Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
hi just booked one weeks holiday to tenerife for my son and his girlfriend got a great deal a few hundred cheaper than thompsons ,I have recieved flight confirmation,transfer vouchers,accomodation voucher I hope every thing works out, I am a bit worried because it seems nobody has any reviews about holidays with this company :wave:
I have just booked a weeks holiday in crete, the guy I booked with was really helpful however since i have booked over a week ago I haven't received any booking confirmation and everytime i call them they tell me it will be sent and it never is. Getting worried now as going in 2 weeks, has this happened to anyone else?! :(
They were a sloppy emailing me my confirmation but when I rang them up they emailed it staightaway.
Documents arrived a week later.
I leave on Monday - will report when I get back but this email thing is the only glitch so far.
Hi, I was dubious on booking with Purple Holidays but I have booked my holiday to Cuba at a great reduced price I got 2 emails to advice on confirmation as I had not received one at first, I emailed to say did nto get confirmation email then got the original and within hour got another. I have been onto the Thomson website to register my details as you do now and everything checked out so I should recieve my tickets in 2 -3 weeks. Will let you know how I get on but so far so good . :|
I have eventually got my 2 confirmation emails through now! So fingers crossed all is well now, just waiting for my tickets to be emailed through :que Will write when i return to let you know how it went!
Update on my holiday with Purple holidays. I fly 22 july today I have my tickets, i have never had tickets 4 weeks in advance before so I can give thumbs up on these travel agents, they are part of Hays Travel which have been part of my Home town of sunderland for numerous years now and they have a good reputation. Cuba here we come :cheers
I agree Suel,Hays are a great company,they have been in our town for years. :tup :tup :tup :tup
I've just had a terrible experience with booking a holiday with the Purple Holidays.

I am extremely disappointed & won't be using them again in the future.

As everything is done by phone - it makes it really difficult to prove. But here's my problem.

I've booked a Thomas Cook holiday to go to Greece, Zante at the end of July for me & my family. I specifically asked for 5kg of extra luggage, transfers & meal to be included in my holiday costings. I was given an overall cost by the rep & agreed. I paid & waited for the confirmation.

Once I received confirmation - none of the extras were mentioned.

I asked for them to clarify. I was told that it did include transfers & meals but not the extra luggage.
I asked for that to be checked. After several days I had a response saying they had listened to the recordings of the telephone conversations & it wasn't mentioned. I asked again - as I'm positive I did, however all I really want is the extra baggage allowance & to let me know how much that would be. Several more days passed & I had a response telling me it would be an additional £75.00. I queried this - as if you book with Thomas Cook directly - it's only £45.00 in total. The response - was - sorry that's it.

Needless to say I am fuming. Their customer service - as far as I am concerned is terrible. Their attitude is - if it's not on the recordings - then tough.
Not once was there an apology or an offer to do something about it.

My advice would be book direct with Thomas Cook. Which is what I will be doing next time.
Anyone used Purple Holidays? My daughter booked a holiday to Crete with them and her flights have been changed four times! She went to the airport this afternoon for her flight to Crete and boarded the plane, they flew to Dublin, yes Dublin, where they are waiting for more people to board the plane. They were not told they were going to have a detour when the flight was changed and the flight was originally a direct flight. This had added two hours onto the flight time! Would not touch this company with a barge pole!

July 17th, my daughter just check her ticket and it says Goldtrail - not sure how she stands yet! She is due home on Tuesdat night.
  • Edited by sheelyp 2010-07-17 08:10:24
I've noticed something else about the 4 people who are making advert like posts.
There the only posts the poster will make.
Hi Kath. This is usually a problem with your flight operator, and not with the travel agent. Who were you flying with?
Does Kath have a problem?

Anyway, getting back to who they are. They are definately linked to a company called Pinewood Travel which is registered at the same address in Fleet, Hampshire and whose website is registered to the same man in Athens. The address in Fleet seems to be a small shop. Both websites claim to be part of Hays Travel Ltd but that may be an exagerration, members of the Hays Travel Independance Group seem to be independent traders who join a club, pay a fee and get to use the facilities - but they aren't owned by Hays.

And the suspiciously happy posters pop up together on other review sites - what a coincedence. Try putting the user names in Google and see!!
I probably wouldnt use this company again! I returned from Greece a week ago, The flight on the way back was a nightmare, Delayed for 2 hours and then on the way back we landed in Luton instead of Gatwick and had to sit on the plane at Luton for 2 hours before they decided whether they would fly back to Gatwick after which time everyone complained and was let of the plane and had to make their own way home from Luton!! I appreciate this is down to the airline and not the travel agent but it was a low cost airline that I had never heard of and the service was awful, but this just added to the inconvienence we had booking the holiday, Didnt get any booking confirmation for agees and had to call them every day :duh and they kept lying saying it had been sent when it hadnt! They then sent me the wrong accommodation voucher which had no flight details on it so we wouldnt of been able to get our transfers, they emailed me the correct one about 10 mins before we were due to leave for the airport! The company seem v unprofessional. :duh
Just for info, I have removed a post from another topic by someone from Purple Holidays. It was basically a staff recruitment advert. He chose not to answer any of the posts in this topic before leaving, but he may already be aware of them, as the interesting fact is that he just happens to share the exact same Greek IP address as ChapHanes who has previously posed in this topic as a satisfied customer of Purple Holidays.

As previously advised, although Purple Holidays is a member of the Hays Travel Independence Group, which is a consortium of independent retailers, the Purple Holidays website is registered in Athens and its call centre is also based there. I believe they also employ home-workers in the UK.

That may go some way to explaining some of the posts in this topic.

David :wave
chaphanes is one of those names you can google to find other complimentary comments about Purple on another board which isn't as diligent!
hi i'm sorry if my 1st post sounded like an advert for purple holidays.
As some members seem to be hinting . I've absolutely no connections to them what so ever other than to book a holiday with them.
And as someone had asked about them in an earlier post thought i'd give my experience of them that is it. i found them to be very helpful through out the whole volcaino buissness although i lost the eygpt holiday, they did everything they said they would do. We were originally disapointed to lose the holiday because of the volcaino, and the initial worrying after that was as to wether or not we would get a full refund which we did .
someone did however mention a booking problem with them and other than haveing to make a phone call to say i hadn't received the email for the transfers which quickly followed the original email i've had no problems what so ever and will stand by my original post 100%.
c,peters
The problem is that you also appear in another forum answering a fake question from Chaphanes. I may be jumping to conclusions but it does tend to undermine your credibility, sorry.
I'm not going to get into an augument here,but jumping to conclusions you most definatly are.

I'm not aware of this guy chaphanes or whatever his name may be ,I am aware that i have posted somewere else about purple holidays,but i'm not not aware of answering fake questions.

I would however like you to point out the site where you say i do,as for my credibility the answer to your question is Yes you have jumped to a very big conclusion but know it all's often do,sorry.
as requested, the other site

http://forum.holidaywatchdog.com/anyone-know-purple-holidays-t109675.html

chaphanes posted the day before he started on here, you posted the same day that you did here.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.