Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
If you mean the Hilton Fayrouz in Naama Bay, you'll find that that particular hotel doesn't offer AI.
Neither does the Four Seasons or the Hyatt as far as I am aware, not sure about the Raddison.

You also need to be careful with some of the 5*'s whilst they a excellent hotels according to the reviews, a colleague stayed at the Hyatt last year (loved it) and ordered a bottle of wine with their evening meal, misreading the menu her hubby thought it was 14 quid and it was 46 quid :shock: (bog standard chardonnay or similar) LOL. we did laugh, thank goodness he had a sense of humour. :lol:

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza the same year as you did, and if you are after something just slightly better, the Rennaisance Golden View Beach resort at Ras um el Sid is good. It isn't overrun with our Russian friends but they are there, once again is only B&B, it has four restaurants (one course meal & 4 drinks for 4 about 30 pounds sterling) and is walkable to Fantasia and close to Old Sharm.

The Russians are all over, but large quantities tend to use the cheaper AI's, you might be OK with the HSB as it has a UK Manager and lots of Brits go there.
The Hilton Sharks Bay also has it's own reef right on the doorstep.
The only thing it really lacks is a beach that you can walk into the sea from. You have to drop off the end of the pontoon and the reef is right there.
Thanks for the replies still trawlling the net for the ideal hotel, the thing is people are so very different and some of the reviews can be misleading, have I put that right???? We might be going with some friends this time and I have gone on a bit on how nice Egypt is, so I don't want to let them down.
I think it might be worth while going B&B, if the hotel is overun with undesirables then we can go to Naama Bay for food.
I sound like a real pompass git but i'm not, just don't like to waste my time or money!(just a poor builder who plays rugby.... badly)
SMc
LOL to pompass git :D You sound really nice and just like you are trying to do the best for your friends.

What time of the year are you going to travel? You might be able to get the Hyatt for £4000 if you are a bit out of season. I don't think I have read a bad review of it and you can get too NB easily as it's about two hotels up from the Crowne Plaza but towards NB.

It's supposed to have the nicest grounds and gardens of all the hotels, lazy river nice pools and I would imagine the breakfasts are great.

I recently saw it on Thomsons site at a reasonable price and you can get a further £100 pounds of if you use a discount code which are on the general hints and tips forum (£200 if you put each family through as a seperate booking).

Let us know what you decide.
This may not be what your after as its outside naama bay and A/I but I can recommend Hilton sharks bay as a good quality 4*A/I which has a pretty high English following and a good selection of teenagers for your 17 year old. :D . we have been the last 2 easters and yes there are the odd few russians but cant say we really noticed them . this year we are going to the Coral hilton in nuweiba after the good reviews :D

lyn
You can check out opinions for Egyptian Hotels in our review section HERE

Might help with your decision. :)
Kath HT Admin
Hi thanks for all the replies, We are still searching we have looked at the reviews thread on this site and others.....HSB sounds nice but it does have plenty of those Russians, don't mind some, but I don't like rowdy or drunken behaviour by anybody Russian or British. If I want that I go to my rugby club :lol: !
SMc
Have you seriously considered El Gouna? It is a very nice upmarket resort, hassle free, you have both the marina area and downtown to walk about in an evening, transport is a set price of £1.50 wherever you go in El GOuna [you dont have to haggle] tuk tuks are 50p per person and a weekly bus ticket is 90p! Also safe for the kids to have a wander on their own. Its a little gem of a place, all hotels set on beautiful blue lagoons, choice of around four beaches. There are lots of bars/restaurants to choose from... think the Three Corners Ocean View which is on the marina might suit you as it is AI, but to be honest I would consider b and b too, because there are so many options. They have a party night on a Friday in the upmarket marina which is great fun, and lots of class acts! For us it beats Sharm hands down and we are planning our third trip in July. We never came across any Russians when there, no rowdies as such and we were there when the world cup was on a year ago!!!! I am quite sure you could do this for under £4000.... we left it to pretty much last minute two years ago and the four of us went for £1300!!!!!! That was b and b in the Arena Inn, which is a small hotel, fab pool, really well located, no frills but totally adequate, staff would bend over backwards to please, and would consider returning if the price was right! The girls are both blond and didnt have any problems at all, and we felt quite relaxed in letting them do their own thing when they wanted to... they were 20 and 14 at that point in time [before we arrived I didnt think I would let them out of my sight!!]. All the bars have pool tables which are free, and the kids loved this and also challenged a few locals to a game too!!!!

Happy planning...
The Hyatt at Taba is lovely. it is HB and when we went it was generally quiet..but not so quiet in that it was boring. Taba itself is quiet and you will find most of the entertainment is restricted to the hotels..although you can use the facilities in any of the hotels no matter which one you are staying in..and there is a free shuttle bus to take you to and from each one that lasts virtually 24 hours.
i stayed at lti grand azure recently booked through eclipse direct who i have always found to be very competitive, stayed all inclusive and this was my 3rd time in egypt, it was a fantastic hotel, loads to do, beautiful pools, good food, brilliant staff and fantastic beach and snorkling and im quite critical when it comes to judging holidays. i would say its the best hotel ive stayed in yet in egypt and would highly recommend it the only downpoint was the evening entertainment but ive found its much the same werever you stay in sharm.
hope this helps
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.