Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
It still has to be The Gardens Resturant on Nissi Avenue,The steaks are just the best, all flambed in the main sitting area. :)
Although maybe shut for winter, does anyone know if the 'Fresh House' in Pernera will open in the spring/summer this year, thank you.

Michelle x
oh hello... !

It was sat empty in April 2009, but by August 2009 it had re-opened with Panicos running the place with some of his (grown up) children helping out. It would appear he's going to be up and running for the time being, so I should think he will be open again this year.

he had to re-do all the frontage etc, so I can't imagine that effort would be going to waste...

The Fresh House in Pernera, August 2009

Steve
For the most delicious steaks in Paphos La Vigna Trattoria in Coral Bay can't be beaten. Lucious juicy Black angus rib eye steaks are absolutely yummy.
Of course being a trattoria they also have all the usual italian dishes which are also excellent.
Thanks for all the tips everyone, but I'm confused with so many of them!

So, if you had to recommend just ONE romantic restaurant in the Protaras area - what would it be?
Blue Spice has got beautiful views of the sea and the grounds are gorgeous during day or night. The meals and decor are fabulous at the Mojito's restaurant which is just up the road from Blue Spice.
For protarus gotta be olympus

and napa http://www.clarabelflambee.com

both are worth popping to duing the day and booking a table outside at the front,

and both i will be eating at in June, even tho staying AI :tup
anywhere to totally avoid? - is it worth goiing half or full board or all inc>?
we much prefer self catering so we can make our own breakfasts (as 2 weeks of cooked breakfast ain't good for us). we can cook other meals if we like.. but we can go out and about exploring, finding somewhere different each day, eating when we want not having to get back for this time or that time.....

however when our budget was tighter (and when we had all 4 children with us) all inclusive was a must !

Steve
l pref to eat out and explore too, Ive never been to Cyprus and have been put of by people saying its expensive there. I was thinking going all inc as the prices are not that diffrent tbh. Other than that its B&B as we dont drink a lot either.

What is the average cost of a meal for 2 with a bottle of wine? I have read some previous threads but would like to know prices for this year.
We haven't been able to go for the past couple of years, but when we were last over (2007) the 2 of us could eat out for well under CY£20, including a couple of drinks each.
I've read a few reviews recently elsewhere where similar meals would cost around €33 for 2.
hmm I anticipated that it would be about 50 ish for a meal he way people went on about it!

Good time to buy the euro atm with Greece going bankrupt! meals will therefre be even cheaper possibly!

Think il stick to B&B and try out some of the resteraunts recomended
A lot depends on what you want to eat, where you want to eat it etc...

you can spend €100 for meal for 2.. or €7.50 !
"We haven't been able to go for the past couple of years, but when we were last over (2007) the 2 of us could eat out for well under CY£20, including a couple of drinks each.
I've read a few reviews recently elsewhere where similar meals would cost around €33 for 2."

That's true. We found the same.
Two could eat, with village wine, for £13 - now its £13 each Plus wine (=~€33).
Coz the reason is the rate of the Euro.
You are paying at least a third more coz the pound has come down that amount.
Correct.
When Cyprus went 'Euro' a Euro was CY£1.71 - about £2 Sterling.

Now the £ and the € are almost on a par, making Cyprus about 50% more expensive than it would be were it not for the weak Sterling.
Any new restaurants opened this year in Protaras, were due over there in 5 weeks (Volcanic ash permitting!)
Will definatly be visiting Nicholas Taverna and No1 a couple of times.
We love the bakery near Fools & Horses for lunch, a couple of drinks in Fools then a salad or roll back in the room..
Can't wait...
Anyone know how busy its due to be? I found it a lot quieter last year. :cheers
We too like Nicholas taverna and also Divas in Protaras but we usually go into Ayia Napa quite a few nights during our holiday to our favourite restaurant Limelight, quite a trek from the resort centre but well worth it, we have never seen it anything other than packed, the food is fab and for those of you who think size matters the portions are huge. We also like Sage and Clarabels too.

Even though we go B&B we still like to have breakfast at Only Fools and Horses Bar on the strip, really nice except the obligatory slice of tomato and cucumber.....WHY?????

Anyone got any favourite breakfast places so we can try somewhere else this year? we read about a good breakfast place in Cala Bona on the Majorca forum and ended up going every morning last year, HT members know their fry ups!!!!
Fish taverna just above Pomos harbour really nice, good atmosphere watching fishing boats come in! Good if you are in a villa in the area, if not quite off the beaten track!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.