Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Yours may not have been moved across yet Cyprus, hopefully they'll be over shortly :tup
Firstly fwh,

The reviews you have mentioned above is a glitch in the move process that has occurred where there has been an apostrophe and the review has been cut off. Not a deliberate action by ourselves. We are rectifying ones that are made aware to us whilst I think of a one size fits all solution.

Secondly, as cleared up here (http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/new-website-forum-issue-t156001.html) we aren't editing peoples reviews to make them sound better etc if we need to edit a review it will be for grammar, spelling and removing comments that Holiday Truths could be liable for.

Lastly this comment you made I find very insulting and hurtful!

In my opinion such sloppy work

We have worked hard to "save" Holiday Truths and although it's still not complete Chris and I, along with the content team, have been working long days and nights to make sure that all reviews are up to date and that we can drive new members to the site.

Please post constructive feedback but don't slate the work we are doing.

Phil
200% agree with you here Phil.

Apart from one evening when you had to take the site down to do modifications you have kept it up and running while working hard in the background. I'm waiting until everything is hunky dory before submitting my reviews ;)

I know you need to know major glitches that are happening and have asked us members to report as such - but this nit picking is getting on my nerves.

Remember HT members Rome WASN'T built in a day and patience IS a virtue ;)

;) Wouldn't it be lovely if we were all perfect eh?
Now don't all jump on me, I think it's a reasonable question

but can we have an idea on how the transfers are going please? Are we half way there, more than half way, almost done or none of the above?

Phil and Chris if we could have a response to this please it may give you both a bit of peace to get on with things without members posting about how long it will be before their particular reviews will show.

thanks
Phil and Chris if we could have a response to this please it may give you both a bit of peace to get on with things without members posting about how long it will be before their particular reviews will show

I think we can see by Phil/Chris comments in '"New Website - Please tell us any issues you find" they are trying their hardest to keep on top of things and ARE aware of the problems in the Review section.

I'm sure WHEN they have sorted the issues out they will then post and let us know that we can NOW post our reviews. Until such time I suggest having a bit more patience. :que
Hi Shirley,

It's still on going as per the update I posted 4 days earlier? Lol

As Betty mentioned have a read of that thread, we are Implententing a report procedure for "broken" reviews bit as for moving missing ones this is still going.

Cheers, Phil
Betty Boop wrote:
200% agree with you here Phil.

Apart from one evening when you had to take the site down to do modifications you have kept it up and running while working hard in the background. I'm waiting until everything is hunky dory before submitting my reviews ;)

I know you need to know major glitches that are happening and have asked us members to report as such - but this nit picking is getting on my nerves.

Remember HT members Rome WASN'T built in a day and patience IS a virtue ;)

;) Wouldn't it be lovely if we were all perfect eh?

Hardly think it's nitpicking to report a review of a hotel where the only content in said review is 'first a disclaimer' :que
Judith wrote:
Hardly think it's nitpicking to report a review of a hotel where the only content in said review is 'first a disclaimer' :que

The review you are referring to (belonging to another member) is from 5 years ago 2007. Maybe, just maybe the content team haven't gone that far back yet, or possibly they have more pressing issues :think
Wizard HT Mod wrote:
Dont know how you would do the next one but it needs ammending...

The Zante royal [also known as theZante royal palace, zante Royal and water park, the louis royal zante ..and others]
The zante Imperial [also known as the louis imperial, the impirial hotel zante]
The Palazzo di zante [also known as the louis Palazzo, the palazzo hotel zante]

THESE ARE NOW.... the Miro Zante Royal Resort web site

my thoughts are.....
set up reviews as the Zante Royal Resort [with or without the Miro]

the royal and the Palazzo are both greek 4 star the imperial is an A class aparthotel

make a search entery for each hotel but link this back directly to the ZRR review page

wiz

Brian would you post this here as this is the thread Liza will be checking for amendments:-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/hotel-reviews-adding-hotel-apartment-the-listings-t55170-760.html

Judith wrote:

The fact that an error has been pointed out isnt the issue at all. It's more that the 'chopped off' review problem has been noted to us on several occasions along with allegations we are (badly) editing peoples reviews. As we say each time it is mentioned, we are aware, it's a technical error I actually caused when I moved the 78,000 hotel reviews (oops). We are working towards a solution over the weekend. As Phil has mentioned above, we are working on a. 'flagging' system members can use to alert us to specific reviews and we'll fix them on a review by review basis.

We had 3400 reviews to move as part of the final moving process. We have processed about 1000 of these, however (and on a positive note), we are receiving 10-20 new reviews a day with the new review layout and look. So its a little but of us swimming against the current at the mo. at the same time we are fixing other issues that come with having such a large and complex website.

We appreciate your continued patience.

Chris
We had 3400 reviews to move as part of the final moving process. We have processed about 1000 of these,

Chris thanks for the positive response to my query. That's all I was asking for- just an idea of how far along we are. can't say I've seen the query answered before. I looked for the thread Betty Boop's referring to but couldn't find it, sorry.

Look forward to posting new reviews when everything's sorted :tup
We have worked hard to "save" Holiday Truths and although it's still not complete Chris and I, along with the content team, have been working long days and nights to make sure that all reviews are up to date and that we can drive new members to the site.

And from a sunny Spain, I´d just like to let you know that some of us DO appreciate what you have done, what you are doing and what you will be doing in the future.

Many of my reviews are truncated, but I´m fully aware that it´s not just my reviews and that you know about this problem, so I personally see no need to remind you at this stage, because I know, given time, that everything will be sorted out eventually and I´ve never considered myself to be more important than anyone else, so I´m quite happy to wait in line for my latest review to appear.

IMO : The nit picking that´s going off is shameful, it saddens me to think that a few months ago we were all united in wanting to keep HT alive and kicking, and now some seem to be finding enjoyment at puling the place to pieces before it´s been built....So, I aways ask myself - Apart from having the money and time, how many of us could have come forward and taken on the task of moving and combining the massive databases, that were probably corrupted due to the lack of attention in the past.?

Yep, it´s so easy to sit behind a keyboard and criticise, and to think it should be better or you don´t like this, that or the other, but being an hypocrite is something that I´ve never considered myself to be.
If I didn´t like something, then I wouldn´t bother to look at the site, simples !!!. :rofl If there´s any spelling mistakes or bad punctuation in this post, please amend, I won´t get in a strop over it, it´s this knackered Spanish keyboard thats fit for the bin.

Hasta Luego

Sanji x
Surely it's because we do want to see HT become a big success that we are pointing out mistakes. We don't want new members to check out a hotel on HT for the first time and see badly trunciated reviews.
We have been asked to report mistakes so why is doing so regarded as nit picking?.
Judith wrote:
Surely it's because we do want to see HT become a big success that we are pointing out mistakes. We don't want new members to check out a hotel on HT for the first time and see badly trunciated reviews.
We have been asked to report mistakes so why is doing so regarded as nit picking?.

Judith mistakes are fine to be pointed out. We are working as fast as we can to get everything sorted.
shirley h wrote:

That's all I was asking for- just an idea of how far along we are. can't say I've seen the query answered before.

Shirley I did post the answer to your question as I mentioned above, it can be found here -> http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/review-section-t156011-40.html#p1580785 giving you an acurate number of how many were left to move. You did acknolwedge my message.

No worries in providing in an update, just reiterrating that I did indeed answer that :)
Cheers,
No worries in providing in an update, just reiterrating that I did indeed answer that

:duh So I see- call it old age :( My sincerest apologies Phil. You will be glad to hear that I'm now going to shut my mouth about it and let you get on with things ;)
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.