Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
I would like to know why the hotel reviews, no longer give the hotel website?

As some of my reviews are for hotels that can only be booked direct, and are not available through travel agents

Regards lassi
Hi Lassi,

Its something we are looking to add back in the future.

Cheers

Chris
I know you've got loads of reviews to add again, and I'm keeping my eye out for some of mine - of which there are many :D Are they being added in a specific order such as date/country e.t.c or just randomly? I like the re vamp of this section :tup
Helen
My MANY reviews seem to be truncated at the moment and my latest review from last month is not showing, but Rome wasn't built in a day and with about another 3,000 to be added, I'm sure in what order they are slowly being added is immaterial at this point.

Sanji
I agree Sanji no idea why it matters what order thay are added in at all, surely no one persons reviews are any more important than any other persons review anyway :que I am sure it has already been said that it will take a few weeks for them all to go on.

I really love the review part of the site, even as it is, it is so much better than it was before,

I used to always add a reviewp if I stayed in a hotel, but only really out of loyalty to Hoilday Truths and not because I though many people actually read them. I dont think some folk even new they were there.

I know it will take a couple of months but cant wait to see the media gallerys as well.

Doe :sun2
I agree Sanji no idea why it matters what order thay are added in at all, surely no one persons reviews are any more important than any other persons review anyway I am sure it has already been said that it will take a few weeks for them all to go on.

I think people who are using the site, and may be new here, would find the most recent reviews of more benefit. So if it were possible to put them on in order, surely that would have made more sense? However, being a bit of a technophobe, that could all be wishful thinking! :rofl
kate
kate52 wrote:
[quote

I think people who are using the site, and may be new here, would find the most recent reviews of more benefit. So if it were possible to put them on in order, surely that would have made more sense? However, being a bit of a technophobe, that could all be wishful thinking! :rofl
kate

I guess we will have to leave it to the experts and techies as they will probably know what they are doing, without us keeping banging on about it, forums seem to work in mysterious ways :rofl
i agree Kate. I think the most recent reviews would be the most relevant to members seeking information. Hopefully they will be included in the review section before too long.
I asked the question, as I have been asked about a specific hotel, which I have reviewed. As it was was an up to date review, I thought it might have had preference. Appologies if others thought otherwise :que
The team that have been given the unenviable task of transferring, amending & mapping the hotels deserve some well earned praise. :tup We aren't talking about a simple move of reviews.

Therefore, I'd ask that members be patient. My review isn't there yet from the end of May beginning of June this year. (4 weeks?) I'm not fretting. I contributed my review, I know it will appear.

Relax :tup
Glynis - I have the patience of Job, and understand how big an undertaking re vamping the review section is. The sole reason for my question, was that I wanted to retrieve some information, which I have now found elsewhere.
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
The team that have been given the unenviable task of transferring, amending & mapping the hotels deserve some well earned praise. :tup We aren't talking about a simple move of reviews.

Therefore, I'd ask that members be patient. My review isn't there yet from the end of May beginning of June this year. (4 weeks?) I'm not fretting. I contributed my review, I know it will appear.

Relax :tup

Well said. :tup
HI Guys,

Reviews are being added in the order that they were added to our new system, which may not be in the order they were added to the old.

Reviews are now being shown in travel date order. So regardless of the order they are vetted the latest (by travel date) will always be shown at the top.

Hope this clears it up for all,
Cheers, Phil
Thanks for the explanation Phil
Just to let you know that one of my reviews has the end chopped off. I don't think there's too much missing, but just so that you are aware there is still a problem. For some reason I can't provide a link to it - it appears as page cannot be found :que
Hi Helen,

Which hotel are you referring to?

Cheers Phil
It's the Park Thistle hotel Cardiff Phil
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.