Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
I have just read the T&Cs and was going to post but you got there first. I find that one alarming. As far as I was ever read admin couldn't read pms. So has this changed? When is a private message not a private message? How do you monitor them?
Perhaps what is meant, that if nasty or abusive e-mails are sent to you and you forward them to a Mod/Admin then they will monitor that situation.
Who knows.

Think this one is best answered by Admin or Mod.
What is meant with "Private Messages are monitored to prevent misuse"? Are they being read?

I would have thought that it means they are monitored to detect spamming and not the content being read,
The software will be able to detect certain words which is not in the interest of HolidayTruths. EG: Where individuals are sending out links to join another forum and therefore mis-using the system.
Private messages are just that, private message, but if I sent out several PM's with the link to join my website, I would be mis-using the system and spamming and I would expect the software to pick it up.

Sanji
Hi Sanji,

I agree with you reference spamming.

However, phpbb3 doesn't have the facility you mention other than the ability for the owners to replace a word (and website) with another word via means of the swear filter that also applies to PMs. Admin doesn't get notified when that happens.

Mark
but the person you sent it to, may report it to a Mod/Admin
Correct and I would expect my PM facilities to be withdrawn / banned if that was the case.

However, that doesn't clarify my query of "being monitored" which to me reads just that, being monitored as a matter of course rather than when it has been reported.

But I gladly stand corrected on that matter by those that know for definate.

Mark
Miss Pink
that is obviously what was relied upon before but it really does not read like that on the new T&Cs.
Sanji- we both know that website links can be filtered. That is not the concern- as no-one wants spamming.
Perhaps it just needs rewording.
The amended T&C's are actually an extension of what has been in place since 2005 and was originally written by Van.

6. Do not send unsolicited mail to other members
It has come to our attention that some companies and individuals have been spamming our members. HolidayTruths.co.uk does NOT endorse spamming in any sense of the word and any member caught spamming will receive an immediate ban from the site. This includes, but is not limited to, spam sent via the private messaging system of this site.

We have added 6.1 and additional wording to protect ourselves and the integrity of the site.

You may also notice we have LEFT IN PLACE the opening paragraph:

All postings on these forums are the responsibility of the original poster. Once posted all information becomes the copyright of HolidayTruths.co.uk

The above also relates to your PM's.

As already stated, all postings on this website are and will be randomly monitored. It has been necessary to revisit the T&C's as we have recently had reason to believe that some members are abusing the facility and we do not want to withdraw it from the majority due to a few mindless members.

Cheers
Another query ref PMs which are now re-instated.

Recieve two new ones but can't read them as the inbox is full. However, I can no longer delete PMs anymore so can't create new space to release the 2 new PMs

Mark
6.1. Misuse of Private Messages (PM's)
Private Messages sent via HolidayTruths.co.uk are monitored to prevent misuse.

Can you expand on "monitored" please? Does this mean being read by third parties????
I can't reply on the pms thread as it is locked but I still read it as you will randomly read pms. I had no idea that you could do this- so am I misunderstanding this?
Ok thanks Chris. I just thought it was perhaps not worded properly. At least we know they may be read now.
So, it's a "public" message service and not a "private" message service then :think
Tony,

PM's are private, they are not publically shared. However, you do not have to use the facility if you do not wish too.

If anyone has any further question regarding this matter you may PM myself or Phil.

Chris
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.