Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Thomas Cook
1042 Posts
I had a look at the Thomas Cook website earlier and i must say that the format has really improved.. im sure it has all be re done.. Before hand I found it really faddy to use but now its really good and simpler to search :D
Daniiiiiii
transport supplement just a another word for flight supplement. I think thomas cook should review the 15KG luggage. I paid the extra because this year if we had 15KG weight limit I would been very close to going over. How many people who don't get anywhere near 15KG are paying for nothing but hot air, and its a nice little free earner for TC.

I see the fuel supplement has been absorbed into the holiday price like thomson did, it must of had negative impact on TC and lets hope the 15KG will have a negative impact on TC.
Thomas cook are doing £25 deposit with no strings attatched. I booked last week and had to pay £250. With the £25 person deposit if something happens and you can't go its not very painful to cancel.
I would like to give credit to Thomas Cook at the moment.

Due to unforseen circumstances we could not pay the balance money for our flight when it was due on Monday. We had already paid for the hotel back in April with another company.

I rang them and explained my situation. They said they would have no problem accepting half this month and half next. Took a huge weight off my mind so thanks TC you have given me a lifeline.
Isn't the £25 deposit a "low deposit", so if you had to cancel you would still have to pay the remainder of what deposit was required.

Might have a look for next year.
I think they have had a promotion on with a low deposit of £25.00 - and if you cancelled that was the penalty.

Not sure if it is still running now.

Kath HT Admin
Thomson do a £50 deposit and it states if you cancel you won't have to pay anymore. I paid £50 per person deposit last week and the due date for my payment is 12 weeks before departure and I checked it out with thomas cook and they said if I cancel I wouldn't have to pay anymore.

I think the £120 ppd is too high and probably is a hurdle to some people booking especially with xmas around the corner. If I had to pay the full deposit I wouldn't of booked because I have money saved to pay for xmas and thomas cook would of wanted £600 instead of the £250.

I think the tour ops have seen sense and the amount of bookings will be up compared to when people had to pay £120.
looking at a TC holiday for 21 October - what are ther timings for it to drop?
Looks like thomas has changed my flight and I am so happy about it. Instead of 07.55 take off its now 14.30 take off. This will mean no getting up in the middle of the night to catch a early flight. The only downside our return was at agreat time landing in the UK about 6pm but now its mid-night. Oh well, can't have everything.
Hi Can't

So glad you're pleased about your new flight times. Sometimes these things do work out well in the end...as you mentioned though not a great time for the return flight...could have been worse I suppose.

Have TC confirmed this in writing now then? Looks like you're one of the lucky ones if they have! I'm still waiting to hear about my MYT/TC flight - all I know is it's cancelled! That's what they told me on Fri last week.

Where are you off to by the way?

Nic
Hi nic

Travelcare phone thomas cook today who confirmed the flight times were changed on 28 october to 14.30 take off from 07.55 and return flight 21.30 changed from 17.30.

The flight times weren't my main worry, it was being able to book a late check out room before everybody grabbed them with the later return.

Sorted out a late check room so they had not better well change it back to an early morning or I will want my £36 back.

I dreaded getting up at 3am but now will have to get up at 08.30 8)
Just seen Manos holidays are on TC site and on the manos site holidays using TC flights have been added. Looks like more integration going on between airtours and TC. I couldn't see any flight moves and manos's original flights are the same with thomas cook flights added.
Thomas Cook have taken over all MyTravel companies
Manos, Direct Holidays ect

They have changed some flights mines has disappeared for next year (see Direct Holiday topic)
I believe that they integrated their systems during the last weekend in Oct. Whilst trying to sort out an alternative accomodation this week I was told I could pick any holiday from the whole Thomas Cook Group not just DH who I booked with. Only problem was they wanted me to pay the diff in price!!
nic

There is always a catch. I changed my hotel this summer with thomsons, they left some info out on the hotel and I changed for health reason but even though it was partly their fault for not suppyling some vital information I had to pay the difference for the new hotel which had gone up £50 per person from when booked the original hotel. I had to fight with thomsons not to charge a amendment fee.
I agree they'll try to catch you out if they can. The problem I had with what they were offering me was that my original accomodation is 4* with all the facilities a family of 4 would need. The only accomodation that's available now is 3* and lower and I wouldn't have considered it even when it was approx £500 lower when I originally booked. I can also book these alternatives now DIY for much cheaper. Why should WE end up out of pocket! I just feel they are out to rip people off if they can get away with it and it shouldn't be allowed!
The prices of MY Travel holidays has really shot up since they joined TC and updated the website.

I keep an eye on holiday prices to Turkey all the time (call it my hobby) and most holidays have risen about £300. :shock:
Manos and DD are very expensive compared to TC, I have booked for the hemera turkey for next year 4 adults and a 14 year old at time of travel in 2 rooms. I am paying £3300 with TC but DD is £4800 and manos £4500.

All other tour ops are doing the hemera have child price to 14 but my travel group has child price to 12, and where I got a free child place for my 13 year old my travel group only gives a couple hundred pounds of the adult price for 12 and under. All the tour ops charge £200-£300 for a child compared the £700 my travel group charge.

I would like to know why my travel group of companies are so expensive and why they aren't doing the a child to 14 years old. Its the hotel who does child prices to 14 years and it seems my travel group of companies are making a fast buck out of families, especially families with kids between 13 and 14.

TC price has gone up and it is still cheaper than my travel companies, my travel companies are the most expensive out of all the tour ops.
TC price has gone up and it is still cheaper than my travel companies, my travel companies are the most expensive out of all the tour ops.

My Travel are part of Thomas Cook, it is all the one company.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.