Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
spending money
14 Posts
You will need over £1000.my son is 18 and going to Crete in July and taking £1000.The advice I have given him as he isn't a good money manager is to budget so much for each day and stick to it,that way you wont run out of money by the first weekend.
do u really think i'll need that much? :yikes
Yes.If you are self catering thats at least 2 meals a day,drinks at night till silly o clock in the morning if you like that sort of stuff,entrance to famous clubs(the main ones in Ibiza are really dear)Taxis,refreshments in the day will all add up.

£1000 will see you safe.

£60 a day is £840

In 1983 I went on my last lads' holiday and spent £300 so with inflation I would take that much.

By the way if your'e going bon an 18-30 type of holiday be aware that they will try to get you on lots of excursions as well.
I'm going in July also, doing similar kind of things over there as you and have been told that £1000 is about the amount you need for that sort of holiday.
Think about how much you spend of a weekend night at home on booze and food and then mulitply that by 14.

If you are eating out 3 times a day and then boozing until the early hours you probably will need about £1000 for a fortnight.

Drinks aren't that expensive if you drink pints of San Miguel all night, but if you want to drink bottles of Smirnoff Ice, Fosters, Bud etc then you will pay more than at home because they are imported.
I have been going on girls holidays for the past 7 years and I generally reckon on £50 a day so £700 for a fortnight. I am going to St An this year and am going to take a little extra, perhaps £750 because of the cost of going to the big clubs but certainly nowhere in the region of £1000. I reckon, as you say, going to a big club will be the exception rather than the norm. Don't plan to drink in the big clubs, as another poster said 'I'd rather drink the foam than pay €10 for a water!' The disco bars in the West End are a good laugh I've heard. They are open till six and are not expensive.

We always eat out in the evening but probably only once or twice will we eat out at lunchtime. We go to the supermarket at the beginning of the holiday & stock up on loads of booze, snacks, crisps stuff to make sandwiches etc so most days we'll just eat that during the day, it wastes less valuable sunbathing time and the fridge is the nearest place to crawl if you have a hangover! We always start the evening drinking in the apartment as we are getting ready (although I guess us being girls that takes longer than you!) Then we don't have to buy as many drinks when out. We do buy a lot of drinks round the pool during the day tho. As I say we eat out every night and we go out pubbing/clubbing just about every night too, prob 12 nights out of 14. Each holiday we always go on about 3 trips out during the day too, boat trip, jeep safari, whatever.

As I say, every girls holiday I have been on so far all of this has come within £50 per day so far. I always take my credit card with me just in case, you don't want to run out of money on holiday so if you don't have a credit card it would be sensible to take extra. But my feeling is if I took £1000 I would find silly ways to spend £1000! I only put things on my credit card if I really have to!

Probably the best plan is to find out how much your mates are taking. It's irritating to go away with somebody who has got a lot less than you cos then they're always watching the pennies! It's equally annoying if one of your mates has got a lot more and is constantly flashing the cash!
Thanks for that funofthefair, this is my first girly holiday and im realy looking forward to it!!

i thought £1000 was a bit steep and im sure about £700-£800 will be ok im going to take my card though just in case!

Thank You!!!!!!! :kiss
Blokes probably spend more than girls as a) they drink and eat more :roll: and b) the lads have to flash the cash to impress (and get drunk) the birds :twisted: . Girls spend less as they can rely on lads buying them drinks! :wink:
Any guy wishing to get me drunk is more than welcome! :wink: Mine's a large Bacardi & diet!

You enjoy yourself Tonid87!
I thought we lived in a liberated age.Guys buying drinks for girls!!!!!!

Why not the other way round
I have acutually encountered a male freeloader on holiday! And I bought him (and his mates) drinks a pleanty until I realised this! So Wayne, I think the answer to your question is men see buying girls drinks as a bit of a (possibly miss-placed!) investment but girls see buying drinks for guys as a bit of a waste of money. Any who wants a guy who can't afford his own drinks anyway eh?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.