Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Baga for me, yes, I know it's busy but I just love the atmosphere there, I like the baga river end as it's nice and calm, looking forward to visiting Palolem on our next visit.
Mine has to be Oceanic (think thats how its spelt :oops: )
I like this shack for the friendly staff and nice atmosphere but i also like a shack on manderim beach - forgot the name but it was really quiet and peaceful.
Mine is also Baga at the river end, (Squeeze shack) I love people watching and it's perfect for just that.

Donna
XX
Used to be Palolem, now Kerim..
oceanic in baga for us too.
Has to be Morjim. Clear waters and white sands. Hassle free.

:D :D :D
ashvem beach, nice and quiet and no sellers!!!
What's all the fuss about Coco Beach?????
Every time we got in a taxi they tried to get us to go there.
When the lads went to the cricket match last Monday, we girls decided to give it a go and were looking forward to a nice relaxing day in what we thought was 'paradise'.
Well you can keep it!
Because of it's location in a sheltered bay, there's not a breath of a breeze, not a ripple in the sea, no soft sand, very shingley, and access to the sea is limited by the number of fishing boats moored there.
The sun beds looked like old doctors examination couches and were that high that you could do yourself an injury getting on, or worse, falling off them.
Also spent a day on Candolim beach, again not very impressed. There was lots of rubbish at the sea edge, not just natural flotsom/jetsom, but lots of plastic water bottles etc, but more worrying were the 5 hypodermic syringes we counted while walking along the beach.
And that huge,rusty ship, WHAT AN EYESORE!!!
Give me Baga beach anyday, I know the beach sellers can be a pain in the proverbial but we love it.
round the baga head land lovely small beach there with just 1 shack. called cliffs shack. great food and service. not to crowded and no sellers.din,t go as often as we would of liked to, when we went at xmas and new year.couldn,t get through baga with all the indian tourists. but we manage to get there for our last 3 days, he was in the process of building some beach huts. still not tasted a better buttered chicken in goa just follow the signs on the rocks: :arrow:
andy
Palolem, because there is everything, good food, lovely swimming possilities, relaxed. My first experience a paradise 10 years ago.

Ashvem, because quiet, good food, white sand, lovely to just stroll around

Morjim, second best after Ashvem

Utorda, quiet, superb food, sometimes the whole beach for myself only

************** who said I love food *********************
If you don't mind the travelling Dev Bag Island wonderful beach,shallow waters,peace and quite,NO shacks No sellers. Must try it just for a few days relaxation its wonderful the way a holiday should be(FOR SOME THAT IS). :lol:
Our favourite beach is Zolar (sp?) in tamborim South Goa. There are only 2 beach shacks with 10 sunbeds to each. no beach sellers. The food in the shacks is good and the kings are cold. The undercurrent in the sea is quite strong but the dolphins pass by a couple of times a day and if your interest is bridwatching then the surrounding area is good.

The last time we were there we all had a coconut throwing competition with the first and only prize being a bottle of kings (small things....).

Nice beach - nice atmosphere.

Lynn
Bogmalo beach - crescent shaped bay, rock pools, can spot a dolphin occassionally, no beach sellers, good restaurants. Always very quiet which is why I guess that no-one else will mention it
Ditcher,don't tell too many about it we are still trying to keep it a secret.

john
I love lots of the beaches for different reasons and have been to many,but the quietest beach by far is 'Querim Beach' only 1 shack and miles of sand and no other tourists while we were there. Also great views on the way!
I have seen a photograph of a beach in the photo galleries ..its called...MAJORDA.....can someone tell me where it is and a little about this beach please ........colleen
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/Goa/P1000246.jpg
Mandrem Beach
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/Goa/P1000232.jpg
La Plage at Mandrem - the best shack in Goa, in my opinion. 8)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/DSC_0023.jpg
La Plage - owned by the same guys who also own Le Restaurant Francais.
They have now started serving dinner this year.
That's my Majorda picture - it's at the north end of the beach that goes all the way down to Mobor. It's such a long beach that you're bound to find a quiet spot somewhere.

It gets busy at places like Colva, Varca and Cavelossim. :wink:
The shack was right near the bridge to the beach (it was like going across the 'Bushtucker' bridge on I'm a Celebrity....!! ). Can't remember what it was called, it was run by a gentleman called Philip. Will definatley be

Could this be "The End of the World" shack? :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.