Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
We go on 28th August, but looking at reviews etc it looks and seems like it will not be done. My daughter is 21months old and it is the whole familys first holiday abroad. Thomsons are saying they will only move us to a 4star, when ours is 5! I am so upset and disheartened.
The majority of the reviews are really positive, although a few mention building work, and out of those that did not many said it had an impact on their holiday.
I know, but it is the fact that i specifically asked and they said no!
I am not being charged to stay at a same star hotel, it isnt fair. I dont know where I stand, i dont know if I have paid too much. They are saying i an change it to another holiday, but everywhere is so expensive?
If you have to follow through with this holiday then here is some advice:-

Write to Thomson's (recorded delivery) and state that you are accepting the holiday 'under duress' and are reserving the right to pursue a claim for compensation should this building work mar your holiday.

If you find yourself on a holiday which is being marred by building works then collect your evidence.

1) Report the matter to your rep and fill in a complaints form. Keeping a copy for yourself.

2) Take photographic evidence (using a separate roll of film - not one containing happy holiday snaps)

3) Take camcorder evidence - especially if noise is a problem.

4) Collect names and addresses of other holidaymakers who are complaining.
Thank you - but do you know if they actually CAN change my hotels etc. I spoke to someone at Thomsons yesterday who said they will either do that or refund me. I am worried that if I get a refund then everywhere else will be expensive. We spent £1303 for2x adult 1x baby and insurance?/
Check round on the internet to see if you can find anything suitable if you'd prefer a refund. Did you ask them how long it would take for you to receive this refund?
NO I didnt, as they are still checking whether I am eligible for one! Even though on the phone yesterday they said i could. Now they are calling me a liar so checking there recorded calls. Some are recorded some are not!
Have found the holiday village in Hammamet?
This is so so stressful!
Thanks for your help honey xx
I can only find one serious complaint about the building works, it was originally posted on TA but has then been syndicated over a range of other sites. The person who wrote it claimed to have been hit on the head by a piece of concrete that fell 60ft - I'd take that with a pinch of salt, 60ft is about 5 floors high so if it is was really true he'd be in hospital and I think he'd have mentioned that! The same bad report on 5 different sites does not equal 5 bad reports. This is the trouble with the internet, posting on multiple sites just causes panic amongst others who don't spot what is going on. The bottom line appears to be that there is building work going on in an adjacent building - various people recently returned agree on that bit at least, but the majority DON'T say it was a serious problem. But since most reviews are on TA we can't be certain that any of the people have actually been there!
Hi mandmharris. If you look at the top of this page you will see Hotel Reviews. If you then look at Tunisia you will find a report on the hotel by Julie from Manchester who has just returned from the hotel and it may reasure you about the works going on there. Maybe you will not need to move.
The review is certainly reassuring.

Once again can I ask that when people post reviews they also include their username. With that anyone who has a problem of this sort could possibly ask for help/advice/information from the person who has posted the review.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.