Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Actually it was site Administrators that flagged up chaphanes as "suspect" (scroll back 1st March and 19th July) not me. I just noticed he was posting similar elsewhere and the coincedence of you also being there, given the number of holiday threads on the web that you could have been posted in.
steve i'm sorry mate it was just purely coinsedence,look if you want to see some of the postings i have made i'm on trip advisor.

The last reveiw i wrote was the kos hotel bodrum turkey ,although i booked this with purple holidays it was not the replacement holiday i spoke about in the post here, and was written about a month later.

you may also find several other postings.
Hi Carl ... unfortunately when employees of Purple Holidays use forums such as ours to pose as satisfied customers of their own company, it backfires on them because holidaymakers then understandably mistrust and cast doubt on all positive reviews which they read, even genuine ones. That's what makes their actions so ridiculous.

David :wave
Hi I have seen a cheap holiday with purple holidays,but haven"t booked it, because I have never heard of company.
Found this site and after reading 44 reviews I still dont know what to do.Will someone out there tell me,is this a good
company or not.I dont wont to get riped off. :que :que
Dear Readers,

Please be advised that Purpleholidays.com does not condone any act of misrepresentation within our company and do not pursue a strategy to "falsify" any customer feedback. In the past, CR Purpleholidays has been extremely transparent when posting on any discussion forums. An example of this is the "Purple Holidays" discussion on the Trip Advisor Morocco forum. Here you will find a mixture of positive and negative feedback, with responses from CR Purpleholidays.
As mentioned in this forum and confirmed by the participants:

"All the cases posted in this feed, as well as all the other customer service queries we receive, have been handled to the customers satisfaction. We book hundreds of holidays to different destinations every day. Out of all of these bookings and customers, we have an extremely low complaint ratio. We are very proud of the excellent customer service we provide and will continue to work to meet all the expectations of our customers within standardized procedures."

There is a possibility that an employee, of their own accord, has posted false comments without considering the consequences or receiving permission from Purpleholidays.com to do so. For those participating and reading this forum, we like to encourage actual feedback from our customers in order that you, the reader, have real quality feedback to base your decisions on. We ask that you please give Purpleholidays.com a chance to prove the quality of service offered before posting feedback without having any previous experience in using our company and we certainly discourage false representation.

We would like to thank you for maintaining the integrity of this forum and look forward to hearing from you in the future when you are searching for a holiday!
Hi madtart i,ve booked through them 3 times now i've had no problems with them at all with regaurds to booking (although i was not overly impressed with the last hotel i ended up at but that was my fault not theirs) i would say Yes give them ago, make sure you know who your flying with as they do like most companies use cheap no frills airlines. and i would also advise you do the usual checks on any hotels you book. i would also advise anyone booking to take out the insurance for supply failure that they offer although if you haggle hard enough they may waive this fee as they did with me i beleived this saved me about 1300 quid.
I recently called Purple Holidays to book a trip and I have never known such disgusting customer service in my life. The woman was rude and abrupt. I was also surprised to hear of their baggage policy and think that it's very crafty that they aren't more up front about this. If they cannot even manage manners how am I supposed to trust them to organise my holiday. I will not be booking with this company and it is their own fault.
what baggage policy? all it says on their website is that it depends on airline and your allowance is shown on the tickets.
hi have just booked holiday to villa marina club in salou with purple holidays. i booked all inclusive but the hotel voucher says all inclusive bronze. can anyone tell me what that means many thanks
Not sure as I can't see anything on their website. Perhaps you could email them?

http://www.hotel-villamarina.com/all-inclusive-holiday.htm
Hey..just came across this site by mistake and thaught id voice some of my own views after having a few frustrating days and looks like a few more to follow with Purple holidays!

After choosing and booking over the phone to a purple holidays representative who was very happy in taking our money for the holiday that we wanted for our Honeymoon,we were e-mailed all the vouchers needed then to be e-mailed to say the hotel is no longer available..They did then give us a choice of 2 holidays one of which was the same price and another which would of been an additional cost of £170 extra which we were unable to meet.So we opted for the one at the same cost..then only to be told that one was fully booked after when they offerd it to us!

Now with our wedding comming less than 2 weeks away which is a stress in itself and very upset that we have saved for a honeymoon and got our children looked after so we can have this time away only to find that Purple holidays seem very blazay about our situation we are in.

I would like to hear from anyone who may beable to put our minds at reat as this is our 1st time using this company and could well be the last!
Is this a package from a proper tour operator or something they put together? It affects the T&Cs that apply here.

Their own are pretty bad, accomodation becoming "unavailable" is covered in the get out clauses which basically means you've got all the security of a standby booking. Theoretically it could be challenged in court but you've got enough on your plate at the moment!
We are dealing with Purple holidays directly..all they keep saying is dont worry its being looked into and we have 3days before you fly to find something...but its all taken out of our hands now..
We fly out on the 23rd march so im not holding my breath with the attitude they have in dealing with us,seeming they already have banked our money!
Hi Blondedaze,

We realize you leave on holiday tomorrow and we wish you a fantastic honeymoon! We regret to hear of all the difficulties encountered regarding the hotel, and hope you are pleased with your final choice and your complementary transfer upgrade. We are submitting this post in order to update the readers here, as your concern has been settled now since March 10th.

In order to address some of your initial concerns:

As a travel agent, we book accommodation on your behalf with hotel suppliers. In this case, the supplier of your accommodation notified us they had overbooked a week after your reservation and reallocated you to another hotel of similar or higher standard. Although a rare occasion, this sometimes happens when hotels allocate their rooms to more than one tour operator.

Regarding your initial concern regarding the options presented to you, I would just like to clarify that the free hotel option originally given to you could not be reserved until you approved it. Since it took some time for you to decide on your alternative accommodation preference, it is natural for availability to change.

Again, we wish you and your partner a fantastic honeymoon and hope to hear from you again with more feedback concerning your trip.

Kind Regards,
The Purple Travel Team
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.