Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Alan

Glad to hear your tickets are there - ours should not be far off. I too look at the websites but hubby refuses to listen and just wants to be surprised when we get there!!!!. I know what he means - its great to explore new places. He is however counting the weeks - only 3 and a bit now.

See you there

Jo
:D Hi

We have 8 months to wait before we go to Sun City

Cant wait to read your report on return

Hope you all have a great holiday :D
Like Cyberspacekadette, were off to Sun City next August and we will have a 16yr old boy in tow - but hopefully only till he meets other youngsters. :wink:
I'm so looking forward to it having just come back from a brill time AI in Kusadasi. I'm almost to the stage where I'm countign sleeps. :shock:
Hi jillym :D 10½ months to go! I was at my friend's house last night - they go to Olu or Hisaronu every year, (they stayed at the Asena Village this summer) and they had loads of photos of Olu and the beach. She said she'd seen the Sun City and it looked nice. So I'm really looking forward to it now.
:yipee
Thanks for the good report on Olu. Now Autumn has finally set in and winter blues are not far behind :( It's great to have two weeks of sunshine to look forward to. :lol:
were going 21st october to sun city can anyone tell us what it's like

weather
insect to be aware of
Hoorah

Tickets have arrived. Just over 2 weeks to go - can't wait. Nothing left to do but pack now!!!!

Jo :lol:
Hoorah

Tickets have arrived. Just over 2 weeks to go - can't wait. Nothing left to do but pack now!!!!

Jo

Jo

Glad to see tickets arrived at last.

Only 10 sleeps for us now. (Still not packed though!!!)
were going 21st october to sun city can anyone tell us what it's like

Zannie

I will be on the last leg of my holiday at Club Sun City (10th - 24th) so can't help I'm afraid. The review section does contain a lot of reviews and the Hotel's own web site and the Olu Deniz Beach web site gives a lot of useful info too.

Hotel's Web Site : http://www.suncity.com.tr/english.html

OluDenizBeach Web Site: http://www.oludenizbeach.com/

Enjoy!!
Hi Alan

you lucky thing!!! From tomorrow I can stopping counting in weeks and start counting in days. Should not rush things really as we don't want it to be over too quickly, do we. Have started getting some stuff ready - making sure things I want to take have been washed and making sure jobs at home are done before we go.

Nearly there !!!!!

Jo
Hi got back last night after a week at Club Sun City, so thought I would tell you what I thought.

It is CLEAN, very clean, maids clean rooms every day and change bedding every 3 days, immaculate, nothing Missed at all.

Food was good (not hot like we have it tho) good selection, the roast beef and mash was lovely - and the tuna kebabs amazing ! Really enjoyed the good selection of different dishes and we ate something different every day.

The pool area is lovely, sunbed problem was ok for us (hotel pretty quiestish at the mo) we were putting towels out at 8am and plenty of beds available.

Tables cleared quickly, and restaurant looks very hygenic.

Have to say (sorry) we didn't drink any alcholol, the wine was terrible as was the lager and the spirits, we ended up paying £5 quid for imported drinks. (Maybe we are just too 'english' LOL). The juice (Tang) was lovely tho as was the coke/lemonade etc.

The ice cream was delicious, the burgers in the snack bar really nice, they can't make chipslike we do, but they try hehehe.

Entertainment was fine, no pressure to join in, Hubby played water polo every day and enjoyed it a lot.

My tips are to buy beach shoes (so you can walk into sea without hurting feet on pebbles)

Get your trips from metrolya (bloody gorgeous), barter for a good price, we had amazing trips to 6 Islands and also Dalayan and turtle beach (ask for a trip with Attil as the guide - he is amazing and you learn so much). Turkish Mud Bath was fab !!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a meal from Hippshake - amazing steaks and lovely staff,also the waterside does great cocktails and the staff are great.

Watch out for WASPS I hate them and they are really bad in the outdoor eating areas, I spent a lot of timing running !

Club Sun City I think is a lovely place, ohhhhhhhhhhh before I forget, you HAVE to have a massage and foam bath at sun city,price is£29 but we bartered to £20 it was soo worth it, it's only booked for 2 people at a time and is thoroughly cleaned between each person, so no hygeine issues.

Have a great holiday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Hi

Glad to hear you had a good time - we go on 17th 4 two weeks and cannot wait.

Can you tell me - was the kids club on while you were there and if so do you know anything about it ie is the costs, times etc. I don't know if you have children but if not you may have noticed! My kids are looking forward to going occasionally and to be honest a bit of quality mum and dad time would be nice!!

What sort of food was on offer for breakfast and evening meal? This will be our first time AI in Turkey but hoping that it is worth it - children can have what they want then no worries about budget being blown.

CHeers

Jo :lol:
Hi Bailcat,

We got back from Kusadasi as our first time AI in Turkey and our prior nervousness was totally unfounded. The food was excellent, varied, often cooked in front of us. Our 15yr old was more than happy with the choice of pasta n chips so we had no problems at all.

Hi charley24

Thanks for a good review. We can't wait to go next August! :lol: The alcohol won't bother me as I drink anything above meths - :oops: was the lager Efes or Tuborg as hubby managed quite well with that this year?
Glad you had a fab time and took the time out to post. :lol:
Hi there the beer was turborg, all the bars served efes as well in town.

The kids club looked good, well ran and the kids seemed to be having a ball !

The play area is near the pool, so parents could lie on sun loungers and watch them !

The food, brekkie was eggs (fried, boiled, scrambled) some days potato, pancakes, omelettes, cheeses, all preserves, meats, bagels, bread (we loved the brekkie)

Lunch lots of salads, potato, fish, hot meals beef, veal, soups, chips, pasta etc, dinner always had more variety, kebabs, roast turkey, tuna, pasta etc, the food was delicious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi

Thanks for that. Food sounds wonderful. I am sure we will all come home a few pounds heavier. My oldest son eats like a horse so he is looking forward to eating as much as he likes!!!!

Kids club is good news - kids will love it and will also give us a break. My 3 year old has not been a lover of the pool over the last two years (this year may be different!!) and it is hard work having to follow him around to make sure he does not fall in so the kids club may be a blessing for him (and for me - I spent the last two years walking round and round the pool with him and not much time relaxing).

My only worry at the moment is my hubbys bad back is playing up and he is taking a couple of days off in the hope it will ease before we go. Won't be much fun if he is laid up or if we have to cancel. Hopefully some rest and a couple of visits to the osteopath will sort him out.

Thanks again for the info.

Jo
Victoria/Neil

Did you have to pay for the Turkish Bath at the Hotel or was it only the extra massage?

We go on Monday (Not long now!!!) and I have emailed the Hotel to book it for the night of our arrival (They only do then 4-7pm??) but still haven't received a reply so thought I would just check.

Positive outlook for the food too according to your report. I haven't told my other half that the brekkie is not the standard Turkish brekkie yet!! Now I know it includes other items I will have to let her know. :roll:
Aasgmhill - the brekki also includes all the usual turkish stuff. At breki i used to have Omelette or something cooked :D followed by a bowl of musli with dried fruits , apricots, raisens etc and a bigf heap of sugar :shock: followed by Turkish yogurt with big helpings of honey/fruity jammy stuff . :shock: :shock: and i still had room for some yummy fresh bread and jam :shock: . needless to say i wasnt really hungry at lunchtime :shock: :shock: .

lyn
the turkish bath trip we paid £12.50 which included lunch from metrolya, also was trip to turtle beach included with that well worth it esp if Attil is the guide.

We had a massage, foam and oils and face mask in sun city and it was supposed to be £29, we bartered and paid £20, others do it cheaper but you have the wholeplace to yourself at sun city and privacy, plus its very hygenic and cleaned properly for each person. You book it for an hour.Can RECOMMEND it was FAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 island boat trip bartered again £5 each including lunch, fab day out !
Thanks for the reply.

Can anyone please clarify of the standard Turkish Bath is included in the All Inclusive package as the brochure only states that the massage is extra at the Hotel?

I don't mind paying to go to a proper Haman if the one
at the Hotel is more "touristy" as we all went to a decent one near Bodrum (Orkatent ?) last year and it was great and ended up being only £7 each with the massage extra, of course. I think it sets you up for the holiday and optimizises the tanning potential (I sound like a salesman!!)
The brochure says it's only open from 4-7pm and that is why I emailed the hotel to get it booked for our first day in the resort. I have also seen the adverts on Thomas Cook TV for the Hotel and the Web Site and it shows quite a big area for the facility and looks good.

I will deffo go to Bloddy Gorgeous as we want to go a few trips (Butterfly Valley, Mud Baths, Boat Trip and possibly Ephesus although this is a bit further away this year)

Only 3 more sleeps now so the tension is building!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.