Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Can write a review on Sheraton Towers as we have stayed there 5 times over the last 7 years.
Hi Jackie
the hotel has now been added. Thanks!
Hi Fiona, I stayed at the conrad hotel, if you want to add that one!!
Hi holidayrich
I see you have requested it already! Thanks. It is great to see the beginnings of a useful selection of Far East hotels.
We're planning a trip to New Zealand in October and wondering about doing a stopover in Singapore. It might be possible for me to end up there on my birthday. As we will be taking mainly casual clothes to New Zealand, I was wondering how formal it is in Singapore - will my other half need his shirt and tie when eating out (he'd rather not!)? With a limited time, what are the "must sees" in the city? Any hints and tips for a stopover would be appreciated. Thanks, Maria
Hi,
We stopped off in singapore for a few days last year.
Had a really good time there,everywhere is casual,so no worries about having to dress up to much.
Some places worth visiting are ,the well known Raffles hotel,and shopping mall,night safari,chinatown,clarke quay,it was very hot and humid when we were there[april].
Have fun
suzy
One of our members produced a pretty comprehensive list of places to see here
More info on a stopover here
Finally my first trip report to Singapore

As Suzy said it is casual wear there. We even ate at Raffles and smart casual is all you need.
brought back for L Hilam!
Hi,

I am planning a round the world trip and will be taking in Singapore dates 7th Dec to 13th Dec I am a single female aged 42. I am looking for help with the best areas to stay and hotels 4/5 star. The hotels I have short listed up to now are
Le Meridien Hotel Singapore
Meritus Mandarin Singapore

Any help would be most grateful

Gill x
Hi Gill

I have merged you post with several existing topics on Singapore. You may find some useful information in earlier posts.

luci :wave
Going to Singapore In August for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon. Can antone please recommend things to do and places to see :roll:
Merged with an existing topic which has some useful information. You can also use the Search facility to find further topics on Singapore.

luci :wave
Hi all, its been excellant reading everyones thoughts on singapore! We are planning to stop in Singapore for 3 nights as a part of our RTW honeymoon (SIN - SYD - MOOREA (FP) - NEW YORK) We are planning on staying in the Swissotel Merchant Hotel has anyone stayed here? Also is 3 nights going to be long enough? or should we cut down the number of nights in New york?

James
we have stayed there. Lovely hotel and in a great situation. I would def go again. I would give yourself 3 days in Singapore- but if its only 2 full days you will still manage a lot.
Reviews
my trip when we went to the Merchant Court
We stayed at the Merchant Court locations good but was not really taken with the hotel.
Excellant Report Fiona and i'm glad you enjoyed it!!

Sunbear, thanks for the comments, we will only really be using it as a place to sleep as we only have 3 nights in Singapore so we'll be out exploring! So to hear that the location is good is very pleasing.

Thanks.
Sunbear
just out of interest- what were you not too keen on? We did splurge out on the executive floor that time but if your view was different I'd be interested in your views.
Fiona,
we obviously did not get as good a room as you :) The room itself was spacious enough but had small grimy windows with a pretty uninspiring view. Found the hotel just lacking in character, maybe we expected too much from it. Plus it did not help that OH was suffering from food poisoning that she had picked up in Bali so we spent more time in the hotel than we would normally.

Liked the location though with Chinese opera taking place nearby when we visited (brought back many memories to me)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.