Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
As i only got a taxi from the airport to Bugibba i can not comment. I did originally have my transfers booked with Swansea, but cancelled the return as it was 7 euro cheaper with Ray.
Do you have details of who you booked with?
We always use Star for our trip from the airport to Bugibba/Qawra

We paid less than €18 each way last year. The apartment accommodation wanted to charge us €50 for the return journey.....

James Agius - star@mail.global.net.mt

If you contact him, please tell him Michele from Cyprus will be contacting him again later this year for the parents and her own arrangements for February!
:cheers

CwB
There is now a website called Malta Airport Transfers that operate a service between airport and hotels etc. Their rates seemed very competitive. They had a big sign in arrivals at Luqa airport. If we don't have a lift waiting, we just go to the taxi desk in arrivals, tell them where we are going (Birzebbuga) and they designate a taxi to us. Usually less than 20 Euros. Some drive like lunatics. When there was 4 of us they made us get 2 taxis because of the luggage which I thought was very cheeky! Also, they never know where Qajjenza is in Birzebbuga, which is amazing for a flippin taxi driver and I have to give all my friends going to the island a map and directions. Can highly recommend Franks Garage who will pick you up in a Mercedes, be there on time and drive like a gentleman. Will cost a little more but worth it to arrive in one piece.
Sorry I do not have enough postings to display links :(

So just add www :tup

If you need to hire a car from and return to the airport, then I would recommend Super Car Hire 79446004 - .supercarhire.com
:wave:
We've just returned again a week or so ago and used James Agius at Star and paid €34 return from Luqa airport to our accommodation at Club Salina Wharf in Qawra.

My parents flight arrived around 2am with a day return and were charged €35.

You can contact him by email: James Agius - star@mail.global.net.mt
Try travel republic for transfers return to Qawra from airport £9.11 per person
About Ray Bezzina car´s hire.

I strongly unrecomend this company.

We did not only had to pay an 500 euro excess for a damage on a wheel and a stripe, (plus a ilegal tax of 15 euros) for using VISA. When we came back from our hollydays we have a default on one of our accounts caused by two extra charges supposed to be denied on their office.

They declien to give any explanation or answer about the charges, and we are now trying for legal way to solve the issue.

They also give a substitution car with empty tank, that we have to pay for fill it and they did not refund us the money since the first car was with half the tank. They again decline to explain nothing.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.