Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Never been to Symi, but having read the last few posts will try and get a ferry across for the day, never knew I had so many friends that are with me to beautiful Greece.............away gang, lets go!!!!!
I'm on my way but have to wait until august
Returned from our month on Symi today. Still wonderful. Lovely to meet all our old friends on The Rock again on this, our 14th visit. Spent the first 2 weeks with 7 friends in the amazing Sophia's House on the water front in Harani. Not quite what we are used to with the colonnaded walk through the house gardens, one of the bathrooms with twin showers and a 6ft square bath (why??) and certainly the first time we have had a dressing room (!) in any apartment in Greece. It is now for sale but we couldn't quite scrape up the €1.7m between us. Shame.
Easter was even noisier than usual with the dynamite and fireworks increasing each year. The celebrations with Judas being stuffed with fireworks before being set alight and traditional dancing in the Square was superb.
For the second fortnight we moved to the more normal Anastasoulla and returned to our regular walking and boat trip practices. Wonderful food, people and scenery as always.
hi all.....Ive been to Greece twice.....first time to Tolo on the mainland...was BB....no full english....but greek yogurt honey and fruit.....traditional bread....cheese....and scrammbled egg with bits of bacon in...also cake and greek biscuits.....absolutaly brilliant................no frills in the room ...but tiled floors and white walls....spotlessly clean.......was a shower cubicle........atmosphere was great so relaxed ...cant remember off hand the hotels name.

The second time was Pefkos on Rhodes.....stayed at the marianthi apartments.....self catering...had family room....white walls tiled floors...very basic....shower over bath.....was great not needing to get tangled up in a shower curtain .... the bathroom had a drain in the floor so no worry about spilling water .....spotlessly clean....such a peaceful location... but only a few minutes walk from the best resturants I have ever eaten in...

Both times I have returned feeling chilled out.....tweetie
rpbristol - Will have to take a look at Symi, although I don't think there's flights from Cardiff. In the meantime - roll on August for a 2 week fix of Zakynthos! :sun2
Helen we went on a day trip over to Symi when we were in Rhodes , it was stunning could have done with more than the day but to be honest with you i think it would be too relaxed for us to spend a fortnight there , and i can understand why people return time and time again
when we were travelling back on the ferry from Symi we got talking to a woman who was just returning after 3 months on the island- she told us that once you have been there it stays in your heart and you have to return. We've not been back yet- but there is something very special and magical about it.
totally agree with you rachaelb44, it was back in 2008 when we went , and i can still visualise that first site , also of the monastery at Panormitis.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.