Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
jack,

Who are you flying with Thomas Cook or Thomson.

Angie.
we are with Thomsons flying from manchester Angie
Jack
jackmax,

Details are on Thomsons website where you can also book it online.

Darren
There is no charge with Thomsons premium for booking specific seats. You can only do this 90 days prior to your inbound flight date.
Sunaddict are you sure about no charge with Thomson? I thought it was £6 pp fopr specific seats
Booked mine in premium a couple of weeks ago at no extra charge. It states on their website no charge for specific seat numbers as long as you have already paid for reserved seating, which I think is the new 'sitting together'.
I have booked premium already which is sitting together also, but selecting seat numbers on the web site states £6 charge - are you saying that I can select the seats I want for no additional charge
As you say premium already gives you reserved seats so no extra cost for seat numbers. If not in premium as long as you have paid for reserved seats you can pick your numbers foc.

Below is copied from Thomson website.

Sorry Sunaddict, the content of the Thomson website is copyright protected, but you may provide a direct link to the relevant webpage.
David HT Mod
https://flights.thomson.co.uk/en/flywithus_1878.html

This is the Thomson website and says £6.00 per person per flight
Miss Pink, i travelled with Thomson recently and pre-booked extra legroom seats , i enquired on the thomson thread about which seats were best and was given some good information by Pat , who recommended which seats were good and a contact no. to booked the specific seats, she did say it was £10 per seat and i phoned up and had a good chat with them and booked the same seats out & back , and when i asked how much was it to pay she replied for you they're free , i just thought it was my charming telephone manner :que but Sunaddict is more than likely right!! unless Sunaddict is as good as me for chatting up airline staff?

the number to ring is 0870 607 6757 or 0871 231 4787 , can't remember which one i tried first successfully.

the info i got is on page 33 on the thomson thread.
Well Andy maybe I can get you or sunaddict to make a charming phone call for me too please early next year to get my select a seat for free - every little bit saved counts xx
Sorry David.

Miss Pink it won't let me post the link but definately free. My friends have done the same for a totally different flight. I rang them and just told them which seats I wanted and they sent me a confirmation email within seconds.
Andy - no chatting up required lol.
Just an update the first phone number Andy is obsolete the new number is 0871 231 4143 and just asked telephoned to see if I can book mine and they advised they a little behind, so should be able to book in about two weeks (travelling 27th April) so will let you know. Also he confirmed no charge as I have already paid for premum seats.

Thanks for your help.

Pinky
Just done my select a seat with Thomson Premium cabin for son and I for holiday at the end of April, so thats all done, and got half bottle of champagne too so all good.
HI I am off to gran canaria in may on flight tom1100, 2 adults and 2 young children, trying to decide whether to book my seats. A freind told me they can't seperate a child is this true as then its not worth the money. Any advice thanks
It all depends who you are flying with. My DIL works for Jet2 and they have a policy of A child under 16 always having to sit with A parent. It could be though that 2 parents and 2 children get split up, one adult having to sit with one child whilst the other adult sits with the other child.
Different airlines have different policies with this and I'm not sure what Thomson's do.
Thanks I am flying with thomson,, If worst case would be 2 and 2 then thats fine we could swap kids halfway through, might even be better not annoy each other. thanks for reply I was going to book them and then seat but would not know which seats to book either.

thanks
wonder if anyone could help me, Im flying with Onur Air next month!
and people are saying you dont always get to sit together, theres my 16 year old daughter and my mum and me flying, and i dont think my daughter will want to sit alone all the way for a four hour flight to turkey. Looked on the internet it says it will cost £10 pounds to sit next to each other but other people have said they got put together could anyone help?
Kimmmm,

Can't help regarding your airline, but for peace of mind I would pay the £10 per person to guarantee you sit togeather

Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.