Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
kimmmm,

That's a personal decision really. If you want peace of mind of pre-booking seating together, then you may wish to pay the extra. If you aren't too fussed if you may be seperated by a row or two, then you may choose not to pay it. As long as you check-in with plenty of time, you'll generally not be split up. It's only when you arrive late and the aircraft is filling that you run the risk of being split up as you get whatever seating is left. This is most common on the inbound flight when getting to the airport is often out of your hands.

Darren
Thank darren
but the thing is, ive already paid all the money will they let me pay this £10 on top for 3 of us, and yes im planning on getting there early espically after nearly missing my flight last year ! :duh but lucky we got it!
kimmmm,

You'll have to speak to your tour operator / who you booked with, but I doubt they'll not take any more money from you!

Darren
Hi there

I am looking for some advice.

I have booked a holiday with Direct Holidays (flying with Thomas Cook) to Tenerife. I booked over the phone and asked the lady if I could pay the extra for seats together. She said that I could have "your seat, your choice" which would allow me to prebook the seat I wanted (I have chosen this).

I have just checked the TC website. I can have "your seat, your choice" at £12 pp return (already paid). This allow me to prebook my exact seat 7 days before flying. There is also the option of £15 pp return to pick my seats NOW.

Am I reading the above correctly or am I missing something. I cannot book until 7 days before with YSYC, so someone could pay the £15 now and reserve their seat. In which case I would have been better paying £3 extra each to guarantee the seats now.

My biggest fear is that if everyone paid £15 now to reserve seats, then when I log on 7 days before the flight, all seats together will be gone. I don't see the point of the YSYC if it other people can pay approx. the same amount to book a seat before you.

Can anyone shed any light on the matter before I phone direct holidays tomorrow? Am I missing something.

Thanks
Fluff
fluff29,

You can often select your seats 3 or 4 months before the departure date, once the flight is loaded on to the system (officially it's 2 months). As you say, if you leave it too long, many seats will be selected and unavailable before you even start looking. If you want a particular seats and it's available now, it would be worth doing it now before it's too late. If you only want seats together and don't mind where you sit, you may choose to save the extra and wait. It's up to you realy.

Darren
You need to pay for YSYC first and then the extra £15 if you want to pick your seat now, rather than wait until 7 days before you fly and risk there not being the seats you really want available.

You can't just pay the £15 you have to pay for YSYC first.

When I went to Cancun last September, I paid the extra to pick the seats as early as the Febuary. Even then there were only 4 sets of seats together left!! (In premium cabin)
Several couples on the flight that hadn't taken this option were very upset that they didn't end up actually sat together - they were across the aisle or directly behind each other which TC class as sitting together!
We flew with T Cook to tenerife ,booked through travel agency.
We then decided we wanted extra legroom. I rang T cook chose the seats and payed £72 each (there were 4 of us)
About 3 months before we were due to fly I went on there website and using my booking ref was able to look at our booking,I also noticed that the price for extra leg room was £60.
I rang them and was told that I had also paid for your seat your choice.I was really annoyed and asked "the fact we paid £60 each we still might not sit together"I told her that as long as we had extra leg room they could put us were they like!
I asked for and received a refund of £48 and we got the seats we had originally booked. After all theres only so many extra legroom seats
Regards
Jeanie
Hi Denny

Thank for your reply. That now makes sense that you pay YSYC first and have to pay the additional £15 on top to book a seat now. :oops: The way I read it was that I could just book a seat now for £15 return and not need to pay the YSYC, hence my confusion.

Hopefully alot of people will be like me and won't bother paying another £15 each to book now.

Denny, would you happen to know if YSYC will guarantee my seats together even if I do not get my seat booked on line? I am not fussed about where I sit, just for the 3 of us to be together, that's why I paid in the first place.

Just as well I checking in here first before ranting at Direct Holidays.

Thanks

Fluff
You will get seats together BUT be aware that TC class seats together as being across an aisle OR infront/behind each other! So in effect you could be given 3 aisle seats on 3 seperate rows all behind each other.
I'm not trying to scare you into paying extra but I have seen this done - and no amount of arguing with cabin crew would alter this seating arrangement.
Depends how much sitting actually together (on one row) matters to you?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.