Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
hi there, yes I use this company often. They can beat most prices ad we have never had any problems with the bookings or transfers. Go ahead and book with confidence, enjoy your hols Jay Trip!
Had a look at this company and it seems to be powered by a Greek internet marketing company.
However, can only find holidays from the UK Timberland? Isn't it a bit difficult for you to make use of this company often as you are in Greece? :think
Purple holidays .com, is indeed a part of Hays travel group they trade as having ABTA K5728 this is the ABTA number for Hayes Travel
Group

i have used Hayes before but not purple

wizard
Advice a bit late for Jay - she was planning on going in March 09 :yikes Seems this post has been bumped :think
I am off to the Devamli in 4 weeks and the Parkim Ayaz in May 2010. :sun2
Thomas Cook have come up trumps with both holidays.They have matched the web price. :tup
I had my reservations about them as well to begin with. After getting some positive feedback on other forums, I decided to give them a shot. The agent I spoke to was very helpful. They found the holiday I wanted at the price I wanted. I haven't booked with them yet but after calling around and getting some other (much higher) quotes I think I will be calling them back later tonight. I'll let you all know how it goes. :think
I booked my holiday Purple and so far so good. I recieved my confirmation and everything has been booked properly. I spoke with their customer services, who helped me book my parking at the airport. I would recommend booking with them - I found them quite reliable. Jay, you're in good hands.
I had a look at their site and I can't see holidays from Greece- yet both glowing reports come from there :think
I agree with Fiona seems strange that both ChapHanes and Timberland are posting from Greece and both giving glowing reports yet according to Fiona's research you can't book a holiday from Greece with this company :think
If Hayes Travel are Purple holidays parent company their head office is here in Sunderland and has been for many many years. :que
Hi Jay ... purpleholidays.com is an independent travel agent, but also a member of the Hays Travel Independence Group, which is a consortium of independent retailers. Although it has an office address in Hampshire, the purpleholidays.com website is registered in Athens and its call centre is also based there. The two new members who replied to your original enquiry also happen to be posting from Greece.

David :wave
hi fiona david glynis and wizard.....I always read through new posts about travel firms Ive not heard of before..out of interest....never know when I could be tempted to dabble myself....after a while you get wise...and if there are not so good veiws posted....then glowing reccommendatations appear ....I check to see when the poster has joined....surprising how many have joined and posted within minutes :think ....call me sceptible ???.....tweetie
I agree Tweetie,I thought it was strange they were answering to a post I originally asked about in February 2009. :rofl
hi my son booked with purple holidays and has gone to lanzaroti today (16/03/2010). his flights are booked with ryan-dontcare airways. on arrival at stansted airport this moning he was greeted with a £70 baggage bill which he can exspect on his way home as well. so be aware of what comes with the booking. hopefully he will be able to claim his hard earnt spending money back when he gets home.
Ian

Bad news. Unlikely he has any claim, the baggage situation is sort of explained in the FAQ section of their website. It clearly states that you only have the allowance shown on your ticket. If there is nothing shown he therefore had nothing (and should have started asking questions a lot sooner than checkin). If the tickets do show an allowance he would have a claim but I doubt that they have made a mistake like that.

I assume that there are two people with one bag each, that's 2x£35 each way =£70. Would have been £15 each per journey booked on line in advance.

If you can contact him it will be worth his while booking the return baggage online before the day. But I'm not sure whether it will need a user password (which he won't have since purple booked it) or whether just the booking reference number would work, booking via the call centre costs the same as at the airport plus the call charge so only saves time.
thanks for that info i can but try to book there luggage on line from the uk i have a ref number.
i booked a holiday with purple holidays on march 10 ,and we were flying to eygpt on a 14 night all inc,but on the 16 april we were struck with the volcano,the holiday had cost quite a bit of money and we were struck with panic thinking we would lose out.

we had to wait until the planes were given the all clear before we could re-book but any worries we had were quickly put to bed by purple holiday staff ,who reassured us there would be no problem in either getting a re-booking or if it came to that a refund. as it turned out we could not get the original hotel at the same price,but we managed to find another holiday that suited us.

i cannot speak highly enough of this company and would have no hesitation what so ever in booking a holiday with them .
many thanks to linda,who tried so hard to get us another booking at the same destination and rosie ,both who were very polite courtious, and professional at all times through out my constant harassment, and also vicky who helped us with our original booking,best in the buissness.

if you find a holiday with purple don,t even hesitate a fantastic company,and will most definatly be back.
c,peters.
We booked a winter break to the Canary Islands in March with Purple Holidays. They were fine - professional, attentive and most importantly considerably cheaper than their rivals - particularly those on the High Street. To be honest i was worried slightly about them (as i'd never heard of them) so i checked around the Web and, aside from a few what seemed to be minor complaints, they seemed OK. They do what they say on the tin.
hi....last 2 posts seem to good to be true :think ....couldnt have written an advert better myself....how appreciative of you both to join us and talk so highly of purple holidays...tweetie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.