Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Thomas Cook
1042 Posts
Hi kaycee

You can make your own luggage labels HERE

luci :wave
hy guys a no this might sound a bit silly but av booked me holiday through thomas cook and i am flying through myt who do i check in with when a get to the airport lol am a bit confused. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Hi Andy

You will check in with My Travel, when you get to the airport just check your flight number shown on your invoice / tickets with the screens when you enter the terminal and they will tell which check in desk numbers to go to.

Graham
thanx very much graham was feeling a bit silly but had to ask. :)
hi kaycee1h,
just emailed thomascook about baggage allowance as we only got 15kg each and have been told that you can combine your total for your party!
as there are 4 of us got total of 60kg , we will take 3 cases of 20kg each and i was told this is ok as long as any one bag cannot be more than 30kg.
hope this helps

from justine
We got our tickets through the other day and we have got the full 20kg each and i didnt pay for the extra 5kg, so how come some get it and some dont! :x

We did book our hols last October so dont know if that makes a difference.
Has anyone else had problems trying to obtain holiday quotes on the T.C. website?

Each time I have gone into the site to get a quote, their software is still thinking about it after 5 minutes so I come out of it. Normally, if you go into a website it comes up with prices within a few seconds.
hi justine

I not sure which one of us has got the correct info on this luggage allowance from TC, but I know that you cannot take out more than 23kgs per suitcase due to the new health & safety ruling, and if my info is right you might be ok getting from our country by combining, but when you try getting back from Turkey you could well be stung for a few bob at their airport, it might be an idea to take your TC email to your local branch and ask them to confirm it due to the different opinions, but my local TC branch was very adamant that I would not be able to combine the weight

good luck
kaycee
justine

if you do get any more info could you let me know cos if your right it would do me a favour

thanks
kaycee
flew with TC about two and a half months ago allowance [without buying extre] was 15kg hold 5 kg hand =20kg and yes we got stuffed on our return for excess [ strange as the cases had exactly the same back as out]..when i was booking our sept holiday T/C only offers 15+5 unless i paid more, got holiday from thomson apart from a better timed flight 20=5kg and the holiday itself [same hotel etc] was cheaper

wizard
I've been checking TC website for a while, mainly browsing for holidays next summer and I just want to ask where have all the 'transport supplements' come from? :evil:

All the holidays I've been checking out seem to have this added on adding another £100 or so pounds on to the total price.

What's going on?
From Scotland the transport supplements are even worse adding on about £549 for the 4 of us in total :evil:
I have been pricing with them today,strange when I put 2 adults there was no transport supp,but when i put 4in there were?What's that all about then!
hy maryb i think it all depends on who you go through as it gives you a price on the net but then when you do it throught the shop they say its in with the price is it or are they justs aying that to get more dosh out of us :) :)
Priced on internet,put two or four adults no transport supps but put around nine in and they charge extra 49pounds each,can't get through to thomascooks to ask why.
typical of thomas cook we use them every year and this year they never told us about the aprtments we normally use witch are los alisios about them clossing down the reception and the pool bar at 6 at the night times at fuerteventura so we are staying some where els hope you get throught to them maryb.
Hi,Andy where are you going instead?I remember you being there for the last couple of years when we have been there.Not too keen on the changes either.Thomascook who are now part of Mytravel and Direct holidays are charging nearly one thousand pounds more for the same holiday to Los Alisios than Direct Holidays.Only thing is TC have availability and DH haven't,so I don't now wether to go this year.
hy maryb we are staying at the oasis village at the top beside the water park but we will be visting the staff awho are still their you nevr nwo we might bumb int o each other again ye am not very happy about the cahnges eithre bt never mind. we have used thomas cook again this year but we are flying with my travel and i got a good price av only paid just over 6oo for the 3 of us. will thire be the 12 of you going again
No there would be 16 this year as my son would be going with his girlfriend and her two children.He has a son but he isn't able to go.Hope you enjoy your new apartment's.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.