Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Prices for 2006
11 Posts
Hi june like you say Balkan are getting a bit pricey couple of ideas for you to try for flights have a look at a company called wizz air, only problem flying from luton via budapest. also for hotel or apartments, try sema holidays in Bulgaria. good luck
Thanks mondeo been looking through private appartments .The airport is the draw back i use Newcastle my daughter uses Glasgow Have tryed for Edinburgh as that is in between both of us but no flights available in all the companys i have gone through .So will try the one you have suggested Many thanks June :wave
Hi June, We just returned today from SB and whilst there heard rumours that Easyjet are looking to start new routes into Bulgaria due to the dramatic increase in Brit visitors. Judging by the number of hotels,apartments being built there will have to be a lot more flights into the place so just keep an eye out for possible announcements.

8) The Toonman
Thanks toonman will keep that in mind. I keep going through all the flight operators.mondeo gave me some good info also .It is good to have this site as you can get a lot of good info from all the H/T users Many thanks June
Hi June, we flew to Bourgas this year, and paid £252 each adult, 28th July for 2 weeks, this was with My Travel from Manchester, we then got 3 more flights for the family last minute and had to pay over £300 each because demand was so high. We also got 2 flights with Thompson for £185 each, 30th Aug for 2 weeks, Prior to the summer holidays, before 20th July, you could get last minute flights with Balkan from £60 to £160, as soon as the summer holidays start the prices go through the roof. I have noticed that alot of companies have doubled up on their flights for next year so hopefully the price will come down, try this link with ATM, they do a good search of most of the popular operators, to give you an idea of the cost. http://www.atmtravel.co.uk/index.phtml?command=default-service&service=2
I have several other links on my website, if you find any other flights, please drop me a line, as i am always looking for cheap flights, hope this helps, Paul
Hi went this year via Budapest. Used Malev airlines cost us £800 for a family of four for two weeks in August. Only draw back was flight from Stansted return to Heathrow. I got a good deal on Hire cars which worked out the same price as parking your own for two weeks.

For info booked through Ebookers and Carbookers. I worked out after endless research that I saved around £400. Which was worth the extra 4 hours total on the journey. The flights were also better times morning and afternoon slots. The tour operators were arriving and leaving around 01.00 at our complex in Sunny Beach.
Thanks all the information has been really great and gives me a few choices to look through The site you sent sprotbro has given me quite a few choices .I will keep looking and if i find anything cheaper will post it to you June :fly
Booked our flights for next year, £235 from Manchester with My Travel 14th Aug for 2 weeks, £50 saving for 2 on this years prices, it can only get better. :D
Great to hear spotbro that the prices are finaly coming down a bit as the prices were way over the top from Balkans .I can get the same holiday next year with Thomson Just under£600 cheaper than i paid for in July this year . June
Found this cutting about budget airlines, not good news for next year.
Currently an 'open skies' agreement is needed to allow budget airlines to service the Black Sea coast directly. Due to the privatisation of Bulgaria's national carrier Balkan Air, this will not be adopted until just before EU membership.

For the above reasons we expect budget airlines to start servicing the Black Sea coast from mid-2007 or 2008.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.