Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
In terms of flat, wheel chair accessible resorts I think only Son Bou, Santo Tomas, Cala Blanca, Santandria tick the boxes. Cala en Bosch is flat but also the most busy with it's density of hotels

Cala en Blanes is not very attractive IMHO and I think requires steps to beach except for a long way a round to a slip road for boats access to the beach

Cala en Porter is actually full of hills-what makes is so nice!
Re Calan Porter:
hence my comment about hiring a car! But the beach area and most of the town centre (restaurant and bar area) would be accessible for Annpat. It is a stunning beach.

Totally agree about Blanes/ Forcat!
To be honest it's not ( Cala en Porter ) for a wheelchair user who might want someone to push them in evenings ( except if they are in town centre apartments ) ,not in a car ? ( I have had a place there for over 20 years and its the best resort beach !)

Yes I know they now have a great wheel chair access/facilities down at the beach. I have sent the german translation for the facilitity in to 'Web' as possibly the worst /laziest translation example I have seen on the island- it even contains characters that are only in Spanish language!
Thanks every-one for you help, still haven't made our minds up as to where to go.
Going to the Talayot for a week in about 6 weeks time. I believe that the apartments are situated in different blocks throughout the complex. Can anyone recommend a particular block to stay in (or to avoid). I've read that some of the apartments in X Block are based over noisey bars. Ideally I would like to be somewhere that is quite central to all facilities but far enough away so as not to be disturbed at night. Also if I was to contact the Talayout to request a particulary block, does anyone know if requests are usually granted?
Any suggestions or advice on the complex in general would be great.
Thank you.

Bex
Hi Bex ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing 2 page topic about the complex, which may provide you with some useful info while you wait for more feedback.

David :wave
I see this topic hasnt been posted in for a while, but Im going in a couple of weeks and was hoping for some up to date feedback or even other people due to go this summer to get excited with lol.
Tayalots is well placed for the only real beach in that area Cala en Blanes. The apartments are on the perimeter of what is Los Delfines which is probbaly the most developed commercial holiday area on the island and has lot's for children. You'll love it or hate it as there is a lot of catering to english tastes.

There is a (co owned ? ) supermarket opposite where you can stock up on snack and drinks for the kids
reviews are not showing for this resort or the apartments.
I thought it strange as itis one of the main resorts :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.