Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Review section
81 Posts
Both of these issues have been reported on this thread throughout the morning so no idea why a new thread needs to be started

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/topic156001.html
For the simple reason that I have just logged on, and the first page I come to was the reviews. I looked to see if my latest review was there and it wasn't- hence I asked the question :que
Ah right I see apologies, I assume people would have looked round before they posted a query. Very sorry. :(
If you look right at the beginning of my question Doe - you'll see that I can't get into the thread where the issues are being discussed. :que
Did my link not work

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/topic156001.html

Its worked for me both times. I assume you have clicked on it ?

New web-site forum issues ?

If you are going in via view new posts you should see it as it is the most active thread today.
Nope still getting the same message :que Will try again later thanks :tup
There seems to be some duplication and glitches at the moment whilst work is ongoing.

There is a 'New Website Issues' forum at the bottom of the main forums page, which members are saying they do not have permission to post in at the moment.

But there is a 'New Website - Forum Issue' topic in Forum Announcements at the top of the main page which members do appear able to post in at the moment.

Helen, are you having problems with both ?

David :wave
Hi Helen,

That permission issues is on my long list for today :)
With regards to your missing review, we have over 3400 of the most recent reviews still to move over. :)

Hope this clears up the confusion,

Cheers, Phil
we have over 3400 of the most recent reviews still to move over

thank christ for that, there is no way i could remember all mine from2009 onwards :really
Yeah sorry Wiz, forgot to mention in mods. :)
Chris is gonna get on that tonight so if anyone asks tell them not to panic :)
Cheers,
Phil - 5mins ago I maaged to get on the HT issues thread using the new posts button, but not from the main board index, which is shaowing as just one post having been made in that section. Now though when I use either the new post or active topic button it tells me the search facility isn't available at this time.
Helen ... I appreciate it's a bit confusing at the moment, but as I mentioned above, the ongoing New Website Issues topic is not in the New Website Issues forum where you might expect. It's in Forum Announcements which you can access at the top of the main forums page.

David :wave
Yes the one you mention Helen is a totally different topic .. Nobody has managed to access that . There are 2 .Come on girl get with it , have you been on the sherry :D
Are the reviews yet or are the going to be linked to the forum username? I dummy tried a review and it is asking for the personal details and doesn't appear to recognise the detaiils already in the DB from the forums.

Mark
Morning Mark,

Yes the plan is to use member user names and link them back to the members profile. We will also use this as a platform to sign up new members and additionally, we have some user verification tools to add that will require all reviewers to verify their identity.

Once this is done we should be able to match up past reviews with users based on email addresses in the db. We will also be able to let members 'claim' any reviews already in the db.

Cheers

Chris
Its good to see a hotel photo with the review- but will it be possible for reviewers to add their own photos?
Fiona wrote:
Its good to see a hotel photo with the review- but will it be possible for reviewers to add their own photos?

Yes its coming :) Enter stage right.... media gallery.

We will need a couple of months to get this intergrated.

Chris
:tup
What a huge difference that will make.
Yet another suggestion- which you probably have thought about already-the hotels are contacted and given a chance to reply to any reviews.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.