Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
:D
Funny you should say that iv had problems with both times that i brought them did get sorted after a few days but make me so mad as i think i can use it straight away dont mind waiting a couple of hrs or so but not days so i think i will try another net work my self i think when i get there. DID i TELL YOU ALL I SHOULD ARRIVE ON THE 21ST DEC yAHOOO :rofl

Can you choose which net work you have!! i normally go to the shop near Jonnys in calengute.

Pip
x
Yes you can choose which network you want, but make sure there are no coverage issues where you stay/spend most of your time. In Cal/Can/bag you should have no probs but if you regularly join the procession to and from Morjim there may be.
If you want to get the Sim on Cal High St, try Mr Keli at Keli Electricals next to Romanos, in the past he has been very helpful with the sort of problems described here.
I have always used Keli Electrics but when I went there a few weeks ago the place is now a clothes shop!!!
Where is the best place in Candolim to buy a Indian Sim Card, and what are the prices for them, and which is the best to buy. All info grateful.
Thanks to all HTs that help me. :thanks
Hi nightnurse,we have always used Mark at the little phone shop next to the small fishermans cove in Candolim.Always Airlel and the lifetime sim card . as you top up your balance ,it keeps extending your validity.this way you can keep your indian number forever. each year.Just leave your mobil or sim card with a friend or some one you trust when you go home and just get them to use it once or twice over the 6 months you are out of india.
Its worked for us for over 5 years,with the same number.with no problem at all.works best the longer you stay :tup
any chance of getting one of these on payg?

looking around the net it does say that 3g would be in place in goa around january 2010 so just wondering if its been implemented yet?
I am absoloutley lost with phones and different services.
If this helps anyone, I have orange PAYG at home.
In India I call at the Elephant shop( the one near beach rd, Candolim) and buy an Airtel sim for around £4-5.
This usually last me 2 weeks for MINIMAL calls to UK.
There have been a couple of problems re registering etc but have been sorted with no hassle
On returning home I destroy the card.
Dont get an Idea card you, will be inundated with marketing calls and text messages
Hi guys ive just had my Iphone unlocked. Can anyone recommend a sim card/network that i can use while im in Goa for a month. Im looking for one that will give a good data allowance so i can get online.

cheers me dears :cheers
airtel is certainly the best,as far as sims go
Hi, I would so recommend bringing out a good mobile/Ipad/Samsung Tab, especially if you will be here a longer durations. You can get idea/vodafone sims etc at very cheap rates. Vodafone do an internet connection for just 95 Rs a month (4gb limit), great way to keep up to date with the news back home, holiday truths, facebook and google maps is also great if you have GPS. I bought myself a Samsumg Galaxy Tab and it's so good. Love it!

Hope this helps
for internet i use tata photon+ find it very good on dongle
I like the sound of the Vodafone sim with the internet access.

I usually end up with whats the best deal for the elephant shop.

Where can I get a Vodafone sim with internet access? (like Rob's)
Will be staying in Candolim but can travel

Ta

Steve
Your normal Indian phone sim will work, just register for data at phone shop, connect phone to laptop, and use Nokia suite or whatever phone software you have, using your phone as a modem.
I want to use it with a Iphone.

ta
Should be no problem as long as your phone is unlocked. I could use it with my laptop or old Nokia on its own.
The only problem I can imagine is signal strength/quality/coverage?
I take it 3G has hit Goa?

I feel I never know if I am getting a good deal or just what is best for the seller at the time.

Many thanks

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.