Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Glad to hear everyone on here is liking my friend Nicolas! hehe :)
Believe it or not a few days ago he was sat in my house telling me my fish & chips are better than the meals at his resturant! :que
Have always been a fan of nicolas tavern, my daughters are also friends with christina & maria his daughters and Andrula his wife is a great friend of mine.

Another resturant in protaras would deffinatley be Yianna Marie, my daughter goes to school with one of the waiters daughter and they are great people who serve great food:D must give a shout out to the owner of Yianna Marie Mavrikos Mavroudi!
CourtneeLouise xxx
(award winning) " Steens " on the top road between Pernera and Protaras do some great fry up breakfasts, Full English with toast and brews (click for pic - full English at Steens ) .. Full Irish with potato cakes etc (click for pic - full Irish ).. and I've seem someone asking about a Full Scottish with square sausage ? Billy and Linda who run the place are only to happy to help people out ! They also do some great lunch menu's (click for pics steak and guinness pie - Home made burgers ) and evening meals (click for pics mixed grill - fish and chips - Sunday Roast - turkey and veg soup starter - pate and toast starter - potato and onion soup starter )... "A taste of home"... so if you want something away from Cypriot dishes then its well worth checking them out... can't fault their service ! they go the extra mile and a little bit further !

Steve
  • Edited by AskCy 2010-05-21 21:12:46
Totally agreeing with you steve! Billy & Linda are my nextdoor neighbours! Every saturday/sunday she comes out to my youngest daughter and shouts over the fence "SHELBIE!!! I HAVE SOME YORKSHIRES FOR YOU!!!" haha bless them! Deffinatley reccomend there resturant

CourtneeLouise xxx
A group of 11 of us went to the Nicolas Tavern during our stay in Protaras. Because there were so many of us I decided to go in and book a table the previous evening. The waiter said I should see the boss and pointed me in the right direction. Spoke to Nicolas who immediately invited me in for a drink. I explained the other 10 were waiting outside and he said "Bring them all in". We sat down and he brought wine for us all, not just a glass each, several bottles between us. He came and sat with us for a chat, meanwhile the waiters kept bringing more freebies, crisps, fresh popcorn, and more wine. This was all free hospitality Nicolas style and as we left he said "See you tomorrow, make sure you are hungry!!"

Turned up for our meal the following night to find a table prepared for us, and an eating experience I will never forget. We ordered wine and eight of us had a meat meze with the others ordering normal main meals. The quality was superb and, even though most of us are good eaters, we probably left as much as we ate such were the size of the portions. When our wine ran out he kept bring us more, then as the restaurant became less busy he came and sat with us again, bringing with him a huge chocolate cake, followed by free coffees, and then a full brandy bottle appeared. At the end of the night the only items on the bill were the main meals and our initial wine order.

Went back again the following week and encountered similar hospitality. Free starters for us all, and this time we all ordered standard menu items except one of the group who asked Nicolas if he would be able to make up a few small items of different fish so he could try them. He ended up with three full plates, one with sea bream, one with swordfish and one with perch. Once again we were brought extra free bottles of wine and the meal was followed by watermelon, coffee and liqueurs. Once again the bill only contained the main meals and initial drinks order. He even brought the ladies in the group a salad bowl and Cypriot recipe book to take home!!

Can't praise Nicolas enough, anyone who goes to Protaras should try this experience.
Dos Pesos Casa Mexicana on Tomb of the Kings (Paphos). Great little place. Fat Mamas too - also on Tomb of the Kings.
Just Italian in Kapparis would be my favourite...
would some1 have any ideas on a wedding reception venue in paphos, maybe a restaurant and also a wedding venue thats close to the beach and would allow me to marry on or near a beach,, not a hotel thoyu as ive heard that me an guests would have to stay in the hotel for me to be able to get married ther, and wer particully lookin at villas for all the guests and ourselves,, any and all informations would be really appreciated :D
would some1 have any ideas on a wedding reception venue in paphos,

take a look at the cyprus wedding thread its a bit long but worth the read

yasus
wizard
I still definitely say Cavo Restaurant, owned by Chris and Joanna, along Fountian Court, near the Japanese Restaurant.

Also the Wayang Chineses Restaurant, owned by Tasous.

Both of these are in Ayia Napa. Me and hubby are looking forward to going back at the end of August to see all our friends over there again, including Chris, Joanna and Tasous. And not forgetting my best friend Maria and her family!
If you are in the mood for some fresh fish dishes, I personally recommend the Güler's Fish Restaurant. Love the location as well. The smell of fresh fish and the view of the breath-taking stretch of sand in Kyrenia is a perfect combination. Check it out guys!!.
We recently returned home from Ayia Napa and the best restaurants we visted were without doubt Sage, Fiji (Polynesian cuisine) and Stamna Tavern (traditional cypriot/Greek). Clarabels and Quadro also deserve a mention as being very good.
we found Costas Taverna just inland from Coral Bay heading into Peyia very good, local dishes, good portions and very reasonable prices.

Very satisfying meals all round..
A list of the most famous restaurants in Kyrenia area: Saint Tropez, Ambiance, Dragon, Archway, Missina, Niazis, Di Figaro, Acmenya, Bizim Han, Cod Baba, Dragon, Laughing Buddha, Grapevine, Padisahv.
Went to the Fresh house in Pernera for the first time this year and wish we had gone sooner it was very delicious and the no smoking inside was a huge bonus!
indeed Lordy, the food in there is great, always seems to be cooked well and decent stuff....
We had lunch at Pissouri Bay last Wednesday at Captain's Bay Restaurant. It's right down by the beach near the public car park and we were very impressed at the speed of the service, piping hot food served on warmed plates and quick to clear the tables after we had finished.

Hubby's very large pork chop appeared inside 20 minutes when we normally expect to wait 30 - 45 minutes for it to arrive at the table.

A bit more expensive than we would normally pay but it's close to a fairly upmarket hotel so we expected that. However, for the service and the food alone - it was worth it. Would definitely go back....

Photos here:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8009/7502484948_6ef6fc5c8f.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8005/7502471788_b7dd7e97ca.jpg
looks very nice.. but where the photo of the pork chop ? :-) :lol:
I was too busy eating my chicken in garlic sauce plus hubby eats a lot faster than me so there was nothing left by the time I'd finished! :whoops
I love the Sienna restaurant on the Chlorakas Avenue near the Laura Beach Hotel. I also am a fan of San Marino in Pafos
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.