Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Of course you can... it's sold in most bars along with Amstel and you can pick up cans and bottles very cheaply in the supermarkets. (I usually have a couple to "warm up" with before I go out for my evening meal). Have a great time in Corfu. You'll love it.
Thanks AgentQ

When I was in Zakynthos I was disappointed to find that there was no Mythos available there.
Like yourself I think it's important to 'warm up' before going out for the evening meal.

This is our first time in Corfu, staying in Kassiopi and really looking forward to it.

:thanks
I found this Greek beer info here http://www.allcorfu.com/corfu-trivia.html

Greek Beer Trivia

Research indicates that just three lagers - Heineken, Amstel and Mythos - make up 90% of the beer sold on the Greek market.

Over 75% of beer is consumed between April and September. The bulk of beer is consumed in bottles as opposed to cans or on draught.

The first domestic beer, Fix, was brewed in 1864. The factory closed in the 1980s, but the brand name re-emerged in 1997 after Olympic Breweries purchased the rights.

The Athenian brewery Heineken was one of nearly a dozen Athens 2004 Olympic sponsors.

I'm thirsty - thipsao.
I'd like a beer -tha eethela meea beera
Cheers - steen eegheeia
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.