Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I learnt how to make a lassi drink, and have almost master'd the art of drinking out of a bottle, without it touching my lips.
I was always amazed at how Mothers would carry young babys around with bare botties, and never get messed up, I learnt it was all to do with just knowing the signs the baby would give. A lot of " green mummys" in the west are now trying this method, they call it Ellimination Communication
I told my Daughter about it, but she stuck to the pampers
x lassi
I think that going to Goa has taught me several things:

Not to take what I have for granted.
To appreciate the freedoms we enjoy (that many in Goa / India generally are unable to do).
To appreciate family and friends more.
To accept those things that I cannot change and to change those that I can.
To smile in the face of adversity.
Another lesson I have learned in Goa is to read between the lines and not take everything at face value!
Believe me I don't get it right every day, but at least I now try ;)

How to cook xacuti.
Still mess up rice even though I have been to cookery classes out there :oops: (will I ever get it right without resorting to "boil in the bag")! :yikes

The most important thing to me has been learning how people who often have so very little are still more than willing to share what they have........and they do so without complaining and with a beautiful smile. Priceless :) :tup
Not me but my son - we sponsored a child in Goa during the 80's and took our son with us on an Indian holiday when he was a 13 year old - we stayed at the Taj Sinquirim for 2 weeks then went to the village of our sponsor child. He was so humbled by the way the peopled lived that when he went back to the UK he completely changed the way he lived. He is now Vegan and this holiday was the change of his life - he became a different person - thank goodness. He lived the life of a rich kid (our fault really as we always said "yes" ) but now he does things for other people like mentoring people on the internet (usually Indian but this is purelly random) and works with challenged people teaching them things about computers and theatre.
Last year he came to Goa and met the person he was the internet mentor to which was quite a suprise to both of them but the Indian kids could not believe that he was a more "Vegan" person than could ever be and they have now struck up a very good friendship.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.