Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
We went to Vrakas for our lunch on our last day. We nice too.
Vrakas and the Hideaway are owned by the same people.

Mark
Post deleted as posting from Cyprus recommending a Cyprus restaurant.

luci :wave
In Pernera we loved Il Cavaliere (beautiful italian), Philosophia (stunning views), Noufara (beautiful swordfish and tsippoura), Kartanas service was brilliant as was their meze - and brill kids bouncy castles for the little ones.
Every year we have walked past Happy Days Number One restaurant in Protaras, thinking it was more like a cafe. Last year we decided to give it a go, thought it must be okay because it always seems to be full of locals, have to say it was the best meal we had all holiday, can't wait to go back this year, there is also a new restaurant opposite Fools and Horses whcih was really nice, can't think of the name but they do really nice pizza's, of course Nicholas Tavera is always good.
we had a nice meal in happy days, but my favourite is cornet restaurant been eating there years and takes some beating in my opinion. astoria and la strada are also good
Hi there,

I have a group of friends traveling to aiya napa this summer and they are looking for some recommendations on places to eat out. I went on the very same trip with them the same time last year and despite us having a great time we found the restaurants some what lacking quality. I know ayia napa has a bit of a young party town reputation and therefore food tends not to be that important to many who travel there. As much as we enjoyed the all night partys though we would of loved to have had a few nice meals before we hit the town, so if anyone knows of any hidden gems or such my friends would be very gratefull, thanks in advance
If you like Chinese, there is a lovely one on Nissi Avenue called Pagoda, bit pricey but worth it, we used it when we first stayed in Ayia Napa, now we tend to stay in Pernera but still travel through to Napa to eat there.
You might want to check this existing topic, there are good recommendations in there http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=95177

My personal favourites are:

Blueberrys
Sage
Los Bandidos
Limelight
Saporo

Never had a poor meal in Napa, but it took 15 years to build a good list of favourites ;)
Can anyone tell me if Tsolias Taverna opposite the Brilliant Apartments in Protaras still exists ? Went there in 2000 & 2001 - meals and hospitality were fantastic. Going back in August so just wanted to see if it was still going. Also, do the two big guys still run Ripples Bar on the corner opposite Kapetanios Hotel ?
night out go to alfie t's go and see marcus friday sat and sundays

seagull restaurant by pizza hut on sea front very good
swc1967, is Tsolias Taverna a typical looking Cyprus taverna, nothing much to look at
but with amazing food, full of local's? if it is then yes its still there.
We went for the first time last year, didn't even know it wa there until one night at the end of our holiday we decided to walk down the top road away from all the crowds.
Thanks Keels71. Yes, you're right in saying the Tsolias doesn't look much, but on 3 previous visits to Protaras we havent found anywhere remotely close to it in terms of its quality of food (esp. the meze). Was being run by an old guy and his daughter (?) in 2001 - hopefully he'll still be there. Thanks again.
The Blue Bay Restuarant ( NOT Blue Spice, easy to confuse) in Pernera is really worth a look. It is right on the beach, is a bit basic, but the food is lovely. Evenings are always busy, but not so much that they will not find a seat for you. We always go there when in Cyprus, even a couple of times when we were staying in Paphos!!

Viklari in the Akamas Peninsula near Paphos has been mentioned and I would agree, only to be attempted with a 4x4!

If your in the mountains, there is a little tavern in Vavatsinia. Meze like you've never seen. :tongue
My favourite places are; Los Banditos (great atmosphere & lovely food - booking recommended), Hokkaido (fantastic show by the Chef's and great food - pre book the tables in the middle where the show is), Mai Thai (great ambience & food) & Casa Da Napa (the Brushetta is delicious but be careful as you also get hot Ciabbata rolls with pesto butter sauce on the table so you can get full before the main course arrives!) And of course, it goes without saying, the lovely tavernas where you get the beautiful cypriot food and hospitality.

Gail
sunshine01 wrote:
Viklari in the Akamas Peninsula.................only to be attempted with a 4x4!
So, what about the ex-pat Brit I followed up there in his Toyota Corolla?

You'll generaly find a few 'normal' cars in the car park. Just requires a little care and attention.

Bear in mind that the whole Lara Beach track would be classed as off-road, thereby making your hire car insurance invalid.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.