Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Meridian Hotel
49 Posts
Hi,
Iwas stood outside this hotel on the 1st of june and there was still a lot of work to be done but things happen quickley to hotels in Bulgaria.

tolon :)
thanks for that bit of information. Did it look like it might be finished by the 20th?
Hi there,

I'm due to stay there on the 20th too. I found a few pictures on a Bulgarian site. One which show's one of the rooms. I think the other two are artists impressions. I've heard that the pool will not be ready until September, does anyone know if this is the case? If so, there will be trouble on the 20th! The link to the pictures is below.

http://www.visitbg.de/sommer/hotel.php?hotid=242
Hi,
Theres every chance the hotel could be ready for the 20th they did a hell of a lot of work in the two weeks we were there.

tolon :D
Have just booked to go to hotel meridien in Sunny Beach in August but can't find anything about it. Is it built yet? Would be grateful for any news about the hotel or tips about Bulgarian in general!
Hi I'm staying at the hotel Maritsa which is joined on your hotel as far as I know the hotel is up and running first guests arrived 20th June.Iam waiting to hear from anyone who have recently returned for more info.I am not going untill 9th July I will post you info when I return.
Alan
Hi everyone,
I am due to go to Meridian hotel in September so it should be up and running quite smoothly by then. I did speak to my tour rep last week who assured me that if there were any difficulties or complications with this new hotel, then we would have been notified by now. All seems plain sailing at present so all should be ok. It will be my 1st time to Bulgaria and am really looking forward to it.
Dizz xx :)
please can some one tell me where i can find photos of this hotel
Hi VQ,

You will find reviews of the Meridien HERE but a quick Goole search doesn't bring up much in the way of photos.

Baldur
hello vodka queen,
if you go to tripadvisor and look up reviews for the hotel maritsa[ this is what the meridien used to be called]there is a lady who will share her photos with you if you email her. i'm sorry but i don't know how to put photos on this site or i would send you them. it looks nice. we are going in sept. hope this helps you.
kiershay
Stayed in this hotel last July and it was by far the best ever stayed in and its fully finished so don't worry. 8)
Hi got back from meridien hotel sat morning cannot fault the hotel staff very friendly cannot comment on restaurant food as we always went out even though we had paid to stay half board, it is so cheap to eat out.
I would reccomend the White House situated accross the road from Tiara Beach Cocktails and Dreams is a good night ant the waiters are excellent especially Tyanko, also i have to mention Jackie who stands outside the meridien asking people to go for a drink, he is absolutley fantastic he is not pushy at all we spent may an evening with him after he finished work
been going to Sunny Beach now for 15 years twice a year we just love it already looking for september.
Hi Gambit,

Glad you enjoyed your holiday, would be most obliged if you could do us a review of the Meridian HERE please.

Peter
Welcome to HT Gambit! Hope this is the first of many posts.
Hi All, I've been reading posts linked to the MERIDIAN hotel, Sunny Beach, as we are thinking about going for a 'late hol' first week in Oct 2006.

Never been to Bulgaria before, usually go to Turkey, Tunisia, Egypt etc but fancy a change, and as it will not be our main hol this year (just returned from 2 wks in Gumbet - Turkey) - I am prepared to give somewhere new a try (only a week after all).

Has anyone returned from the MERIDIAN lately??? If so, what is your opinion?
I have read mixed reviews and although mostly positive there are some iffy points, such as quality of food if on HB, not enough sunbeds around pool and some people being charged depending on the Tour Co. you are with !!!,
Some rooms not refurbished with "old" shower room, lack of hot water in the evening so unable to shower etc.
Some of these points are from older reviews and the later ones seem a lot better.

ANY ADVICE or INFO will be much appreciated, current searches have resulted in price of about £300+ each for HB leaving on 29/09 direct from Newcastle (T.Cook), don't know if this is good VFM?

Cheers,
Ray.
Hi
We stayed at the Maridian last year. This is a very good 3* + hotel, not the 4* they have given, but having said that it is still a very good hotel, it must be were going back this September. The only two bad things about the hotel are, the food and the bathrooms (if you happen to get one that has not been refurbished). The rest of the hotel is excellent. I would suggest going B&B and eat out every night as a 2 course meal with wine for 2 will only set you back about £10 - £15. The pool area is a little on the small size for the size of the hotel, but as like us your going out of season, there's no problems with sun beds. I think the £300 each for one week you have been offered is a little steep as we are only paying £370 each for 2 weeks, and we are going a month earlier. Have a great time.
Davedee,
Thanks for the info, we are still looking as there may be four of us going (2 couples). Can I ask which tour Co you are going with in Sept?, as your hol price is good ( I know that two weeks do not cost twice as much as one week), but as you are going in Sept the price is cheap. I have seen the Meridian offered by quite a few Tour Ops, eg JMC/T.Cook. First Choice, Airtours and Balkan, so I need to compare all their prices etc.

Cheers
Ray
hi,
we are going in sept and we paid £369 each for 2wks with eclipse direct but it was booked in january.i think the price has gone up.
kiershay
Hi
We booked our holiday through http://www.holidayhypermarket.co.uk but the tour company is Cosmos, when we checked with Cosmos own web site it was £70 extra per person. Cosmos is part of the First Choice group and with first choice it was £120 extra per person for exactly the same holiday.
Hope this is of some help.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.