Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I have just been on a flybe Q400 to Stuttgart and back from BHX. The return flight was rather hairy last night due to the bad weather, give me a jet any time.
Why do flybe allow passengers to take quite large bags on board when the overhead lockers are so small?
Also there are no automatic check in machines for flybe, they have them for Air France, Delta etc. The queue at the one check in desk was very slow. Why won't they let you check in online a week in advance like Ryanair do? It would be much better.
I reckon flybe ought to up their game if they want to continue, easyjet and Ryanair are so much better.
My wife uses flybe to go to Jersey, she says she liked Baby better because they used a jet and they were cheaper. They are still missed at EMA.
I need to get from the south up to Leeds in the quickest time possible (for a gig at the end of Feb). So, as I'm only a fairly short drive from S'ton, I booked a flight with Flybe.

Is it me being paranoid, or do they have a lot of issues with the hydraulics on their Embraers?! Not gonna lie, I'm feeling a bit nervous about this now, and I have NEVER been afraid of flying! :think
Hey Pippa,

C'mon, you are experienced flyer enough to know that Flybe are not going to compromise safety and that the Embraers are fine. Actually it was the Dash 8's (from a number of carriers) that had an issue with undercarriage hydros...Flybe operate quite a number of them but again if there really was an issue the Authority's would ground them. I would think for you the biggest concern would be the overall financial future of Flybe! Quite a bit of change going on within the airline incuding a further staff reduction - but this will never be compromising safety.

Nivsy
Yeah, just looked it up again and seen it was the Dash that had those issues!

http://www.aeroinside.com/incidents/airline/flybe

Also just thought, I probably won't be flying on an Embraer anyway, even if it had been that aircraft! :rofl

It'll be a Bombardier from S'ton to Leeds, I'm guessing.
Yeah it will be a Dash 8 - and I would not worry unduly. At least the legroom is quite good.

Did you hear about the Easyjet incident at Milan? Engine cowling issue again on Airbus 319........this is probably more more worrying and again not airline specific as it was BA that had the problem at Heathrow a wee while back on route Oslo.
nivsy wrote:
Yeah it will be a Dash 8 - and I would not worry unduly. At least the legroom is quite good.

Turns out it's all immaterial now!

We regret to advise that your Flybe flight below has been cancelled and that you can request a full refund by clicking here. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience experienced by this news that has resulted from Flybe’s recently announced route network rationalisation.

A friend warned me not to touch Flybe with a barge pole, saying they are notorious for doing this. Oh well, live and learn! Won't be booking with them again :tup
Hopeless! Guess its the train for you or the trip up to Heathrow.....for the BA flight?
nivsy wrote:
Hopeless! Guess its the train for you or the trip up to Heathrow.....for the BA flight?

Yep, that's one of the options I'm looking into, although I don't think it'll work for me, time-wise. I had it all planned out so well, too!

I have to work the morning of the 28th of Feb, but can finish at about 11.30 if I start really early. I need to be in Leeds no later than 6pm. I've also made other plans that hinge on me not driving to Leeds.

I'm catching a National Express coach from Leeds just down to Manchester straight after the gig, then staying in the Premier Inn in the city. Going to a second gig in Manchester on the night of the 1st and then catching the overnight coach down to London (save me paying out for a second night in a hotel) then a train home to Worthing first thing on the 2nd.

All of this is to save a lot of money on fuel and not having to drive late at night when I'm tired. Of course, all these plans relied upon on me being able to catch a train to Southampton from Worthing then fly up to Leeds.

It all sounds very complicated, I'm sure, but I had it planned (and have all coach/train tickets and hotel booked and paid for!) to perfection! Will have to see if I can finish even earlier, get the train up to London and National Express to Leeds. I think that's now my only option.

Cheers, Flybe! :tup :banghead:
Flybe's website says check-in is 2 hours before departure time is there any chance that they actually open earlier? I am thinking of Manchester in particular for a Milan flight
wasginge,

The recommended check in time is 2 hours before the scheduled departure time. They will be open earlier than that, normally 3 hours before.

Darren
Thanks, Darren. That will be helpful. I have posted on the MAN airport site re T3 Lounge. An early check-in will make it more feasible.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.