General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Have booked up for next year - as it will be my 40th :really we are going to take the kids to Florida in August.
we are off to palm gardens in turkey again next year!

got a good price too.....
we are going on a Caribbean cruise in Feb half term 09,then not sure where to go in summer hols...

will have enough Tesco clubcard deals to book a Cosmos hol somewhere, but not sure where! :que

places taking my fancy at the mo are Turkey,Croatia,Majorca,Malta,Bulgaria

any recommendations ,help would be fab :)
we are 2 ad and 2 ch who will be 13 and 7
:)
Anywhere that caters for this:
Half board or all-inclusive hotels that cater for fun loving people who will join in anything, so want recommendations for hotels who are renowned for having a good entertainment team who encourage guests to participate in their night-time shows, and, in the daytime, provide a variety of activities for adults such as: waterpolo, table tennis, french boules, football, volleyball, swimming pool games and hold a small evening presentation of diplomas for daily winners.
smurfitt - If you don't mind long haul then its definitely the Riu Tequila Mexico for you. It has everything that you've asked for. I think we've narrowed our options down to Turkey or the Dom Rep. WE haven't been to either. Going to book a little later this year, after we've come back from this year's holidays in Crete.
arrrrgh....forgot to add that I hate flying. 4 hours to Gran Canaria is traumatic enough for me so I think long haul is outta the question.
But thanks.
any of the first choice holiday villages sound like they would suit you!
We have been going to Albufeira since 1997 - go again in 3months and no doubt will be going again next year.

Just love the place! :)
Have just come back from Belek in Turkey, and have got our holiday booked for the Dom Rep for May 7th next year. Booked through the First Choice shop but are flying wth Thomsonfly. Had quote from First Choice shop, looked on Internet with Thomsons was cheaper, First Choice shop matched it. Then First Choice Direct phoned me took another £40.00 off per person. First Choice shop matched that. So all sorted got a great deal with wheeling and dealing.
Now cant wait to get there. :tup
london -april with the two eldest, a 3 dayer, hopefully see a show, couple of museums and a red bus tour. Its their first time to the capital so really looking forward to it.
Santorini-september, just me and oh celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary.
Disneyland paris-june, take littleun and spoil him :)
We're booked to go to Sunrise Royal Makadi in Egypt for Feb half term and two weeks at the Duni Marina Palace in Bulgaria in August. We have an annual child-free week in the Caribbean in the October half term but haven't got round to booking that one yet. I like the look of the Excellence Punta Cana in the Dom Rep but need to persuade my OH as he prefers Mexico or Cuba!
A summer holiday is something that doesnt really bother me, but my OH does like even just a week away in July or August. I literally hate winter time, it makes me feel so down. As long as I am booked for Goa for British winter time I am more than happy. We are going to Goa Nov 08 and March 09. We are booked for Egypt for end Aug 8 and we are currently looking for a weeks holiday early July 08.
So I dont know about summer 09, it really depends how the pound pans out against the Euro. At the moment I am avoiding all Euro countries like the plague!!! If we decide to go away next summer it will be a non-euro country or somewhere even further afield.
Still cannot decide for next summer, thinking maybe Jamaica or Barbados .......hard to decide , on the one hand I have visited Jamaica before and I loved it, on the other hand I like to try new places and have never been to Barbados , will probably end up somewhere completely different , maybe Bali :que
I'm like you Shirley. I haven't got a clue. :really Do I go back to beautiful Turkey, but a different resort from Olu Deniz where I will have been twice. ? Or possiby Greece, another favorite of ours ? Really enjoyed Lagos on the Algarve last year and have a hankering to go back. Just seen a superb looking hotel in Cyprus (never been there) in the Thomson brochure and have put up a post asking about it. Could end up somewhere completely different from all these though. :think
Still not got a clue - in previous years I would have had something booked by now, but I just don't know what to do next year at all.
Daughter's friend's mum has now decided she can't afford to pay for her daughter to come away with us after all (after umming and ahhing about it since March). My son doesn't wasn't to come because he wants to go away on a lads holiday instead.
So, it's just me and daughter (who'll be 16). I'm not sure if she wants to go anywhere with just me and her, she wants either her friend or her brother to come. I don't know where I can take her where we can both have a nice time - she's a little too young for clubbing and I'm a little too old - and we've "been there done that" with all the rowdy 24/7 entertainment all-inclusive hotels (and had some great times). I'd like to go somewhere a bit more "posh" but I don't think she would. I like to do sightseeing, but she most definitely doesn't!
I'm going to wait and probably book something a lot nearer the time, although that will be unheard of for me!
I'm not thinking of summer 09 yet , concentrating on Oct 09 as it will be my silver wedding . I dont want to go to far as i can only have 1 week as i work in school, i'm lucky that my anniversary is actually in the Oct half term . So thinking of the canaries, sharm , or maybe cyprus.

Lynne
still no idea ! would really like to book something, but it has to be cheap and cheerful, off on our second holiday this year ( went to tenerife at easter ) to fuengirola, but I really am stumped as to where we go 2009, having a seven yr old daughter, we have to think about things like waterparks and alla the wonderful things that kids like to do on holiday !
Rachie, how do you use your tesco vouchers for holidays? do you have to go on their website? i have some vouchers i have had through the post got quite a few, have they got an expiery date do you know? can i use these or do i have to do something online? thanks
Well, I was actually sitting by the pool when I booked up next years hols, phoned TA and told her we wanted the same hotel again next year.
Rising Star, Protaras. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.