Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
My personal favourite is still the Bangkok Marriott Resort and Spa despite trying others like Le Bua and serviced apartments. Actually I preferred it when it was the Royal Garden Riverside and it was was easier getting a bed round the pool. The hotel though does have a resort like feel, and I love the boat service to Saphin Taksin skytrain station.
Funny that Sunbear , I do really like the look of it, does the boat service run until late do you know??
Don't think the boat runs beyond midnight - perhaps even earlier...so if you're staying out late you may need to catch a taxi to get back.
As usual Sunbear has hit the nail on the head, I too think that it stops around midnight.

The Skytrain also runs from 0600 to midnight.

The remote location of the Marriott is the only thing that has stopped us from staying there. It looks great and we have visited a couple of time to meet people. Strangely enough I also find the Shangi-La is just that bit too far out although we will stay there next February.

We keep returning to the Landmark not only because it's a good hotel but it is also well located for food and entertainment.

Whatever you choose Shirley, I'm sure that you will enjoy.

Peter
Have never really found the location of the Marriott too much of a problem, the shuttle boat is frequent and its a little trip in itself. There are plenty of eating establishments within the hotel complex if you don't want to wander further afield in the evening, and also the Manohra rice barges are berthed there should you fancy an evening dinner cruise. There's also a shopping centre attached with numerous lower cost eating alternatives. They used to use the barges for a trip to the Grand Palace and Wat Arun, certainly one of the better organised trips I've been on with a cracking lunch on the barge as well.
I must admit Pete , I do like the Landmark, we have stayed there a couple of times. The Grand Hyatt Erawan looks very good also.
Can certainly recommend the Erawan Teas Rooms which are part of the Hotel, had the best value meal ever there
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.