted, took me 14 days to get the money back into my account
Now i'm finding the check in process a joke, although they have a passport details page in manage your booking, it's not worth the space it takes
You have to contact the airlines yourself to check in
NEVER AGAIN
This is a really common problem with LowCost, their website is regularly playing up, in fact almost every time I log in. It bombs out or "hangs" and it's even worse when your making an online payment. My best advise is to phone your balance payments through to prevent double charging and then fighting for you money back :think
You cannot blame them for a mistake you made.
They will treat it as two separate bookings.
You should have checked first and not just assumed it hadn't gone through the first time.
Yet another tale where someone has had a failed transaction so done it yet again. Why? Does everyone assume that they can simply book it again.
A month ago I was in the process of tranfering a large sum of money to the USA when things went wrong. I got on the phone about it. The transaction had gone through. If I had done as so many report here on HT - done it again - then double the amount would have winged its way to Chicago. In my case it would not have been the end of the world as I was sending it to my son. He would simply have sent it straight back. If I had been buying/booking something then I could have had problems.
Computers and the internet are things that many people should never be allowed near.

fwh
Computers and the internet are things that many people should never be allowed near.

I think that's a bit harsh....I use the internet for buying stuff on a daily basis and whilst I would say that 99 times out of a hundred it goes perfectly, just once in a while there is a "glitch" - a server may freeze, a page "hang", an error report, broadband fails without warning, or the power cuts out....

Thank god that we've moved on from 56k dial up!!

Only last week I had a problem whilst shopping on line...my creditcard details failed (no reason) - I was dealing with a major retailer, and the page froze as the final transaction was done... waited a good 15 mins, checked my emails (via a seperate PC), DIDN'T press the "back" button, ....eventually I phoned the company and was able to ascertain that the transaction HADN'T gone through and was able to do it on the phone and correct their records...

What I'm saying is that sometimes the technology DOES fail and for those times it is VITAL for a company to have an experienced HUMAN at the end of a phone line to sort out the problem...

ATB,J.
eventually I phoned the company and was able to ascertain that the transaction HADN'T gone through and was able to do it on the phone and correct their records...

Perhaps my comment may seem harsh - but you did what everybody else SHOULD do but DON'T - and that is the problem. Rather than do that they book it again and then blame others.

fwh
fwh wrote:
eventually I phoned the company and was able to ascertain that the transaction HADN'T gone through and was able to do it on the phone and correct their records...

Perhaps my comment may seem harsh - but you did what everybody else SHOULD do but DON'T - and that is the problem. Rather than do that they book it again and then blame others.

fwh

I totally agree with fwh on this,if in doubt surely you would check ? I know I would.
Whilst I have sympathy for people in that position,it really is their own fault.
fwh wrote:
you did what everybody else SHOULD do but DON'T - and that is the problem. Rather than do that they book it again and then blame others.

fwh

merseygull wrote:

What I'm saying is that sometimes the technology DOES fail and for those times it is VITAL for a company to have an experienced HUMAN at the end of a phone line to sort out the problem...

ATB,J.

AND THAT is the point of my post... all too often trying to get 1) a human being 2)that can Listen/understand/DO something is nigh impossible...

ATB,J.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.