Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Here's what it states on OTB website:-

On the Beach act as an agent providing a web search interface between you and various third party suppliers of travel products (e.g. flight, hotel or transfer). For flights we act as your agent in processing your booking with the airline; we are not the airline’s agent. Each product you choose has its own price independent of other products booked at the same time and creates a separate contract between you and the supplier of that product.

It appears by the above that your contract is with the supplier.

Did you make a payment using your credit card?
Thank you for your reply.

i did read that on their site, but the supplier, Hotelbeds, does not have a customer website.

Therefore, the choice I made was based on the information supplied by OTB. They surely have a responsibility to their customers to ensure the information they provide is correct?

I was not directed to any other website, nor provided any other information from elsewhere.

OTB removed the hotel from their site within 48 hours. I would imagine that advertising a hotel that basically doesn't exist is fraudulent?

Thanks again
We have had complaints in the past where the hotel shown on a website has not been correct. I would assume the OTB will apologise and say they were supplied an incorrect photo/description.

On these websites if you look closely enough somewhere you will see E&OE (Errors and Omissions Excepted) a nice little get out.
But wouldn't that mean that any hotel you book through their site may not exist?
Did you pay by credit card?

If you paid by credit card you could also claim against your credit card company. UnderSection 75, the credit card company is jointly and severally liable for any breach of contract or misrepresentation by a company for items or services that cost between £100 and £30,000
Yes I did actually Glynis, thank you, I'll look into this.

Unfortunately though that won't cover the extra money spent whilst there as we were unable to self cater.

Having looked into Mykonos I knew it was pricey but had still underestimated it. A small coffee for example was minimum €5 and a glass of wine €10 - €20.

We even had to buy mugs to drink bottled water from as the hotel didn't provide anything.

Im just so cross with On The Beach and their lack of care towards their customers. I use them a lot, as do family members, I even have a holiday for next year booked with them.

I have now lost all faith in them.
I'd be upset as well Nina. Especially as you can't double check anything on Hotelbeds website.

In future before you book any accommodation Google search it first for reviews & photos etc. I scour the net before I book anything, including Google maps.

Ouch at those prices!!
Hi Nina, we had a terrible experience on holiday last week.
we also booked through OTB, and have complained to them, but they are ignoring our emails and will never go through OTB again.
They are great at taking your money, but don't care if anything awful happens.
I have uploaded pics of the hellhole they booked us into and written a review.
Just hope that people take the time to read it so they can make an informed choice.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.