General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Gemma

There is a sticky topic at the top of the Egypt forum with info on Nile cruises.

luci :wave
Thanks Luci :tup will read thru it. Well the most recent posts anyway, thanks.
i am off to benadorm never been before but going for my honeymoon so not bothered where i go just for a good time july 2009
booked for april next year for me and my husbands 25th wedding anniversary, we are going back to Mexico, got a good deal with http://www.caribbeanwarehouse.co.uk cant wait
Booked today for Kefalonia - 46 weeks and counting!!
Lally
No idea, depends on finances really. Tend to do stuff offpeak really. When I went to France I didn't book it until 1 month or so before hand.
41 weeks and counting going back to the Olympic Lagoon in Cyprus :cheers
When I started this post many months back I was very excited about my holiday, and got a great deal, just got a letter from thomsons saying that my flights have been cancelled :cry , not very happy as I don't want to fly from any other airport as the one we chose is only a twenty minute drive, so it looks like I will be back down the travel agents getting brochures, to find myself another holiday, wish me luck as the prices have rocketed!!!! :yikes
will let you all no how I get on.
Well we booked Buenaventura Hotel Playa del Inlges for 1/2 term oct 09, thought we had a good price and great flight times, have since been notified that flights have changed until silly o clock , was told we could alter location , airport and either have the differnece in new choice deducted , or pay the differnece if new choice was dearer, but we could not have a refund of any deposits paid if we wanted to cancel , as its school holidays i was originally pleased with the price but when looking on the internet the same holiday with Thomas cook who we are booked with is £240 cheaper so even tho i am booked for gran Canaria i dont think i will book this far in advance again .
llindy, we was offered all the same options as you, but we was still allowed a full refund on our deposit as they could'nt offer us the holiday we asked for look into this, it does'nt seem quite right to me!
Also i don't no if would book so far in advance next time again, have been looking around a prices and there are still bargains to be had, i will be rebooking another holiday this afternoon and saving myself £400 hopefully :tup .
well guys, we are off to jamaica 24th may for 2 weeks, woohoo !
can't really believe I've actually booked it, considering my intentions were going to be booking fuerteventura !!
fantastic price, well, I think so, £2470 AL for the 3 of us for 2 weeks, we must have spent that on our holiday in spain this summer, so we are right chuffed !
:sun2
Have just booked to go to gran canaria, staying at the altamar aparthotel on the 20 july 09, got a great price as well 2 weeks half board in a 2 bedroomed apt for £2270.the same price we originally paid for two weeks s/c in tenerife, so I am really pleased.
Just hope there are no problems with this one!!!!, will keep my fingers and toes crossed :tup .
Well, we were going to go to Rhodes with Kosmar but then found out I was expecting!! Baby due in April so it looks like it gave me a lucky escape!!! :tup Might grab a few days in Cormwall once my maternity leave starts
Not going anywhere. :cry Can't really afford, as just spent a small fortune at the the vets for one of my cats. But, it could change and could do a last minute thing.
emmarushuk wrote:
Well, we were going to go to Rhodes with Kosmar but then found out I was expecting!!
Congrats! :tup
Booked tonight to return to Kenya after a great time this year. Going to do another safari too but this time doing Masai Mara. :tup

Can't wait.

Mandy :cheers
plans have changed slightly...
Still london in april
and instead of santorini, we are going to turkey (with the kids & mum) couldnt bare to leave them behind :que , to hisaronu,my fave place of all of em, beginning of oct 09. Have not booked yet as I have to wait for my hol request to go through at work. We were going to book titanic in Lara beach but thought we might get bored stuck in a.i all week so self catering is back on the agenda.

I cant wait, just 53 weeks to go :yikes
Booked to go to the Maldives Sept 09, cant wait!!! Water Bugalow, Full Board, 2 weeks paradise. :hols :hyper
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.