Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Waterparks
100 Posts
the waterpark is open?
We are going on Tuesday (28/3/06) and some said it was closed due to maintenance, is this correct?
Also what can i expect the kids to find to do when i get there (ages 8 and 13)
And can anyone recommend some good cheap places to eat and drink?
Thanks -Mark.
The water park re-opened on the 19th March. 8)
Can anyone confirm that children under 1. 4 m have to wear armbands at Baku waterpark ? There is a resort review on this forum which states that they do. I was there last December and my two didn't have to.

It will be a pain as they are both coming on great with swimming and I'll have to go and buy armbands just for this.

Judith
They have to wear arm bands on the bigger slides if below a certain height. 8)
Hi there.

I just got back from Fuerte on the 26th.Although I didn't visit the park myself,a family that was staying in our accomodation did.Their son was not allowed (by management) to wear a t-shirt on some or all of the rides and ended up with an extremely nasty case of sunburn on his back.

Also if this is of any use to you.The entrance costs are 19.50 Euro's for adults and 12.50 for kids and also from what I heard it is half price after 3 PM.Opening times in the peak season is from 10 AM until 6 PM.

Dave
Thanks for the info,

will take armbands with us then.

Judith
I wouldn't worry about this being closed in March. We went in July and the strong wind meant it was freezing cold. My son also got badly burnt, even though we lathered on the cream. as he wasn't allowed to wear his sun protection t shirt. I was told the rule was for safety in case clothing got caught on something. I did point out that if that was the case they ought not to allow swimming trunks, but they failed to see the anomaly.
Other than that it was a lovely water parc with lots of variety.
You can get in very slightly cheaper after 3pm but the place is shut and empty by 6pm.
yes there is a waterpark it is in Corralejo it is called the Baku waterpark. it takes about 50 mins to get there on the coach. if your all inclusive make sure you ask for a packed lunch. the foods very poor but its worth asking just for the bottled water. Now for the shocking bit. when you enter the park, if you want to hire a locker, it will cost you (all these prices are in euros) 2.50 for a key with 5.00 deposit. there is nowhere to sit so sun loungers cost 2.50 each. there are only 2 slides which you can use the inflatable donuts on. these cost you 2.50 for each single donut with a 5.00 deposit on each. a double donut will cost you 4.50 with a 5.00 depost but this can only be used on the black hole, 1 slide only. if your kids are under 1.5 meters in height they will not be allowed on any of the slides no matter if they are a world champion swimmer, you will be asked for them to wear arm bands. my kids all learned to swim from being babies and my 8 year old was shocked and embarrased that she had to wear them. oh yea i didnt take any with me but guess what, you can buy them there for 2.50. the food there is average and for a family of 4 your looking to spend about 30 to 35 euros for lunch. you can't leave the complex so your there from 10am to 5pm, take plenty of sun screen as it is very hot. this place is not worth the money you pay, i think for us 4 we payed 68 euros then all the extras.you get your deposits back but its really not worth it. for a great value day out try the oasis park.
Hi Lightman. Interesting to read your comments as I was going to add something very similar to this post. I was very disappointed with this water park too. Like you say it is expensive to get in without all the added costs, we are a family of 5 and I think it was around 70 euros just for the entrance fee and then you have no choice but to pay the extras. My son is 7 and a very good swimmer and was too not impressed at having to wear armbands which we also had to buy from their shop. The best entertainment of the day was when the wave machine was switched on and numerous lifeguards appeared to make sure nobody go into trouble, I think it was a competition as to who could blow their whistle the most times!!! We did have a great day out at Oasis Park and the did the camel riding which was a great experience.
Hi,

Just returned from Fuerteventura last night.

Having been to the waterpark last December and again now I would like to say that my kids did not wear arm bands last winter but did this time, I found it better.

This is because that in December there were height restrictions on some of the flumes which meant that they could not go on .

This time with armbands they could do ALL of the flumes.

Yes it is expensive but what isn't. Try taking a family to any theme/waterparks anywhere in the world.

19.50 euros adult .12.50 euros a child

5 of us for 76.50 euros plus hire of a single ring at 2.50 euros and a double ring 4.50 euros.

We took a picnic as we would do for the beach and bought ice lollys.

No one came around to charge for the sunbeds until late in the afternoon so we said we were going and then nabbed three sunbeds that had already been paid for by someone who had left !! A saving of 7.50 there.

The kids enjoyed it and we spent all day until 5.40 PM.

Judith
This is because that in December there were height restrictions on some of the flumes which meant that they could not go on .

What is the height restriction?are there new restrictions?, we were there last year and my son who was 8 at the time was allowed to go on all the slides ,we are going again in October , my son is 1.28 metres(i know this because we have just been to Spain and we visited Aqualandia in Benidorm and he was allowed on :shock: :shock: ALL the slides) he is 9yrs old but is quite small for his age..
Just recieved this from Baku
Hello Mr. Spurr,

Yes you are totally right Mr Spurr, I am afraid you have been informed correctly. Regardless your son's swimming capabilities, we have got height restrictions. Children under 1'30 m must wear armbands. That way your son, as any other child, will be allowed to use all the slides at the park apart from the Kamikazes. I deeply understand your child circumstances as you described them, but as you will understand we cannot make any exceptions; please bear in mind that these rules are only set in order to keep everybody's safety at the maximum level. I hope you understand and I look forward to welcoming you.

Best regards
Eloy Riera Wirths
Departamento Comercial Baku

My son is 9 years old 1.28cms tall and has been swimming since he was 4 yrs old, in fact he is a better swimmer than myself or my wife, to expect him to wear armbands is ridiculous , especially as last year he went on all the slides without any problem , in fact we have just returned from SE Spain where we visited Aquapolis in Torrevieja and Aqualandia in Benidorm and he was allowed on all of those slides(height restrictions of 1.25cm)
We will not be attending Baku this year i'm afraid, god i'm so angry :evil: :evil: :evil:
Hi folks,

just back on saturday from my hols 2 weeks in the Fuert. :( :(

in my time there we arranged it so that we went to the waterpark on thursday. i really wish we handnt bothered. my partner isnt really into the slides and stuff show she sun bathed. but me, well i love the water parks. so i thought me and my 9yr old would have a field day. we didnt.

to begin with, in comparison to other waterparks i have attended, i though it was a bit steep in price at €19.50 fo an adult and €12.50 for a child. it is not value for money. once there you will discover, 2 rides that can be used without rings, and 2 that can. (for those over 1.30m in height. and a lazy pool. there are a few smaller rides and a mini park park for kids, but not great really.

further, id would bring your own lunch, the prices are unbelievabley dear. rip off really. only go if u have free time or the kids nag enough.

i rate it 4/10
hello just reading up on the water park, we have been to fuerteventura before and we said would go back once water park is open, we are booked to go back the end of febuary for 2 weeks, my question is will the water park be open as it will be a big dissapointment if its closed.

:cry:
Sorry, the water park will be closed in February. It closes on the 6th November through until March 2007.
when in march does it reopen as we are there till the 10th of march
i really hope it opens while we are there my partner who is big water park fan will be absolutly gutted if he misses out this year.

last time we were there it was just being built and he said we will have to return once its open.

and our holiday to Atlantis palace in corralajo is already booked :cry:
hy all going to fuereventura in 13 days went their last year and we never did the water park and by reading these a wont be when did it start and close from the 6th november. We were their from the 3rd till the 10 of november last year and was open all week :lol: :D
Does anyone know when it opens this year after the winter break?

My 7 yr old was gutted last year to find out that it opened the day after we left. We arrive on March 16th ( a week later than last year ) so if anyone can help TIA

Bob
I've heard it opens round about the time you arrive Bob

Kev
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.