51 Posts
20, maybe 30 minutes by taxi.
Yes I agree

20, maybe 30 minutes by taxi.

about 12 & 15 miles away approx

Mids
hi lb
we are staying in sun village too...fly out on march 16th
may see you on the quieter beaches sometime.
:D :D ...my husband and I stayed in sun village two years ago for our wedding anniversary.....we were well pleased with the hotel .....you will like it :lol: :lol: ...the beach you want to try...ashvem is bliss ...try a beach shack called golden eye or tiger eye :oops: :oops: ..something eye you will love the food its class ...morjim beach i have never been ...maybe you could let me know whats its like and i can try it when i go in november :lol: :lol:
Ashbem Beach is absolutely stunning, we visited last month and there were only two other couples on the beach all day! Ate at Goldeneye Beach Shack and the hubby had a fish curry, he said it was the best curry he has ever had in his whole life...was raving about it for days!!
hi thanks for the info. Irish collen, il let you know what the beach is like il be there in 8 days cant wait! Thanks for the info on the goldeneye beach shack whiskas. Lisa x
Hi does anyone know the name of the beach where you have to cross a bridge to get to it? I think its called manderim or something like that but im not sure.
Thanks
morjim is across the bridge and turn lefT? is it this you are thinking of? mandrem is further up with ashvem!
Hi laura, yes i think your right. Ill have to remember that when we go in a few weeks :)
if you go to south goa you visit paloleom beach(paradise beach), but when you get there you ask the locals for a boat trip to butterfly beach or honeymoon beach which is further along - these two small inlet beaches are picture poscard desert island style quiet beaches especially first thing in the morning - recommended
welcome to HT partypete!
Anybody been to Agonda beach. We were gonna go to Palolem but decided Agonda was much much nicer. Wasnt too keen on the beach hut though. every little noise through the night woke me up i was petrified! lol
keira -x-
We stayed in a beach hut in Mandrem last time we went. It was really lovely . There was'nt that many people on the beach and we could see the dolphins. The seafood was excellent. The shack was right near the bridge to the beach (it was like going across the 'Bushtucker' bridge on I'm a Celebrity....!! :yikes ). Can't remember what it was called, it was run by a gentleman called Philip. Will definatley be looking for it next week. :sun
I stayed in a beach hut 2 years ago, went to go to bed and found a million fleas in the dirty old matress, so I found a taxi and went home.
Which is your favourite beach? Why? Have you found the perfect quiet beach ( and would you tell us if you had? :lol: ). Do you prefer one of the busier beaches? Let's hear your ideas of which is the best one.
Has to be Morjim. Dead quiet, just a handful of good shacks, NO sellers and the added benefit of hopefully seeing turtles hatch (if you're lucky)
Has to be Agonda for me -- for the same reasons gooner fan likes Morjim.
Like Linda, Agonda for me, a tranquil paradise.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.