Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi JJ
Certainly sounds like it was a nightmare holiday. Good luck with your fight. Please keep us informed. ( I have had to delete a few repeat posts. )
By the way- we have twice reached out to Love Holidays to join here and help those with problems. Unfortunately, although the fb messages were acknowledged, we have yet to welcome them here.
  • Edited by Fiona 2017-09-10 23:12:30
If you like to know what are they like you more than welcome to talk to me over the phone i never encountered a cowboy company in uk like them i am not sure how much u know about this issues but this was my first time i had a bad holiday and i traveled around the world with my job but i guess this is what happends when one books in a hurry as london life is always busy

i am not sure how this site works but if you like i can send u my number u can call with private number and u will never have love holidays here they are terrible i have very stroong case and they now to cover their miss selling me a 3 star for 2 star made aligations that are out of this world i am not happy at all
No you dont need to phone- I believe you! We have quite a few others who have experienced problems. Good luck!
any good lawyers for this kind of problems any good ones i mean so i can call or contact via email?
Try http://www.holidaytravelwatch.com they deal with holiday complaints.

Good luck & please let us know how you get on 👍
I already called them and they refered me to law society as they only deal with sickness or accidents but thank you
Have ABTA got back to you?
hello fiona love holidays you travel and abta seam to me like one big con part of mafia travel industry .

yes fiona they said as this love holidays my booking agents are part of abta but the supplier you travel is not part of abta so they cant help me any further as the abta thinks is you travels responsibility on other hand you travel send me email saying the responsibility falls to love holidays so i am being ping ponged around the block but love holidays send me on a 2 star hotel that they advertised as a 3 star in their website . I am lost with all this :P
jani
So your booking is with You Travel, who are based on Dubai. Did you get their T&Cs?
http://www.youtravel.com/booking-conditions
well i called love holidays i did not know you travel i looked in love holiday site for hotel they told me on phone i never checked anything

on you travel they say they have uk office and they answer to uk laws on uk courts

but why i have to do with provider ibooking agent what role they play as they have their own site that say 3 star while hotel owner say 2 star
in an email you travel has stated that my contract is with love holidays and i have to solve any problems via them not via you travel
Ok. So what does your paperwork say? The t&cs?
loveholidays acts as an agent in respect of all bookings made on our website or by telephone. For all bookings,your contract will be with the applicable Service Provider of your chosen Arrangement (who may be the principal
or the agent of the principal) and loveholidays acts only as an agent on their behalf. We do not create or
organise package holidays. All package holidays available through us are organised by third-party Service
Providers on whose behalf we act as agent and where flights are included, protected under their ATOL. Where
you book certain flights or a flight and hotel product, it is protected under our ATOL (10989) but we still act as an
agent on behalf of the applicable Service Provider. All the Arrangements are priced independent of any other
Arrangements booked at the same time and creates separate contracts directly between you and the principal of
each Arrangement. Please see our Agency terms and conditions for more information. i wish i knew t&c s lol i thought my son just had an operation he recovered well casts came off lets go away i never thought id get shafted really
hi fiona

i think my case get simple as the love holidays breaking the law here by miss advertising the hotel in their website as a 3 star so they are in wrong
can i put them both in y claim to the small claims court as i would like the ceo to join the claim as this companies go bankwrupt every time i try to sue them lol story of my life last case was copyright theft not holiday so dont think i am used to make holiday scum claims i am a photographer some one stole some of my pics and used with no licence lol
i would add to my claim deformation of character too as you travel pushed their luck can i pur 2 comapnies in joint claim?
I booked in Feb to go to Dubai for Christmas.
when I go to log in LoveHolidays it does not recognise my booking number. also we clicked paypal to pay and there is no record of the full payment on paypal, I have just spent half an hour on phone to them. the money has come out of my husbands bank though, not as paypal payment!!!
waiting anxiously now to phone tomorrow am, but not in the least optimistic. If we have lost just under £2,000 I cannot tell you how cross I will be.
i have their email confirmation of booking, giving flight details, etc, all with Love Holidays full details including all their proper phone numbers.etc etc.
but, ........... lets hope it is not a scam. Will update
Welcome Something Old 👍

Sorry to hear of yet another problem with this company!

Please let us know how you get on. Good luck 👍
well from my dealings with both love holidays and youtravel it seams they throw the blame on eachither and never resolve anything worse company ever well both of them i think is time uk did something about travel ombnusman as i see is allover the floor lol
  • Edited by Fiona 2017-09-17 16:27:47
When booking with an online travel agency( OTA) you do need to read the T&Cs very carefully. Be sure what you are booking and who your actual contract is with. As well as being careful with the actual booking, do a bit of research into the online travel agency. We are one good resource for that.
Always look at the About Us section of the OTA. For example Love Holidays one is here
A quick glance and words jump out at you which are reassuring. But reading clearly the ATOL Protection headline does state that not everything is covered by ATOL and you should check before booking what protection there is, if any. On this page Love Holidays also advises on contact emails for both ATOL and ABTA.
All OTAs have T&Cs which may be boring to read but do tell you vital information such as who your contract will be with. Do not assume that as you went through an OTA, your contract will be with them
You will have been asked to tick that you have read these T&Cs. For instance Love Holiday ones are
here
They are clear that they accept no liability for any contract you enter into with a service provider, as will no doubt be the same for all OTAs.

There are lots of people who will swear by OTAs. In my case, Expedia went way above what I would have expected when our airline decided the day before our holiday, that we would need to fly home 2 days earlier. We did get our whole holiday duration, not on exactly the same flight, but one 2 hours later. You can only really tell how good a travel agency is, when a problem crops up and how customer services deal with it. ( Funnily enough, recent reviews of expedia have been pretty mixed, if not downright poor. So its worth keeping an eye on reviews and holidaymakers' recent experiences here )

We welcome any TAs or service providers to join and respond to any queries or complaints posted on our site. After all, we all want the same thing- happy holidaymakers!
  • Edited by Fiona 2017-09-17 17:44:11
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.