General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
The Villa Mandi has a great reputation , I work in travel and we get asked for this one a lot, it does look very good.

I am undecided about next summer yet, quite fancy a trip back to Jamaica , the beaches are great and I fancy lounging around on a sunbed with a good book, this year my summer holiday will be very hectic , 3 far east cities in 11 nights, no beaches just sightseeing, so maybe it will be time for a lazy holiday next year, decisions, decisions ...
Vicjay i have been looking at booking my hols for next year also , its my 25th wedding anniversary in October next year
and would rather go away than have a party . As i work in school i can only have a week in October at half term , i have been looking at the Canaries but my hubby says what " only a week "

Lynne
Yes, we've definitely thought about next year's hol. Whenever the brochures come out for the following year, sis and I are off to the travel agents and come out armed with all the brochures. As the Euro - sterling exchange rate is so bad at the moment and not looking likely to pick up before this summer's hol to Crete we have decided to abandon the euro zone next summer as we reckon we'll get a much better deal going long haul AI. We also haven't discounted Turkey. I think our eventual decision will be between Turkey and Dom Rep, both of where I've been to before and loved. We will probably not book until August on our return from this summer's hol. Looking forward to a little more research between now and then :wave:
Hi we all booked up for next year too booked it 26th april
went into thomas cook shop and booked melas resort hotel in side turkey for 28th july 2009 for 2 weeks for 5 of us :sun2 :wave: :sun
I usually book as soon as the new brochures come out, but this time I've got no idea what we're doing next year. Son goes away to Uni this Autumn and wants to go to NYC with friends next year, so probably won't want to come away with me and his sister.
I planned to take daughter and her friend away next Spring (either Easter or May half-term) but friend's mum keeps changing her mind about whether she can afford it, so I'm hanging on until I know I'm getting a good chunk of deposit from her! We've already missed out on a few good Easter flights which have sold out while she's been "thinking about it" :roll:
Haven't managed to get my hands on many brochures for 2009 yet, although a Portland Preview popped through the letter box this morning. Would also like to see the First Choice on-line prices as well.

Will probaby not book till I return from Lykia World this July, but at the moment the Hemera Hotel in Turkey is still favorite as its a different part of Turkey to where we have visited before.

I like reading about what others have booked though. :tup
Last week I booked up for next summer for the Mar Amantis, San Antonio Bay, Ibiza. When I told people at work I was visiting the travel agents for our 2009 summer holiday, they looked at me like I had 3 heads!! Some people just don't get all the fuss about choosing/booking a holiday do they? :que
Brother-in-law and family are moving from the middle east to the USA next month so we've promised we'll go and visit them next summer. They aren't sure where they'll be (depends on where he can get work) but his wife's family are in NYC (she's American so they can get into the country without too many barriers) so they may well end up in that area.
I do believe you get a better deal if you book in advance, the price of the holiday that we have booked has rose by £300 already! :yikes , which i think is quite alot of money, also this way it gives me a whole year to save.
I agree with you we always book when they first come out and our holiday this year has gone up to 677 pp and we only paid 505 pp last year when we booked :)
don't know yet, if we like cyprus this year, we'll be back next. Only thong is, we'll probably have missed out on free child places.
Would normally have booked by now, but with the OH job looking uncertain, it's not a chance we can take. Would like to take the kids to Florida though if finances allow and there is no benefit to booking that too early anyway. I'm also tempted to look at doing it DIY and as the flights aren't yet released it gives us a bit of time to see how things pan out.

Pam
Booked for Majorca July 09. Staying in a hotel. There are 14 of us going :)
Ive booked the Hemera in side for 19th July for 6 of us . Thought it was going to be way over my budget but got what I think is a good deal with direct holidays for the same as I paid for last summers holiday which i booked 2 years ago. :)
booked last week for aug 09 fuerteventura school hols and i got a bargain its gone up already by £370 i'm not going to look again.
florida booked played thomsons an thomas cook off against each other to get a good deal
Not sure what I am going to book at the moment, I think a lot of people will be skint after this hols and bargains will be up for graps next year.
After lynwestie said they had booked the hemera for a good price with direct holidays I thought I would have a look. I book 2 adults and 1 child at adult price £2300 4 august. All the other tour ops want nearer £3000 for that date. I am sure the price will rise soon.
Have booked for next summer to go to Menorca - Paradise Club - believe its quite popular and gets booked up quickly :)

Booked thorugh direct holidays - much cheaper than Thomas Cook

Ali x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.